• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lorraine project

Started by Sciurus, March 10, 2011, 09:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

History

It was the 10th March 2011. I was looking for inspiration for my city's suburbs in the topic "Show us your... suburbs!". So many pics of so many different houses and suburbs: american ones, european ones, asiatic ones, etc. And I particullary looked after the american ones; I saw indeed little wooded houses, typical from USA, North America generally. Then, as I was building a european city, I wondered: "Guillaume, why don't you do the same with french houses?". And this afternoon of this day, I did a little house, which comes from the Parisian suburb. That's how this project was born.
But to do suburbs, you must first make a city-center. And there, I had a second idea: doing some mid-rise buildings for little european centers. I'm searching about some ones, because I didn't begin this part of the project. But I've got some ideas where to search... particullary in Longwy. Most of theses buildings were built during the reconstruction of France in the 50's. Some other buildings date from the 30's, because in this time, the steel industries were developped in my region, and many immigrants from foreign countries (I particullary think about Italy or Poland) came in Longwy to find work.

This was the little story of the "French City Project"

Longwy Buildings

These buildings are from Longwy and its "suburbs" (if we can call this like that! :D ), the cities around this center. Longwy has a very rich history: first and important garrison town with the forticfications of Vauban, commanded by Louis XIV to protect the french territory, then an important industrial town, with its big steel industries. That's why most of the buildings from my region are grey, or very dark, because of the industries orange dust, which covered the fronts and the roofs of the buildings. Why so painting these ones in white? And as it's very cold in winter, dark colours are better to get warm.
These buildings I make can have colours too; nowadays, many many buildings are renovated by little painting companies. The city encourage to renovate these old buildings to make the city more attractive and more touristic.

List of buildings

• [size=78%]Immeuble ouvrier[/size]
  • [size=78%]Le Longovicien (Coming soon)[/size]
  • [size=78%]2-4, rue des Vosges (Coming soon)[/size]
  • [size=78%]Garage Moderne (Coming soon)[/size]
  • [size=78%]41, rue du Tivoli (Coming soon)[/size]
  • [size=78%]4, rue du Moulin (Coming soon)[/size]
  • [size=78%]Maison de Lexy (Coming soon)[/size]
  • [size=78%]Maison de St-Charles (Coming soon)[/size]
  • [size=78%]Mersen Gorcy (Coming soon)[/size]
[size=78%]Guillaume :thumbsup: [/size]
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

iskrem

Hi Sciurus,
Great project :)
First model looks very good, a sure download for me.
Looking forward to see more ::)

Iskrem

Girafe

Really goof job guillaume  &apls &apls &apls
we absolutely need more of the sweety houses   :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

seraf

peter007

Going to follow this project, it's very interesting  &apls

Aaron Graham

Looks great, I love the little houses. :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Sciurus

Thanks all for your support and your comments! &hlp
Here's the second house for my project (I hope make around ten like this...)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture

Girafe

Amazing job guillaume  &apls &apls &apls

the only detail I can find is the color of the windows, too blue try something more transparent  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

peter007

Gorgeous suburbs. Great textures.

Badsim

Beautiful work Guillaume !  &apls

Love these generic ( don't look too stereotyped from a particular french country ... ) houses . I hope that when I'll be back , a whole set of such houses will be ready !  ;D

Good luck to rebuilt the T.S.C. team my friend .  :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

io_bg

These look great, can't wait to see what else you've in store for us!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

rsoxpatriot

Absolutely amazing, keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:

Silur

seraf

Second house is beautiful and I like it more than the first, especially for the rear side  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Really thank you all, and Badsim, you know I'm waiting for a beta tester? ::) $%Grinno$%
Here's the third house of the pack... if you find something to add, say it me ;)

L'atelier d'architecture

Girafe

Really good job

this pack is going awesome  &apls &apls
The Floraler

Simcitler

The houses look good so far.  :thumbsup: I will definitely use those when ready.
Do you plan to do different color versions of those houses?

peter007

Sciurus

After the little houses, let's go to the city center! Before, in almost every french city, there was a garage for cars. There were very useful, because they repaired all, etc. So this little BAT is a garage which is situated 3, rue St-Louis in Longwy.

I think it has built during the 20's or 30's, because of its architectural style.
What do you think about this BAT? The next BAT is little café, situated in the city next to Longwy, Herserange (55, rue de Paris).

L'atelier d'architecture