• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

Quote from: Andreas on January 16, 2009, 03:56:33 PM
So it does work as intended now? By any chance, did you install the OneWayRoad Arrow Reduction plugin, which was not there before? In this case, you have to redraw your oneway roads, as the modified arrows have to be placed in a specific way (I think they are flat models, similar to puzzle pieces). It's possible that this causes the old paths to break, so the re-drag is necessary.

Now it does work.. it only took one single click on it to paths be redone ;) about the OneWayRoad Arrow Reduction plugin.. I can't tell what I had before.. can't remember  :-\ but maybe is that  :thumbsup:

Fenestraria

I installed new NAM yesterday and I run into plugin conflict. With oppie train mod present game CTD whenever I tried to make an intersection with standard road tool. After removing that folder from plugins everything works perfectly. I find it weird that automata set would conflict with standard roads, which did not happen with previous NAM. No big deal, just thought you would like to know. And thank you all for new NAM, it is awesome. I particularily like FLUp and T-ram features.  :thumbsup:

Pat

LoL SG its all good there and yes its a simple fix... To make your Rail Line textures darker and match whats there use SFBT Rail Texture... I hope that helps you out,

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TWAK

My problem is simple but I can't find the plugin that is causing the issue.  just look at the picture I know it's a simple fix but I dont know where the file causing the conflict is, since it's not in the nam folder.

Haljackey

TWAK: Simple.  You have the asphalt highway mod and textures for those missing segments have not been made.  I've got the same problem too for both new interchanges.

Until "someone" makes the missing textures, the interchanges will continue to look like that.

Jonathan

Thanks marcszar,
I had that issue to, wonder why that texture was changed in the NAM but not the others...
I just ignored it because I hardly ever play SC4, and my plugins is a mess.

Jonathan

dedgren

Cross-posted from 3RR.  This issue was raised by Albus of Garaway and also remarked upon by Lmac.

[tabular][row][data]
<---snip--->
Now, everything was working wonderfully, I until I finally got some freight rolling on the tracks. The train was running smoothly for the first few curves, but then out of nowhere, this happened:

Any suggestions? :)

EDITMy friend, that is a stumper.  I created a "train layout" quad of dual-rail trackage using all the wide curve, FARR and switch pieces and it ran for a full day (I too used the automata generator to create a couple of trains) without incident.  Can you please provide some more detail?- is that diagonal or ortho trackage?  Does the "train" stay like that after is happens or resume normal form anywhere else on the trackage?  Is the section you are showing flat or on a grade?

I'll cross post this in the NAM issues thread- I know all the brilliant problem solvers over there will be interested in this.  If anyone else experiences this issue, please report it- maybe there's a common denominator we can figure out.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Albus.

btw- your pics look great!
-DE

[/data][/row][/tabular]

Anyone else ever seen this happen?

The SFBT rail texture mod, IMHO, should become an official part of the NAM.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

deathtopumpkins

Yeah, I have that happen all the time. I've noticed that it usually seems to occur if a train is nearby when you build/bulldoze rail or modify something around the rail line such as terrain. It's a realitvely common occurance in my game that I've never really thought much of.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

projectadam

I have gotten myself into quite a pickle. On certain network pieces, (I am thinking they are all NAM pieces but not 100% for sure) I am getting doubles of them and having problems building a few of them (just a red arrow). I checked out the FAQ referring to the red arrow and it mentions having past NAM files still present which I am guessing that I do but when I run the Cleanitol program, it is not locating anything and stating that I am up-to-date.

A solution I tried was uninstalling the newest NAM, reinstalling the April NAM and using the uninstall thinking that would remove the previous files. I reinstalled the new NAM but still am running into the same problems. I am guessing it is going to be something that I just have to go through and find the files on my computer but I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction or have a different solution because I do not want to mess anything else up as I continue. Thanks for looking it over and offering solutions.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

Jonathan

The only explanation is that you have a NAM somewhere in the plugins folder, If you take the NAM folder out(don't uninstall just cut and paste), do you still get the icons.
Also you need to download the actual NAM not just the Essentials, whihc you might have done.

Jonathan

projectadam

Quote from: Warrior on January 17, 2009, 01:04:33 PM
The only explanation is that you have a NAM somewhere in the plugins folder, If you take the NAM folder out(don't uninstall just cut and paste), do you still get the icons.
Also you need to download the actual NAM not just the Essentials, whihc you might have done.

Jonathan

I found the older NAM File sneaking around in my Plugins. Thanks for the reply Jonathan, seems like things are working &apls
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

andreharv

Not sure when this happened...Installed the RHW 3.0 and it was working fine for a while.  Then I realized that no new traffic was entering the RHW roads I put down.  Existing traffic continued to use them, however.  Cleanitol checks out all right and I reinstalled NAM, essentials, and RHW in that order and still having the same problem.  I have nearly 3 gigs of plugins and was able to delete a couple old files but haven't found the culprit.  Before I start moving files one by one  :-[ I was wondering if someone figured this problem already.  Thanks/

Tarkus

andreharv, there could be a couple issues that may be causing what you're running into.  First of all, what kind of RHW are you trying to lay?  Are there any Network-over-RHW pieces or Neighbor Connections involved?

-Alex (Tarkus)

TEG24601

I'm curious as to why all the Monorail pieces were shoved to the bottom of the rail list.  It is quite inconvenient, especially since I have a new station plugin that sits just below the the Rail Viaducts, and then I have to click down to the bottom of the list to get to monorails to connect it.

TEG

Swamper77

The monorail tool being at the bottom of the rail menu is the game's default position for it. The puzzle pieces for the monorail were probably placed down there to be near it.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

andreharv

Quote from: Tarkus on January 17, 2009, 04:48:27 PM
andreharv, there could be a couple issues that may be causing what you're running into.  First of all, what kind of RHW are you trying to lay?  Are there any Network-over-RHW pieces or Neighbor Connections involved?

-Alex (Tarkus)

Funny you might ask.  The RHW stopped working when I was trying to get a network connection to work.  I was trying to find out how little avenue I could use to connect the RHW to the region about the time that the whole thing stopped working.  However, I tried to test RHW-2 and 4 in a seperate region with no neighborhood connections...a simple test case connecting res to ind and it didn't work.  To my knowledge, there are no overlay textures involved.

SimGoober

Thanks for the links, the new textures look great, and everything matches now...  ;D
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Andreas

Quote from: TEG24601 on January 17, 2009, 05:36:46 PM
I'm curious as to why all the Monorail pieces were shoved to the bottom of the rail list.  It is quite inconvenient, especially since I have a new station plugin that sits just below the the Rail Viaducts, and then I have to click down to the bottom of the list to get to monorails to connect it.

As Swamper77 said, the default position for the in-game (draggable) monorail icon is at the bottom of the menu, near the Maxis monorail station. When the last NAM was released, we though it might be a good idea to move the icon to the top, but after playing with that configurations for a few month, I realized that it's pretty inconvenient after all, since you have to scroll through your entire menu when building a monorail line and (Maxis) monorail stations.

Also, with all those new rail-related menu icons that were added in the current NAM (and the upcoming RAM/STR), the top of the rail menu gets pretty full, and changing between draggable rail and the various rail puzzle pieces always requires a bit of scrolling, which is equally annoying. Therefore, we removed the custom position of the monorail icon again and also updated HSRP, so it will be moved to the bottom of the menu.

If you have custom monorail or HSRP stations, it would be best if you modify the Item Order property of those as well, so they get moved to the bottom of the menu. You can do this either with the Reader or SC4Tool; here's a screenshot where you have to look in the Reader:

Andreas

[Delta ²k5]

First of all: Great work everybody! I love those new pieces and "Networks" but I've discovered some problems that may need to be fixed:

1. A pathing problem with the style b entrace RHW6C ramp. As you can see one path isn't connected to the others and is flashing red

2. A texture problem with the 90° mis curve

3. A problem that is happening to me since RHW v. 2.0 with the turning lanes (I guess that something in my plugin folder is causing this problem, but I don't know what exactly...)

I found the solution for the last one... "CPM_YellowStripe_RoadTurningLanes_LHsPatch.dat". I don't have the LH version installed :D

CaptCity

Quote from: justatest on January 15, 2009, 07:23:48 AM
I'm experiencing an issue with the SAM v3 and the latest NAM:
If I build 2 streets with one lot distance, the texture of the dead end is flipping, see first picture.
Tis is not only a problem with this one texture, but also with others (e.g. it is even worse with Tolca's dirt road).

This issue was not present with the NAM of April 2008, see second picture. Thus it seems to be NAM related.

Is anybody able to verify this? Else I would have to check again my installation...
BTW, I first removed the old NAM for the plugin folder, then installed the new. Afterward I copied the SAM folder from the old NAM folder to the new one.

Thank you.

Just wanted to verify this issue. I am noticing the same thing. Examples of how it's appearing to me:

Adding more or redrawing causes others to 'flip' back.

Seems to only show up when crossing the main line and if the short streets are closer than four tiles. Also, it only appears when the starter pieces have been erased. The only items in my plugins were the new NAM and SAM v3.

Hope this is somehow helpful...
CaptCity

Little later:

Seems to be better if the cross streets are built more than six tiles from the end...

...but still...