• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Quote from: Akallan on June 12, 2018, 01:15:03 PM
And this f****** viaduct one way
What's wrong about a fantastic viaduct one way? :D
Andreas

PaPa-J

Wow! Love how you placed your single track.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Gugu3

Seaman

@eggman: Hahaha... this is what I meant. I really love playing with the RRW. I mean, I still look frequently into the manual to get some ideas (or the precise pattern for the different FAR), but today I once again "discovered" something for the first time! Despite beeing a logical version of the lower one (by extending the branching part through), I haven't had a clue it was in the game. But this made the surpise better and I enjoyed the feeling of finding an easteregg (I know it isn't one, but please let me feel that way ;))

eggman121

Seaman!

Congratulations. You found the A2 Extended Dual.

There is a nifty addition I am making for that piece.

You will see it in NAM 37 if you are adventurous enough.

I consider it an easter (Or summer solstice) egg where you are. Currently winter here in Australia.

Enjoy  ;)

-eggman121

Andreas

They actually sell colorful "Soccer eggs" in the stores here now, talk about commercializing the world... I fear the next NAM will be more of a "Christmas egg", considering the amount of work that needs to be done for all those lovely new things, but it's more than worth the wait. :)
Andreas

huzman

Those are cool parts of the FAR thing.
I tried them for a while, like them, and got a bit frustrated trying to link them the MAXIS RR.
I like to get my hands on the manual that Seaman mentioned.

BTW, something doesn't fit here: The spread of the tracks seems a little wide to me. &Thk/(
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

eggman121

The spread of the tracks are intentional due the geometry. It is really a condensed version of a ladder turnout. Unfortunately in both RL and SC4 the tracks have to align perfectly even if a bit more space is taken.

-eggman121

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

huzman

eggman121: After posting my remark, I came with the same strange wide spread of the gauge, so it seems like it's a common a  thing.

BTW, Have you peeked the "feature-guide\realrailway" in the NAM auxiliary Files? Has anybody used it? It's a gold mine! But I can't reproduce anything... :(
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

carlfatal

This is simply mindblowing, what you are doing with the tracks! Thanks for all this outstanding work!  &apls &apls &apls

Seaman

@huzman:
There is already a pretty good documentation for the RRW. You can find it in the NAM documentation folder on your computer, and thanks to the new online documentation also here.
You will find there all the drag patterns you need, with lots of pictures and descriptions. I don't know exactly what eggman is working on, but I assume it will be more something like an update of the documentary and maybe a new table or two to have a more condensed overview of the RRW. Basically all patterns are already in the documentation.
My example I mentioned above may not be explicitly mentioned there, but it fits to a certain logic behind the patterns, which you'll get from the documentation.

eggman121

Hi huzman, carlfatal and Seaman.

I will answer a few questions.

For NAM 37 I am working on a flexpiece version of the Flextrack pieces. That will mean that the pieces can be plopped down like the flexramps for the RHW.

I am also working on some other content but for the RRW in this release but this will be the centrepiece.

I did do some ERRW documentation regarding crossings. Really the best remedy is to make things easier to use.

-eggman121

huzman

eggman121: Thanks for the explanations, but as i am trying to move up from the plain vanilla, I don't know yet what pieces fit where.
Seaman: Yes, Thanks. I found many docs, including the "features" on I quoted and thanks again for the link for the on line help.
EDIT: Oh yeah... I did find that one; it has me baffled! I don't know how or WHAT pieces to place. I can't find that little track which is about half a tile big. Out of a good 25 tries, I got one or two right. And to boot, Most of the "Auxiliary Files" and the links of the "Feature Guide" are dead.

Most frustrating, to be polite.
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

eggman121

Hello Everyone.

Most people like a Sequel :D

https://www.youtube.com/v/g4fQmlsczvg

@huzman

Sorry to hear you are having issues still with the placement of Pieces. I am working hard to fix that issue. The Documentation for the RRW can be found Here for the RRW section if that is help for the moment.

I hope to get this content out in the not too distant future. Hopefully there will be some comments on the new "Slope" adjustments I have been doing?

Enjoy  ()flower()

-eggman121

Great stuff,cant wait for the release,thanks you guys for all your hard work on all these interesting and usable content you are all creating. :) :)

Tyberius06

Wow!

The new tunnel is gorgeous! And the new flex pieces will be quite useful too! One of the things what I love in RRW how slope tolerant it is.

Thanks for the video, and to making these new stuffs!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

huzman

eggman121: One quick and fast comment: That. Is. A. Great. Tutorial.
Thanks.
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

PaPa-J

Really nice tutorial.  I have booked marked this thread for easier reference.  Thanks a ton for doing this.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

eggman121

Long time... No post  ::)

Here is what I have just completed...

Various Size Curves

Or a Large radius Curve!

Why not cross the curve with some road :D

This is all based on the FlexPiece project that encompasses the FlexFARR stuff.

Only 3 new pieces have been added. These include FARR 6 for the first time. Only possible with Flex technology.

Only the FARR turnouts to do than I have completed the Flexpiece project for the RRW for NAM #37

-eggman121