• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The region of Pirgos is back! | Update 82 [28 November]

Started by io_bg, August 30, 2009, 10:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Great update Ioan!  &apls &apls  The selection of bats is perfect and I love the layout of the streets and trams. The park in the last (night) picture looks great.

I'd also add that the pictures seem to load a bit slower. And if you find an image upload site that works great for you be sure to let me know!

io_bg

Replies

art128 - Thanks my friend! In the first half of the 20th century they used large-plate cameras which, combined with low film speeds (equivalent to today's ISO 10) resulted in photos with slow shutter speed which resulted in blurry vehicles and pedestrians. So I thought this would make things a bit more realistic ;)
carlfatal - Thank you Carl!
Dantes - Thanks Dantes!
Kergelen - Thanks! I uploaded those pics in Imageshack and updated their links so I hope they load faster now.
nbvc - Thank you! I made that effect by selecting the the cars in Photoshop and applying the Motion Blur filter. I chose a higher value (50px IIRC) and then brightened the selection to make it look like car light trails. Seems I'll have to try harder next time :D
noahclem - Thanks Noah! It took me some time to plop and grow them ;D As I already mentioned, I re-uploaded the pics in Imageshack as it seems to be faster than the site I previously used.

Update 81 - The Gloomy Side Of Wilshire

A while ago I made a commie depressing update, now it's time for an American one :D
Such flats were built in the last few years to meet the increasing demands for cheap apartments.

Wilshire has polluted air thanks to all these factories.

The crossing of Hunter and Mateo streets

One of the bridges crossing the LA river

Rail yards located along the river

Just another tram stop along 7th St.

And a tram depot next to the end of the line

Another rail yard

That's all for now, I hope you like it :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

RickD

Fantastic pictures. The reduced colors give it a fascinating vintage feeling.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

SeanSC4

jmyers2043

Hello IO

Quote from: io_bg on February 06, 2012, 04:11:37 AM
That's all for now, I hope you like it :)

Wow, that is a great looking power plant!! I'm going to jump into the lot editor as soon as I get done with this reply.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

art128

Excellent update, Ioan! I really liked this industrial area. Maybe because i'm a fan of depressing things but it looked rather nice. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

TiFlo

The last updates are fantastic! I love the overall gritty mood of that city. It could almost be a clean looking Detroit.

rooker1

OH WOW!!
Love the dirty city and all those rail lines.  I can really tell that it took a long time to put this area together. 
I hope we get to see a lot more.

That update deserves a K-Point. ;)
Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

nbvc

Great industrial area. I also was thinking how to make industries with single rail tracks. Your solution looks good. &apls

carlfatal

Oh i love these railyards: perfect, quite perfect! Best detail are the old no more used switch on pic 81,5 and also the grass between and on the rails...  &apls &apls &apls
Really fantastic also the industrial area with the spur lines and the tram depot. I can´t stop looking...  :)
Yes, i like it dirty, and here i get a feeling as i would dive back into the fifties. Wonderful!  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

Girafe

Fantastic update  &apls &apls

really well deserved point, entire lotted industrial zone, I have rarely seen this before,

keep going on this way  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

apeguy

Excellent update, I always love seeing gritty industrial areas, a well deserved K-point. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

threestooges

I love it Ioan; right down to the seeming reference to the Red Car streetcars. The tunnel/rail crossing in 81.2 has an excellently grimy feel to it that just lends itself to imagining the clouds of smog hanging over it, dampening the sun. As for the bridge crossing the LA river, I think you went with too much grass on the banks and not enough graffiti. Overall though, nicely done.
-Matt

Dantes

A great industrial area. :o  I like the dirty atmosphere.  :thumbsup: If you are working properly and goods produced. I am very impressed with the feeling of heavy industry.  &apls

Fantastic work!  :thumbsup:

Kergelen

:o Fantastic industrial area!
I like the mosaic 81.2 with the tunnel rail and the rise tram-on-grass and avenue.
Also great is the tram-depot picture with the chimney in the middle.
&apls

Links to SC4 websites

Ol.S / Benoit

Great work with the colors, perfect atmosphere for an industrial area ! :)  :thumbsup:
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Swordmaster

I heartily approve of all the rail stuff on there - very realistic and all. Railways move the world!

Cheers,
Willy

Battlecat

Those look great, looking forward to the next update! 

noahclem

Awesome teaser Ioan  &apls

I just love your last update  :o  You did an especially great job with all the rails and provide a great feel of a dirty industrial area--just perfect really! Is that a functional Avenue-to-subway transition in 81.9?

Look forward to what's next  :thumbsup: