• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RFP for rwh interchange

Started by six9nc, September 16, 2011, 09:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

six9nc

I need help on how to do an interchange and since I am going to do a CJ I thought this would start it off officially.The City of Carteret Roads is sending out an RFP for an interchange linking the cross-port expressway and the I-18.  The interchange must be compact enough to fit on the end of Teachy spit which the stubs will lead to 2 each tunnel crossings.  One tunnel crossing will go under the Saxapaw river and the other will go under the entrance to the Midlands-Habsburgh ship canal.  There must be enough side clearance for port facilities leading to the interchange near the cross-port expressway.  Full direction exits is a must so the goods and commuters can traverse both tunnel crossings.  The winning interchange will be displayed in the Carteret Roads city journal and all credit will be given upon completion of the cross-port expressway and the I-18. 

I decided to do this like this because I needed ideas on how to do this and thought it would be fun to see the experts ideas on how I should link the sides of the proposed city.  As you can see it wont be easy(to me anyways thats why I am asking help).  Oh yeah of course an all RHW interchange is preferrable but not a deal breaker.

Note:  In the pic all the yellow lines intersect however the CrP expressway curves on to Teachy spit and merges with the 18.  The interchange will facilitate the CrP continuing under the canal and going over to the Old port/Industrial areas.  The 18 runs verticle and the CrPe runs horizontal in the pic

"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

GMT

some more specific information would be helpful to solve your problem:

• what network do you have in mind? RHW 4 6 8  or 10? (the probable solutions depend on just that question)
  • what specific area we are talking about? I'm not talking bout the location, but the size available (a closeup picture with grid activated would be very helpful

... really, it is. I swear.

MandelSoft

A few questions:
- What is a RFP exactly? Never heard of it.
- How big is the area?
- What widths of RHW is prefered.
- Can we alter the basic layout. This is not the most practical area to build a freeway. I would move the whole interchange to the North...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

joshua43214

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 16, 2011, 10:19:57 AM
A few questions:
- What is a RFP exactly? Never heard of it.
- How big is the area?
- What widths of RHW is prefered.
- Can we alter the basic layout. This is not the most practical area to build a freeway. I would move the whole interchange to the North...
^^QFT

As stated, this is not freeway country, and trying to fit RHW in will be a mess.

It would be really helpful to know where there are potential neighbor connections as well.

My inclination would be to use NWM instead of RHW. This looks to be an industrial/waterfront tile - so the goal is to make large collectors that can transport goods out and workers in. Unless you plan to have skyscrappers, you should not have massive road usage.

I would use whatever size NWM looked good since anything bigger than a one tile wide avenue should have enough capacity - I am thinking the OWR - 4 or 6 would look good, or maybe one of the bigger MAVE's. Do on-grade intersections, maybe add some slipe lanes for better flow and looks. You will also get more seamless tunnel transitions with NWM.

I also would be inclined to move the highway north and let your NWM set-up act as a big feeder for it, this way the RHW portion become in effect a bypass - which is realistic for industrial areas.

I would also sort out the rail first -rail is really important for this type of area.

Sorry if you meant this to be a com or res tile. The waterfront area is not what I normaly think of as res or com

Wiimeiser

The I-18 should be RHW-4 with a median and the port expressway should be a TLA-5 except for the bridge (I say TLA because it will allow turning onto opposite sides of the road). The interchange should be a double parclo. See this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

six9nc

RFP is reques tfor proposal  basically getting ideas on how to do something.  Thanks for the  suggestions.  I did elevate the expressway and enlarged the spit area to accomodate an interchange.  I will show what I came up with using some suggestions from the replies. 
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

Phlogiston

I would like to help you, I think that interchange is possible, but could you post the area with dimensions? :D