• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Endless forests

Started by SchlauFuchs, November 15, 2012, 11:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SchlauFuchs

Hi,

It is quite time consuming to create forests on large regions - do we have an automatic "afforestation" tool? If not, do we have a city file format description to write it myself?

Cheers,
Kai

whatevermind

Oh, I wish we had such a tool! But no, there's no way to just magically forest an entire region. The closest you can get is using a really big flora brush to God Mode plant trees on the entire city tile without having to move the brush around. However, this plants so many trees over such a large area at once that it slows your computer down and can take a few minutes (even on a newer computer) to cover a large city. But, it's still faster than trying to cover an entire region with just the game defaults.

As for a large flora brush - c.p.'s Italia and Meadowshire terrain mods have such a brush - see their readmes. Or you could make your own, it's not hard to do (requires Reader and some basic knowledge of how to use it).

As for the file format spec - we know what file it is, and you can view it with SC4 Savegame Explorer, but it's not currently possible to edit it that way, so you're still left with simply planting trees in game.

SchlauFuchs

Hi,

I was researching a bit deeper and found the description, and the problem with the checksums seems to be a real show stopper. I think we need to hire a hacker for that.  :P
Do we at least know where the checksum is stored?