• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railroad crossings and other traffic props

Started by jondor, May 31, 2011, 02:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Quote from: SiameseKitty on June 10, 2012, 06:41:56 PM
Out of curriosity how did you make them, like what program did you use? :thumbsup:
The stoplights were created using 3D Studio Max, exported to .3DS files, so I could import them in the iLive's Reader to make them useable in-game. The posts were created using the BAT for gMax. The placement (T21-exemplar files) were modified with a combination of the Reader and Jondor's yet unreleased T21 Editor (this program is not necessary to edit T21s, but sure it saves a lot of time).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

SiameseKitty

MandelSoft

One of the types of files SimCity 4 is working with. But I think you should read some tutorials to find more about them, because there are a lot of subtypes within this category. I can't explain it in 1-2-3...

MR.Y

Nice job, maarten, nice job...

a question, would it be possible to change the switch of the lights to the real german way:
http://blog.familienalbum.net/uploads/magdeburg/20070114_ddr_ameplschaltung.jpg
(combined green and yellow won't found, the yothor failed).

Oh, and where I see your ava:
1:2   ()stsfd()

MandelSoft

I've tried, but alas, it didn't have any effect. Too bad, because you'll also see this sequence in Scandinavia, the UK, Luxembourg and France.

jdenm8

You won't see the Red/Yellow and Yellow/Green phases because SC4 is designed for American Three-State signals. The game cannot call the extra phases and will just cycle between the first three animation frames of the prop.

If you put those phases into a prop, the game will use the Red as Red, the Red/Yellow as the Green and the Green as the Yellow.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

Quote from: jdenm8 on June 15, 2012, 01:20:04 AM
If you put those phases into a prop, the game will use the Red as Red, the Red/Yellow as the Green and the Green as the Yellow.
Well, while I to techincally have four phases build in into my models (green; yellow; red; red-yellow), only the first three show up. It has indeed to do with the design of SimCity 4, and that means it's most probably hard-coded.

MandelSoft

Sorry for the double post, but today I've uploaded version 0.7 of my stoplight mod. The following updates have been made:

- More T21 bugfixing
- Finished LHD support and the Scandinavian T21 set.
- Completed the Swedish style post set (thanks to riiga for the modeling job)
- Added a proper ReadMe.

You can download it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24507921/zzz_MRTNRLN_Stoplight_Replacement_Mod.zip

It's nearly finished now. What remains is a long testing period to see if there are bugs that need to be fixed. In the mean time, happy testing!

ivo_su

Only I know have this problem with the boxes? I installed everything and had a folder with only the models left
Stoplights_SignalModels_Scandinavia_Large
On the other folders just let what I had - StoplightPosts_Sweden with everything inside it. As European_Scandinavia_RHD with the entire contents inside the folder.

MandelSoft

That's odd. Try one of the other styles and see if that works. It looks you're missing the tall posts.

EDIT: Fixed it. The tall posts were indeed missing. Update uploaded at the usual location.

citymax

Great job Maarten  &apls ! Would be possible to make traffic signals like french style ? I.e with  the post on right side only.

Maxime.

MandelSoft

I'll see what I can do. I might add one or two post styles before the actual release ;)

citymax

ivo_su

Maarten Well, I managed to solve this problemas boxes after changing the name of the folder in which your mod. Now let me report what I saw at first viewing. There is little discrepancy between the junction of MAVE-6 (ROAD-6) / AVE-6. Lack of traffic lights system of avenues, and the MAVE-6 has a slight error in the pole itself.

Another which is unpleasant, but can hardly be correct to have a one-way traffic lights. As far as I know this is delayed far into the future and the way is under the auspices of TuLEPs to include such one-way intersections with traffic lights. It is simply inconceivable when 3/4 or 5 bands intersect any major crossing points can not stop them.
Anyway, thank you for your attention and what you do for us.

MandelSoft

I've uploaded version 0.7.1. This one containts quite some bugfixes, as well as two new post sets: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24507921/SimCity%204%20Stuff/zzz_MRTNRLN_Stoplight_Replacement_Mod.zip

The two new post sets:
Germany (ironically enough, based upon Citymax's Paris stoplight models):

France (ibased upon Citymax's french stoplight models):

I've added Citymax to the credits in the readme. I hope you don't mind I used your gMax models ;)

Best,
Maarten

EDIT: Updated to v0.7.2. This version contains besides some bugfixes also another new post set: Maxisesque:

MR.Y

Only one small mistake in the german set (wich I found out):

citymax

Excellent Maarten  &apls! I'm glad to see you use my models !

EDIT: Is there any solution to make and parameter t21 more quickly than basic tutorial ? Thanks  :)

MandelSoft

Mr. Y: Aknowledged and fixed on my end. I'll upload the fix later today along with other minor bugfixes.
Citymax: Well, I use Jondor's T21 Tool, which is still not available to the public. Though it doesn't allow you copy-pasting whole T21s, it does allow you a visual reference, so you see what you're doing. I still have no idea when he's going to release it, but I tested and used the tool quite a lot and honestly, I'm very satisfied about it ;)

Here's an example screenshot of the tool:

Best,
Maarten

citymax

Thanks Maarten for this details  ;). I hope this program will be available soon  ;D

MandelSoft

I have some news for you: the mod has been released on the STEX, containing all bugfixes reported here. You can get v1.0 here:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27739-stoplight-replacement-mod-srm/

Best,
Maarten