• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Travis' UCC mod shop

Started by Travis, August 02, 2007, 11:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krio

Excellent work young one  &apls

Patience..that's the secret how grasshopper becomes a sensei  $%#Ninj2

- Grasshopper

Chrisadams3997

ooh, an update.  Really great job with the paths and other textures.  Just can't get over how well the CP textures work with the fields, I don't think I could have planned it better(and trust me I didn't).  Somethings are just meant to be ;D.  My favorite is the middle one with the lighter coolered dirt paths.

Excellent work on these.

Chris

Pat

travis this is simply wonderful update on these fields wow..... great job my friend - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat Riot

concession stand looks pretty good. Little bright roof, but pretty good. After looking at these i think i have a pretty good idea of what you want for the bleachers, Ill start them after posting some century old pictures in my bat thread. Lots are spectacular I love the crimson checkerboard one.

edit: three straight "pretty good"'s. someone call guiness.

FrankU

I like the lots very much indeed.
One question though: if you are planning a large amount of these, there will be a lot of Lots in the park menu, I guess. And everyones' park menu is already full of lots. Is it maybe possible to make the fields into families and some props also, so that we can plop down one lot that changes every plop? Random sportsfields? Or is this not possible or unwanted?

You could also consider to put them in the health menu. Probably one of the menus that is not yet stuffed with plugins.

sc4luv2

I like the lots, especially the BBQ Party  :thumbsup:  :P
[

SimNation

If you dont make these into a lot family so that they change with every one you plop ill gladely make up some mmls for these babies both the American Football ones and the Soccer ones. I just released a big mml pack and have gotten quite efficent at doing it..would only take me like 5-10minutes and another  5minutes to test them.

Travis

Hi folks.  :)

Unfortunately, I can't release the football lots yet- I need to wait for Chris to release his prop pack, and he is tied up with RLS at the moment.
Never fear, for I always have something else in the pipeline.  ;)

A small, suburban Post Office. Never mind the two buildings above it, those are Krio's lots I'm working on. The parking lots just happen to match.

It's near complete. It spawns postal vehicles, located in the rewards menu, (non-conditional) and has a custom icon. Just some tweaks and it's ready to go.  :thumbsup:

PS: There are cars in the parking lot. They just always seem to dissapear when I go to take a picture.  :P

Pat Riot

jayo

Nice work travis-Glad to see you making use of cycledoggs exellent props-Also-Are they mikeseith cars in the parking lot-I reccomend cycledog cars-There much more detailed  ;)

Also,is there going to be a fence at the end of the lot???
I'm back

Travis

True, CP's cars are more detailed- but they're static. These cars come and go depending on the time of day. Those white trucks, btw- are american
mail trucks.

About the fence, probably not. I want the parking to be able to fit with other lots, to make modular shopping centers and strip malls. (Like in
the picture)

jayo

Ah,but you could make a different version  :)
I'm back

Pat Riot

btw....about the football feilds. A) could you send them to me for "Testing"  :P cause i really really really want to have them before i start my new region, and B) should we try and cut back on the dependencies? since there are 5+ lots, i think 6-8 dependencies is good.

Travis

QuoteAh,but you could make a different version.
Hmm, didn't think about that before. Could do a urban 1x2 version.  ;)

Quotebtw....about the football feilds. A) could you send them to me for "Testing"   cause i really really really want to have them before i start my new region,
Alright- take a few days though. I ran into some technical problems with 1-2 lots a ways back that I haven't sorted out yet.

QuoteB) should we try and cut back on the dependencies? since there are 5+ lots, i think 6-8 dependencies is good.
Heh, 5+ lots. It's a little closer to twenty right now, albeit only about 13 or 14 are finished now.

I've been keeping close track of the dependencies, and 8 is the number. Shouldn't be that bad for 20 lots. I'll still ought to think twice before uploading that one to the STEX though.  :D  ::)

Pat Riot

lol...20 lots??! wow. 8 dependencies for 20 lots...quite  a bargin.

dogfight

Hello Travis.
I like the post office, I also like Krio's buildings as well. They blend in very well together. I would like to suggest you make the lovely football field a little...less lovely ;). In otherwords the grass looks IMO too perfect. I would suggest to dirty it up a little. The choice is your of coarse. It looks great whatever you decide to to do:thumbsup:

Pat

WoW Travis that post office is looking real good!!  hmmm only 8 Dependencies for 20 lots hmmm I think that is one heck of a bargain if you ask me......  Cant wait to see what else you come up with - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Travis

@dogfight, Don't worry- there are plenty "low-wealth" lots made, they just haven't been shown yet. Like this one...

Meanwhile...

Just need to fix the query window, then it's ready for testing.  :)

Starmanw402007

I like the post office idea. I'll use them when they get completed.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cites Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Travis

The post office is done, and is off to initial testing tomorrow.  :)

Meanwhile, I figured I'd give you all an overview of all the football fields I've done so far. Keep in mind that there are numerous corrections still left
to be made. They are by no means finished.  :P

Also, there are 3-4 lots still planned as well, in addition to the 17 pictured.  ;)