• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Santa Barbara County - Update: The End.

Started by RickD, March 12, 2010, 07:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

One of your best updates ever. A shame it's the last one though. :( :(

Still, I look forward to your new MD, I'm sure it'll be just as good, if not better than Santa Barbara County. And I also wonder where you got the name Empire Bay, are you a Mafia II fan by any chance? ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

MTT9

Why?! :'( It was a great journey and i'll look foward to your next MD.

Matt
You can call me Matt

Utvaw

Nice end to a fantastic MD.  And it's hard to be sad because you are coming back better than ever.  Looking forward to your new MD and the future gems that await.

threestooges

Rick, while I'm sorry to see it come to a close, this was a great finish for a great MD. I wish I could've seen the university built, but I have a feeling there will be one in the cards in the future. It was neat to see the interpretation and the re-imagination of an area I've lived in.

You scared me for a bit though. When I read "the end" in the topic title, I thought you were hanging things up for good. I'mglad to see you'll be continuing on, and even starting fresh with Empire Bay. I'll be sure to be there from update one to keep an eye on how things develop from there. Best of luck on the new one and thanks for the ride here.
-Matt

Tarkus

Raphael, I think this last update epitomizes the phrase "going out on top". :thumbsup:  Santa Barbara County has been a pleasure to read and look at--I've always enjoyed what you've done with transit networks and these redevelopment updates have proven quite interesting as well.  While I'm sad to see it's over, I'm thrilled that you're sticking with the MDing, as you definitely have a knack for it. 

I'll definitely be on the lookout for your new effort when you get it up and running, and I very much look forward to it!

-Alex

nbvc

I like the city with the marina and the rural landscapes are also great. &apls

dedgren

Great stuff, Raphael, right up until the very end.  Pics like 49.17 are what I had in mind when the first wide curve roads were on the drawing board.  I am sure Empire Bay will be a hit from day one!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Terring7

Every end is a new beginning. I'm not sad about ending of Santa Barbara, because I know that something new and cool is coming soon. Can't wait for it :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Kergelen

I was always interested in your MD and has been a pleasure to look at. . I've always loved the use you make of RHW and the images of the region. A region very realistic and consistent. &apls &apls
When I started reading I thought that you lost your interest in sc4, but luckily begin another MD where we'll sure see good pictures as in Santa Barbara County.  :)

Links to SC4 websites

TiFlo

Yours was on my fav list of MDs. That last update was great, with shots of regions I had misses. I'm looking forward to seeing was you'll be coming up with for Empire Bay. Thank you!

&apls

noahclem

This has been a tremendous MD Raphael, and I'm sad to see it go. This last update was particularly spectacular, revealing areas I was unaware of and a zoomed-out photo style I really enjoy. I'm glad to hear you'll be continuing with a new MD soon and hope you bring all the great transportation elements, well thought out building styles, and general flare that has made Santa Barbara County so deservedly popular. Thanks and good luck  :thumbsup:

turtle

Sorry to see this MD coming to an end. It has been a favorite of mine! The final region view is absolutely great!

I'll be sure to follow your next work.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the new one  &apls

My name is Thomas...

Battlecat

Congratulations on an excellent finish to a fine MD!   &apls &apls

While I'm sorry to see this one ending, I'm looking forward to your next project! 

Nexis4Jersey

Wow its sad to see this MD end , Ive always enjoyed your work , hopefully your next MD will be just as great... :)

Framly

WHAT! You finished &mmm...But i look forward to you next project!  ;)

Keep on your great work :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

RickD

I don't want to leave your last comments unanswered. So this is my final reply here. My new MD Empire Bay is now online in the Recently Published Section.

Quote from: marsh on January 29, 2012, 03:38:12 PM
That region view is absolutely stunning. Even though this is you last update (?) It's awesome to see some of these never-before-seen areas. Like the rural country across the mountain range.

I'm sure this next cj will be great. I'm very interested in seeing how you plan on making it. I've been a follower of Santa Babara for quite some time. Empire city will certainly be a great new start.

,marsh
Thanks, marsh. This is a great compliment coming from you.

Quote from: apeguy on January 29, 2012, 03:47:09 PM
One of your best updates ever. A shame it's the last one though. :( :(

Still, I look forward to your new MD, I'm sure it'll be just as good, if not better than Santa Barbara County. And I also wonder where you got the name Empire Bay, are you a Mafia II fan by any chance? ;D
Yes, I am. ;) I know that Mafia II was not extremely well judged by game critics but it I liked it even better than GTA which is way too "open world" for me. Mafia II is one of my Top 10 video games ever.

Quote from: emmotic on January 29, 2012, 06:33:38 PM
Why?! :'( It was a great journey and i'll look foward to your next MD.

Matt
Hi Matt, hope to see you in my new MD soon.

Quote from: Utvaw on January 29, 2012, 06:39:27 PM
Nice end to a fantastic MD.  And it's hard to be sad because you are coming back better than ever.  Looking forward to your new MD and the future gems that await.
An new start is always hard. But I am sure that Empire Bay will become even better than Santa Barbara.

Quote from: threestooges on January 29, 2012, 08:57:43 PM
Rick, while I'm sorry to see it come to a close, this was a great finish for a great MD. I wish I could've seen the university built, but I have a feeling there will be one in the cards in the future. It was neat to see the interpretation and the re-imagination of an area I've lived in.

You scared me for a bit though. When I read "the end" in the topic title, I thought you were hanging things up for good. I'mglad to see you'll be continuing on, and even starting fresh with Empire Bay. I'll be sure to be there from update one to keep an eye on how things develop from there. Best of luck on the new one and thanks for the ride here.
-Matt
I am way too addicted to this game to leave for good. Sometimes I think, I'll be the last SC4 player around after everyone else left.  :D

Quote from: Tarkus on January 30, 2012, 07:57:09 PM
Raphael, I think this last update epitomizes the phrase "going out on top". :thumbsup:  Santa Barbara County has been a pleasure to read and look at--I've always enjoyed what you've done with transit networks and these redevelopment updates have proven quite interesting as well.  While I'm sad to see it's over, I'm thrilled that you're sticking with the MDing, as you definitely have a knack for it. 

I'll definitely be on the lookout for your new effort when you get it up and running, and I very much look forward to it!

-Alex
I am trying a historic approach in my new MD. So it will take some time until you will see the first RHW in Empire Bay. But I already have some great visions.  ::)

Quote from: nbvc on January 30, 2012, 09:24:12 PM
I like the city with the marina and the rural landscapes are also great. &apls
Thank you. I hope you will like my new MD, too. :)

Quote from: dedgren on January 30, 2012, 10:38:00 PM
Great stuff, Raphael, right up until the very end.  Pics like 49.17 are what I had in mind when the first wide curve roads were on the drawing board.  I am sure Empire Bay will be a hit from day one!

David

And I am so grateful for those wide curves. It adds so much to the game. I remember how excited I was when I was able to create this road.

Quote from: Terring7 on January 31, 2012, 03:37:23 AM
Every end is a new beginning. I'm not sad about ending of Santa Barbara, because I know that something new and cool is coming soon. Can't wait for it :)
I should have kept record of who made the most comments in my MD. It must be either you or bat. Anyway, thanks for your great support.

Quote from: Kergelen on January 31, 2012, 06:08:22 AM
I was always interested in your MD and has been a pleasure to look at. . I've always loved the use you make of RHW and the images of the region. A region very realistic and consistent. &apls &apls
When I started reading I thought that you lost your interest in sc4, but luckily begin another MD where we'll sure see good pictures as in Santa Barbara County.  :)
Me losing interest in SC4?  :o Never!  ()stsfd()
Ok, maybe if SC5 comes out. $%Grinno$%

Quote from: TiFlo on January 31, 2012, 06:34:37 AM
Yours was on my fav list of MDs. That last update was great, with shots of regions I had misses. I'm looking forward to seeing was you'll be coming up with for Empire Bay. Thank you!

&apls
Thank you. Hope to see you in Empire Bay.

Quote from: noahclem on January 31, 2012, 07:52:50 AM
This has been a tremendous MD Raphael, and I'm sad to see it go. This last update was particularly spectacular, revealing areas I was unaware of and a zoomed-out photo style I really enjoy. I'm glad to hear you'll be continuing with a new MD soon and hope you bring all the great transportation elements, well thought out building styles, and general flare that has made Santa Barbara County so deservedly popular. Thanks and good luck  :thumbsup:
It will take a while till my new MD will be comparable to Santa Barbara because I am starting out from an empty region. I always wanted to do that.  :)

Quote from: turtle on January 31, 2012, 08:58:48 AM
Sorry to see this MD coming to an end. It has been a favorite of mine! The final region view is absolutely great!

I'll be sure to follow your next work.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the new one  &apls
Thank you!

Quote from: Battlecat on January 31, 2012, 10:02:24 AM
Congratulations on an excellent finish to a fine MD!   &apls &apls

While I'm sorry to see this one ending, I'm looking forward to your next project! 
Thanks, Battlecat. I hope you will like my new MD.

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on February 02, 2012, 09:01:51 PM
Wow its sad to see this MD end , Ive always enjoyed your work , hopefully your next MD will be just as great... :)
Thanks! I hope so, too. ;)

Quote from: Framly on February 03, 2012, 03:49:45 PM
WHAT! You finished &mmm...But i look forward to you next project!  ;)

Keep on your great work :thumbsup:
You posted right after I posted my first entry to my new MD. Hope you will like it, too.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

solsystem

bat

Fantastic final pictures of that beautiful region! Great work on your cities! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

io_bg

Amazing last update, I'm sorry to see it's the last one. It's been always a pleasure to stop by and see the amazing work you've done here. Good luck with your new MD!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Vee Andronov