• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urban

Great work, I love this marina
happy new year :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

bat

Your Sea Dog is excellent! Beautiful work there!

Happy New Year! ;)

dsrwhat316

Tutorial Alert!

I forgot to mention this when I update a couple days ago; I finally got around to making another tutorial! You can find it by clicking here or the link in my signature. It deals with how to have props appear on resized lots. I have to give a huge thanks to Paul (squidi) for discovering this great new technique.

Teaser

Now it's time for a teaser!

The piers are slowly, but surely, being completed. Here's a few shots of how they were made in the LE:

The master plan is coming together! Don't forget that this will be a harbor and a port. Expect to see shipping docks in the future, as well as less-desirable neighborhoods. Okay, back to the salt mines now...()testing()

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

sithlrd98

As usual , great LE work...never would have thought about using one of the embassy's in that manner...hm.....

Jayson

Simpson

Wow fine work on the LE, my friend, as well  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

paroch

Hi Dan,

great work on your waterfront there.  Francis Harbour is looking real sweet.  I can only imagine how many hours you spent in the salt mine creating them all.

The teasers you're providing us with are also very interesting.  You can see the work that goes inot them, so I am very impressed.

Paul

art128

Dan,
This is an awesome work here my friend, this waterfront looks great !

Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Nice teaser! The piers are looking great! Wonderful work on them!
And nice tutorial! ;)

Nexis4Jersey

dsrwhat316

Teaser
Okay, I promise this is the last teaser before the next update  ::). I'm trying an experiment with different types of foundation walls, and here's my first results:

I'm having a hard time judging if this fits in with the harbor or not. Let me know your opinions!

~ Dan

bat

That's looking really nice! Nice area there at your wonderful harbor! The plazas are wonderful, too!!! Great work on that new teaser! And looking forward to more... ;)

CraigKingOfIreland

Everything looks fantastic, I don't think there's anything to criticize  :D

dsrwhat316

thundercrack83: Glad to hear I can still impress! Thanks, Dustin, and I hope you had a happy New Year's as well!
urban: Thank you very much, my friend!
warconstruct: I'm happy to hear you like my LE work!
bat: Happy new year, my friend, and thanks for your support!
sithlrd98: I actually got the idea from Antigone, so I can't take full credit on that one  ::). Thanks, Jayson!
Simpson: Thank you, David!
paroch: Actually, it's more like days than hours  :P. I had a feeling you'd appreciate the technical shots, as you like to use them yourself in your MD. Thanks for commenting, Paul!
art128: Thanks for the awesome comment, Arthur!
bat: Glad you liked the teaser and my tutorial, my friend!
Nexis: Thanks for commenting in my MD, hope to see you back!
bat: I'm glad to hear that I have you excited for the update; thanks!
CraigKingOfIreland: Thanks for the nice compliment, my friend!

Update 14- Blue Eyes
It's time for the first official update of 2009! Endless hours days went into making this update possible, so I hope you enjoy it!

~ Dan

alan_vzla

Those waterfront creations of you are very impressive. The textures look good together, Tough on the second pic the rock of the terrain shows up a little... Anyway a very good update!

paroch

Fantastic work here Dan.  It may have taken you days to create and the level of quality shines through.  I particularly like those Waterfront Condos, they really work there brilliantly.  Good luck with whatever is next!

Paul

bat

That's an excellent waterfront there! Superb work there!
Looking forward to more from this fantastic area!

Simpson

Wow  :o my friend, this is super. Excelent work in the LE  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

dsrwhat316

Tech Shots

A little something different in place of a teaser today. After reading Paul's (paroch's) comment, and knowing how much he likes tech shots, I figured I'd throw some in. This is from the first mosaic in the previous update:

The building used is Simfox's P44t Midrise Corner. Using the Plugins Manager, I turned the building into a prop and created a new lot for it to fit in the area, like a jigsaw puzzle. Here's the next piece:

We need parking for those condos, don't we? This lot is network enabled, not transit enabled, so that the pathfinding doesn't get screwed up. A quick visit to the SC4 Tool (an invaluable asset) makes the process a snap. Just transit enable as normal, then using the exemplar editor, delete the three transit exemplars found at the bottom of the list from the building portion of the file.

Save and you've just network enabled your lot! Now onto the final piece of the puzzle:

Now you might think that this piece is transit or network enabled, but it isn't. The lot originally started out as a 1x1 lot using the southeast corner of the 2x2 lot shown above.
I direct you to a couple of my tutorials: How to Texture NAM Curves and Adding Props to Resized Lots.
Using these methods, you can visually extend the lot over a road (or whatever transit network you choose) and add various props afterward to give your transportation networks a special touch.

Did I lose some of you? If you have any questions or need help with anything pertaining to this post, feel free to PM me. My door is always open. Now get out there, experiment, and have fun!

~ Dan

Nexis4Jersey

Nice LE :) , adds more realism to the game, are you going to release the lots in the future ()what()