• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

@ 11241036 :

Thanks for your advise. Actually the height difference between the pool area and the residential area is higher it can be assumed with this perspective and I use a slopy mod delivered for slopes of 20% maximum. But my choice isn't really aesthetic, I must admit.
And Yes, I really love the SFBT swimming pool, so it was impossible for me to resist to relot it !  :)

@ carlfatal :

I know i have a taste for risk with mix of buildings and I'm glad you like it.  ;D
And, reassure yourself, I put over 2 years to finalize the cities I present these last two months ........ I'm not as fast as it looks !  :D

@ romualdillo :

I did not touch your lots in LE or PIM-X ( they are already perfect  ;) ) In fact, I only put some MMP after they grown naturally in the city.
I think, the visual glitches are from my computer only, because i have CTD half the time when i take picture on zoom 5 in all my city tiles, so don't worry.
In fact, i fixed a lot of visual glitches on previous pictures but it was too complicated in this mosaic.

@ Themistokles :

Thanks you very much for the kinds words.  ()stsfd() I am very happy that you've liked and i have to thanks all the great bater, moder, loter, here or somewhere else, that improve continually this wonderful game !  :)

@ art128 :

I have open them with the PIM and turned into worship bat and then make my own lot with LE.

@ vortext :

Thanks you very much !  ;D

belfastsocrates

Oh! I'm rather sad this was the last for the year. I agree with others, what a fantastic set of images to finish this year with. Your work is superb and it has given me plenty of inspiration. I'm really looking forward to see all of your new work, I'm sure it;ll be just as spectacular as all of the previous updates.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Dantes

Each update is impressive. Each update is more impressive than the previous one. I need new positive adjectives to find words for you, manga rivotra and Vizoria MD!

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

Thanks again for the kinds comments !  :)

This is not a real update, but a simple addition of 3 churches which had well their place in my final of 2015   ::)
(2 from Debussyman and one from Reddonquixote)
Hope you like  ;D

<<<Click on pic  ;)

<<<Click on pic

<<<Click on pic

Girafe

Lovely city scenes:

LOTing is well done. Nice choice of flora and cars  :thumbsup:

Did you use Vortext textures?

There is something definitively wrong with Reddonquixote s church. It looks like it s flying in the landscape. I think it s due to wrong parameters he is using in 3dsmax. What a pity because the modeling is amazing
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

manga rivotra

I've turn into an overhangprop the Reddonquixote church without any shadow, so maybe this ( and my photoshop work with ambient light ) create that feeling...... &Thk/(
And, yes I used Vortext texture on the first pic.

Wow, new pictures! And again, they are great, especially the MMP work around the river and in the parks, and the combination of buildings.

matias93

In fact, it is the lack of a projected shadow in a shadowed scape. If you look at the left half of the image, it looks very 'correct' and definitely not floating. Maybe some photoshopping would help

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Themistokles

Nice work with the churches and their squares! The domed one on the embankment by the river, with the columns, all the bridges and mmp looks particularly awesome to me. :thumbsup: And maybe I just didn't notice it in September -- or perhaps it wasn't there yet -- but I really like the innovative use of that railway station in the lower middle of pic 342. Whenever I'm building a hilly region I'll sure be snatching that idea.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Dantes

Quote from: Dantes on September 16, 2015, 02:26:37 PM
Each update is impressive. Each update is more impressive than the previous one. I need new positive adjectives to find words for you, manga rivotra and Vizoria MD!

Only again the same words. Great work!

Framly

What a nice MD  :thumbsup: Glad to find this pearl :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

romualdillo

Impressive detailing as always!!  &apls

reddonquixote

Beautiful little scenes. I'm so pleased someone has finally used the St Paul's BAT, although it looks weird without the shadows. Must be something to do with the re-lotting (which otherwise looks amazing by the way)... I'm pretty sure the BAT I released had shadows, but if there's something I need to fix do let me know  :)
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

FIRST some replies :

@ Girafe, 11241036, matias93, Dantes, Framly, romualdillo :

Thanks for your comments and the feedback !  :)

@ reddonquixote :

Quote from: reddonquixote on October 31, 2015, 12:07:37 AM
Beautiful little scenes. I'm so pleased someone has finally used the St Paul's BAT, although it looks weird without the shadows. Must be something to do with the re-lotting (which otherwise looks amazing by the way)... I'm pretty sure the BAT I released had shadows, but if there's something I need to fix do let me know  :)

I apologize for my controversial picture about St Paul Cathedral. So i've getting a picture with this time the appropriate shadows and a slightly different placement in the park (a few meters), I guess it is better now.  :)

@ Themistokles :

I see you looked carefully my picture to see the underground station!
Indeed, this is new (simple lotting based on station PKP Warszawa Powisle of Motokloss and glass roofs of GLR station of shmails) +glenni tunnel and it took me a while to do this scene .
In fact, this station was built there are only ten years beyond the initial tunnel, and destroying old dilapidated buildings. The whole complex is accompanied by green balcony.
So here are some photos of the same station at zoom 5.

<<<Click on Pic

The old station from Rav on SimCityPolska (on the other side of the tunnel) is now abandoned and promised at a later demolished to make way for a commercial area.

<<<Click on Pic

SECOND, more close views of the area presented on the last pictures  :

Here some new views of the river seen pic 342 and 343 from the countryside to the city center : (glenni pedbridge)

<<<Click on Pic

the 2 L shaped midhight building are from Anotn on STEX (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27274-augustenborg-houses/)
    <<<Click on Pic

351. Mausoleum from Peterycristy (upload by andreas LEX)

<<<Click on Pic

<<<Click on Pic

352.1 Edit 26 december 2015 : Same place seen from the opposite angle, with additional work on the river color thanks JENX mod

<<<Click on Pic

<<<Click on Pic

<<<Click on Pic

Now some view of the city center with a real rift architectural between the central business district and the old center town ! (towers from Darknono NYBT, Jasoncw and Darn42 CBT)

355. Edit 26th november 2015 > pic still same but reworked a little bit to integrate a new bat (on the left from Seraf)

<<<Click on Pic

Something more conventional around this circular church and this great fountain

<<<Click on Pic

and other pics from the same city tile

357. (Xannepan water mill)

<<<Click on Pic

Here you can see other parts of the Motokloss s' PKP Warszawa Powisle used a little bit more in the initial spirit.

<<<Click on Pic

AND TO FINISH, some view from 3 little towns i've made or rework recently

<<<Click on Pic

<<<Click on Pic

<<<Click on Pic

<<<Click on Pic

<<<Click on Pic

364. NDEX Glenni 22.5 FAR angle building close to the roundabout and Wallibuck blue church (STEX)

<<<Click on Pic

finally a little further for this end of year   :D

art128

What a wonderful set of pictures again. The new location of St Paul is perfect, it fits really well into the neighborhood. 
That sunken train station is a masterpiece.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

romualdillo

Wonderful pictures again. So many things to see in all of them! As always I like your parks and squares a lot, and the amount of details is impressive. The last picture has something in its atmosphere I can't stop watching! 

Quote from: art128 on November 16, 2015, 06:50:24 AM
That sunken train station is a masterpiece.

I totally agree with that!  &apls

wallasey

I have only looked at page 7 and my mind is blown! I love all your images!

This city has evidently been built with a lot of thought as to how it should flow. You have done this exceedingly well indeed! The image with the old town and the CBD most defiantly does show a contrast in views and architecture. I think you have done this really well as this type of building is incredibly risky! It has paid off.

The setting of your churches is a favourite of mine, they look stunning in your city!

Girafe

amazing pictures  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lot of details everywhere, 1st time I saw my bus shelters in a MD  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Kergelen

Absolutely amazing work &apls &apls
So much details and so much custom lots. I love the variety of parks and plazas.

Nice use of xannepan plopable terrain texture near the river.

Links to SC4 websites

vortext

You keep amazing with the ingenious lotting and awesome mmp-ing!!  &apls &apls

Not to mention I keep spotting things I haven't seen before, in particular where did you find those sand piles in #347? I want them so badly!  :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana