• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

io_bg's lots (last updated 29.12.)

Started by io_bg, September 03, 2009, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Hi everyone! I decided to start this thread because tag_one asked me to upload 2 plazas. But first I'd like to hear more opinions before uploading them. Please post suggestions, tips, requests (I can make other sizes if you want). So here are the plazas:

The first one is 4x4 and the second 6x2 tiles.
I also made a relot of Wang Chau, a bat made by Bixel.

And the last lot I'll show you is something like a "final" bus station, where buses turn around at the end of a bus line and then pick up passengers.

There's a big with the overlay textures where the grass meets the white pavement. Here's how it should like:

I've put people props on all lots, but unfortunately on most of the pictures they aren't showing up :(.
Please leave a comment after viewing this thread. I don't want to gain number of views or comments, I just want to hear your opinion before releasing them (especially the plazas).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

joelyboy911

They are very nice. Do you know the name and pack of the big trees in the plazas? Personally I'm not a huge fan of the bus stop. The apartment block is very nicely lotted, are the trees seasonal?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

io_bg

Yep, the trees are from C.P.'s newest prop pack. All trees in all lots are seasonal.

Fabian93

These are looking fabulous  &apls
I especially love the bus station you've made.  :thumbsup:
Once again, everything looks great and pretty real - you've got a lot of talent  ;)

Keep up the good work,
Fabian

joelyboy911

Ah yes, I already have them!

Seasonal trees really make a lot a bit special, and as more people make their lots with them, it will really improve one aspect of the game that had been missing.

Also, I think the thing with people props is that some of them are timed to appear at certain points in the day. Therefore, you may need to check that out.

I want to elaborate on why I don't like the bus stop: I think the grass growing over the concrete looks disorderly, where I like things to be tidy and have clean borders (this is just my opinion, I'm sure some people will like it - Fabian does. You already do, and that should be why you make lots, for yourself). Also, it is made for RHD, so the busses would look as though they were on the wrong side for me in my LHD game. I do like the fact that it is TE, and the shelters are nice.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

TheTeaCat

The Plaza's look excellent as does the relotting of the bat by bixel  &apls &apls

As for the bus "stop" it loooks great but...

IMO it seems too narrow for the articulated buses to turn around in. Articulated buses have quite a large turning circle and it seems to me they would have to a lot of difficulty in turning in such a narrow space. If the lot was twice as wide it would be better. It would also be better if the buses picked the passengers up on the way "out" rather than on the way "in".

This is some really good work  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

io_bg

Fabian93 - Thanks for the kind words :)
joelyboy911 - Yeah, I agree about the seasonal trees, that's why I've made all those lots with them. ;)
TheTeaCat - Thanks! I know that articulated buses turn with more difficulty, but I've seen really narrow places where they turn. I checked one on Google Earth and it looked wider than mine, so I think I'll make the lot a bit wider. It's intended that first passengers exit the bus (the side with the one blue bus), turn around and then pick up other passengers (the side with 3 buses). You've probably got confused because in England vehicles drive on the left, and this station is a "normal" one, where the vehicles drive on the right. I'm also going to make more variations of this lot with different sizes.
Again, thanks to all of you for commenting, here it's getting late so I gotta go to bed. Good night! (or day depending where you live :P)

jmyers2043

Hello I0_bg

The rectangular park is super.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

SimGoober

Nice lotting.

I am guessing you did not make the fountain in the first plaza? (since you are lotting not Batting).  Unfortunately (to me) the bushes on the plaza need work; they sort of stand out next to the other nice flora on the lot.  Other than that, it's a spendid job.  I like the rework of Bixels lot; you should do more of those...  ;)
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Leodido

nice work, I've kinda the opposite opinion than Simgoober on the bushes, I think they work quite nicely ;)
But the tree on the planters on 4x4 lot looks quite a bit odd, maybe you can correct it by elevating the tree a little bit more but it seems to be a LOD problem on the planter more likely?

Anyway great job.

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

io_bg

Good day, everyone, I'm back to show you some progress :) So, I edited the bus station a bit and removed the articulated buses (I think single ones should be able to make the turn)

And second, I made a new lot. It is intended to be placed on corners. I've added a small office to make things more realistic. Joelyboy didn't like the grassy one, that's why this one is paved.

It's transit enabled but unfortunately one of the streets doesn't line up well.

I almost forgot the replies ;D, here they are:
jmyers2043 - Thank you!
SimGoober - The fountain is made by NDEX (sorry, I don't remember what's its name and who is the creator). And yes, I think I'll make more relots :)
Leodido - Thanks, I agree about the trees on the planters, I'll have to change the planters with others.
So, guys, should I upload these plazas (of course after correcting the problem on the 4x4 one)? Should I make more with different sizes first?

joelyboy911

I like the new bus stop very, very much. Isn't there an effect prop that generates a static version of whatever bus mod you have installed? That could be a good way to have the busses. Actually, when I thought about it, the first bus stop could look nice in suburban/semi-rural medium wealth areas. 
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Leodido

Nice bus stop I like it also, great job :)

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

art128

I like your lot a lot ( $%Grinno$% ) Ioan, as I've already told you, excellent work !
The Wang Chau Relot looks quite nice, nice use of CP's new (awesome) trees, like on all your creation. The only critic I can have on it is that a little lake of bench, lights etc.. to make looking even more realistic.
The two plazas are quite nice, too. The general aspect is good, the use of lights, benches and more is nice. The fountain props well choose and the floras added great !
Now as for the new bus terminal, I think that buses will be on a lane, for example at top of it single blue buses, at bottom articulated yellow ones etc...

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

joelyboy911 - Thanks, yes, there is such a prop, if there's more demand I'll replace the buses with this prop.
Leodido - Thank you!
art128 - Thanks, my friend! But don't you mean "lack" instead of "lake"? If yes, I already did that but I wont post pics of the relot because this is just a minor change.
The main question remains - should I upload these plazas and should I make more with different sizes first? I'd also like to ask you something else - on the 6x2 plaza the bench props are by swi21. Should I replace them with CP's ones? I think downloading one dependency only for one prop should be avoided.
I have also changed the planters on the 4x4 plaza, here is how it looks like with the new ones (the pic is taken from LE)

MTT9

Wow! Excelent work io_bg! The new planters look pretty nice to me. I agree with you about the benches, downloading an extra dependencie just for one prop doesn't feel right to me.
I hope you can release this lots soon! I can't wait for them.
You can call me Matt

surrus-ginagi

hello io_bg,

I've sent you a mail, and obviously granted my consent. Btw, you shouldn't have asked, since according to the applicable law (Hungarian in case), this kind of a basic concept is not a subject of intellectual property rights. But this is not the point, I really appreciate your kindness  &scl().

Your plazas are great, but I think the 2x6 could use TE-ing, it would be perfect for downtown ped malls, and with two reverse-type 2x2 puzzle lots they could be built in any length (just like the way I'm using them  ;) ) and maybe Simgoober's fountain is a bit out of scale on this lot

io_bg

emmotic - Thanks! Yes, I'll release them as soon as possible!
surrus-ginagi - Well, I asked you because I almost stole them from you when I saw them in Show us your custom lots thread ;) I felt "guilty" and I asked you :P I like your idea for 2x2 lots, and I made some (5 actually). Click on the thumbnail for full resolution.

Of course, these can be used individually or can be plopped next to each other to form bigger plazas of any size. Please post suggestions or requests for more variations before I have uploaded them :D What is left to do is making icons for the 2x2 lots, modding them and writing a readme.

SimNation

I like those 2x2 plazas you have shown in your last post..also I know why your bus station street does not line up...look at the space you have between the 1st two that do line up properly with the street. The small plaza divider inbetween those two are bigger then the one between the 2nd bus lane and the 3rd one. You just need to make that plaza divider between bus lane 2(the middle) and 3( the one on far left) the same as you did the 1st bus lane and 2nd bus lane.

io_bg

SimNation - yeah, I know why it doesn't line up :P I'll correct that later.

I'd like to announce that Arthur (art128) and me founded a team named EBLT (European bat and lot team)!!!  %BUd% And this is going to be our first upload! Now I'm uploading it on the STEX, I'll give you a link when I'm done!
Edit: here's the link for them!