• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Mapper

Started by wouanagaine, December 15, 2006, 12:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebaLynnTS

Have you registered with the LEX? (You have to do it separately).
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

blondjeee

how do i do that ?

thnx for reply  :thumbsup:

SC4BOY

Quote from: bwatterud on March 10, 2007, 04:08:43 PM
SC4Mapper isn't working for me for some reason.  The SC4M files load fine, but when I try to save them nothing happens.  After getting impatient, I'll quit and get an error report.  The log file says this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 863, in SaveRgn
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

This has happened to me several times (I can be very stubborn when I want something to work)()testing()

Don't know if you got your problem solved, but I had exactly the same issue. The problem is that SC4Mapper is AUTOMATICALLY DEFINED to function on the "My Documents/SimCity 4/Regions" folder.

I have defined my Simcity to funtion instead on a folder called

"My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins_PAK/Regions"

I do this because I keep my Simcity 4/Plugins folder CLEAN for installing, maintaining, adding, deleting, etc of my plugins and use the Plugins_PAK folder to hold the SC4DatPacker  packed Plugins_compressed folder and "root" essential files so I don't have to be constantly moving files back and forth. So essentially the Plugins_PAK/Regions is my working directory, not the more common path. (See HERE for a discussion of this method)

For this reason I have to make a FAKE FOLDER (for me) called "Regions" under my SimCity 4 folder purely to hold the "SC4Mapper" working folder. I run SC4Mapper and exit (it will properly save the region this way), THEN I open that folder and MOVE the region to my REAL working REGIONS folder.  I'd rather move a file when I make a region from a map rather than do it everytime I run DatPacker.. :)

Since I only do a map maybe 1 -3 times PER YEAR, this isn't really an issue, though it would be nice to configure SC4Mapper to MY working folder.

If I do this it happily puts the files into the wrong "regions" folder then I move it and go about my SimCity city building.

Oh just one more point.. You can't have SC4 running while you're doing this and find the new region.. why? because SC4 only scans the REGIONS folder when it STARTS.. therefore to see new regions you must restart it.. I'm sure everyone besides me remembers this, but the advantage of being old like I am is the old stuff is still a NEW discovery ;)

Original

"File Not Found" for download link.

MattShizzle

I got the screen here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=179

But can't find anything to click on to actually download it. Help!

Tarkus

MattGo, welcome to SC4D!  Registration for the LEX is separate from forums registration.  You'll need to register here.  Once you're logged in, you'll see the download link.

-Alex

MattShizzle

Wow, this site is incredibly difficult!

MattShizzle

Also I had a really hard time registering - I wanted to use "MattShizzle" the name I usually use on the internet - anyway to change it som my email address doesn't show?

Tarkus

Done.  And for future reference, try to avoid double posting, and use the "Modify" button instead, to edit your earlier post.

-Alex

MattShizzle

Thanks. Just so you know, I'm really bad at computer stuff.

eta: Wow! It took me a total of about 4 hours to get this including downloading the regions from another site, finding this site and finally being able to download it, but it was definitely worth it. I've had SC4 since I got my computer about 5 years ago and wish I had found this sooner. A+

cosmodrome

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 23, 2007, 07:40:35 PM
It's a great tool, but seriously, FileDen SUCKS when it comes to downloading things...

I can't figure out how to use FileDen nor does http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=179 have any clickable links.  Any have another way of getting SC4Mapper?  Please help, have been looking for hours

wouanagaine

You need to register to the lex to have the download link

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

djstretch

Can anyone please send me library.zip file, because my is corrupt
Thanks ()sad()

wouanagaine

How do you know it is corrupt ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

djstretch

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 11, 2010, 11:16:50 AM
How do you know it is corrupt ?

When I downloaded the mini patch, I wanted to add the file to the library, but my winrar told me that the libry is working good, but it is corrupt.

wouanagaine

and from where do you get that you need to add the patch to the library.zip ?

The installation note is one line and you get it wrong
Download, and unzip in your SC4Mapper install folder ( usually c:\program files\SC4Mapper )
So definitly you don't need  a library.zip nor you need to add any files to it

New Horizons Productions

djstretch

Yes, I know. But I found that in the library there is a same file as the patch has, so i thought that if i change them, maybe it will work.

amedee

Quote from: Tarkus on September 22, 2009, 05:42:06 PM
MattGo, welcome to SC4D!  Registration for the LEX is separate from forums registration.  You'll need to register here.  Once you're logged in, you'll see the download link.

-Alex
I tried to register, but the confirmation mail was temporary rejected by my postgrey. Unfortunately the LEX did not automatically resend the confirmation mail. Contrary to this forum, I did not find a way to resend the confirmation mail. It should get trough now, because I added the maildomain to the whitelist.

So my question is, how can I get the LEX to resend the confirmation mail, without re-registering with a new username/email address?

EDIT: after 2 failed attempts, I finally succeeded:
amedee (amedee-sc4@amedee.be) -> failed
amedee-test (amedee-sc4-test@amedee.be) -> failed
amedee-test2 (amedee-sc4-test2@amedee.be) -> success

So how can I get the two failed attempts deleted, and amedee-test2 (+ email address) changed to the first one?
PS: I don't mind that my email address is harvested. On the contrary, I'm doing a thesis on spam.

EDIT2: when I try to download SC4Mapper, I get the following error:
/tmp/ceJvhcb_.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Browser: Namoroka (Firefox 3.6.1pre for Ubuntu)
Operating system: Ubuntu 9.10
Obviously I'm not playing SimCity4 on the same machine as this one.

xxdita

Amedee, I've just downloaded SC4Mapper (again) with no problems at all, using FireFox. So the problem isn't with the file.

Regarding your registration attempts, there is a very specific thread here for any problems registering for the LEX, and LEX Admins monitor that thread, to help new members with any problems they come across, whereas we generally leave questions specifically related to SC4Mapper to Wouanagaine, as he is the creator.

ivo_su

Maybe it's dumb and stupid on my part, what you ask, but maybe not here, where h which I apologize.
So far as I know when I have a map of the region there is a way to determine in what area it should be towns - 2x2 or 4x4 etc. Also know that the saved game of a city can be moved not only from region to region, but also within a region. So probably ridiculous, but is there a way to program to unite the city with 4 different size 2x2 km in a big 4x4 km swords after they started the game and it has developed a building.