• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Thanks all, a new update will be soon, maybe this week end but not before, because of school, school and school again (I hate that word  :D ) !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Fabian93

Great update Arthur, I somehow missed to reply. Love your small CBD, though (but that's only my opinion) I think you should put the towers closer. I think there's too much space in between them. But that's a question of taste.

Great work so far  :thumbsup: Looking forward to more.

And of course I know how hard it can be to update a MD regularly while having to learn for tests and so on (just like me... I will write a 4 hours long english exam on Monday  :-[)
It's totally ok - school is more important than Sim City.

Fabian

art128

Glowbal - Many thanks, you're right, where they're building there will be a metro station, but the works are mostly for the metro line !  ;)

djvandrake - Thanks ! Although the Che' graffiti isn't from me, but it's with the building itself, but sshhh..  $%Grinno$%

io_bg - Thanks Ioan, I hope you like this photoshopping as well as the last one !  :)

BarbarossaS - Thanks Stijn, I'm glad you like that building !  ;)

ecoba - Thanks a lot, Ethan. Don't worry about not commenting before my friend, your visit are always appreciated !  ;)

kbieniu7 - Thanks !

Battlecat - Thanks a lot !  :)

Bobbi - Merci, Bobbi !  ;D

Sciurus - Yeah, Everything is possible, here in Soviet Russia... ;) Thanks.

Yan077 - Thanks a lot Yann, my friend. From you it's really appreciated !

WC_EEND - I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only guy who don't don't love school here !  $%Grinno$%

Fabian93 - Thanks a lot Fabian, I will take care of your opinion, I will see if I can put one or two more (little) tower to make it more compact !  ;) (if it's what you meant eh !  :D )

History of Bir-Hakeim

Today's update will show you the dam of Bir-Hakeim, with the city just nort of it. Just to know, the dam has just been renovated, because the old building was looking odd and became dangerous (some parts falls down..). As the only dam in the SPSR (for the moment), it make 35% of the total energy of the region, the other part is done my nuclear center. Bir-Hakeim, the town, was build during the German occupation of the region - WW2 - that's why the city takes that German sounding name. The city is snipped into two part, the "Upper town" is the oldest one, it is mainly with old building built before the Germans comes. The "Lower Town" is the more recent part of it, built my the German in a Polish style (what a mix !  :D ). Bir-Hakeim, today start becoming modern, with a new train station in construction (not showed in the update because it stand on the other tile) and some modern building around the city hall (again not showed in the update because it stand on the other tile). We can see the Varsnav Gradinska Church, that is named after the first mayor of the town just after the German leaved the country. - End of the WW2 -

Tourism around the town

The lake shore is a very touristic part of the city, and make that lake the first, by visitors, in the region (well the others one aren't so popular, or are near nuclear center or airports...). Peoples comes, mainly from the SPSR, but also form "surrounding" country, like Russia, Georgia, Armenia, Ukraine but also form foreign land like USA, Australia and many others... Here, the tourist, and the inhabitants, like to practice sports on the two part of the lake, the upper and the lower, their're sports like Sail,  water ski, wake boarding etc.. But today, the people stayed at home, hotels or they were shopping, because of a big wind and a rain.

Lets place to the pictures now..

Here you what looked like the dam during the German occupation (sorry for the modern cars ! )

Then, the new one :

That's all for today, the next update will come, I hope, quickly. I have still to work on the LOT for the old part of the city.
-Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

_maciex_

Wow, i love it. This dam is so realistic, i think you based on " Ennedi's Shosaloza" :) I really like after war picture, but this church and some w2w's looks like before war ones :) Can't wait for the rest of the city ;)

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Fabian93

Wow!
Your dam looks awesome  &apls
Great attention to detail here. Love the way it looks.
The historical picture is a great idea - I always love to see "historical" SC4 pictures. I don't think, that the modern cars are a problem, though I hope that somebody will create a car mod with historical european cars soon (I think the creator of Endora was working on one).

Keep up the great work you've been showing so far  :thumbsup:
Fabian

Battlecat

Superb job on this dam!  You've put a variety of custom content to great use here! 

djvandrake

WOW!  That dam is outstanding!  &apls  &apls  &apls

Very nice mosaics and effects.  Your city looks so authentic.  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

I just love, big work on this dam, because plop all this water!  &apls &apls
Congrats Art ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Glowbal

Simpson

Salut !! :)
Wow, c'est en voyant des images comme çà que j'ai envie de rejouer, tu te surpasses mon ami  :o Sans doute l'une de tes plus belles màjs.
En tout cas ta nouvelle région à l'air superbe, comme la ville bien sur  &apls Bonne chance pour la suite :)

Wow, this is incredible my friend, your region is looking incredible, like the city as well  :thumbsup:

Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

io_bg

Congratulations, my friend, on this well deserved award! &apls &apls
The dam (after a lot of work I guess :P) looks like a real one! I also like how the small town turned out, it looks really good! And the photoshopping looks fantastic (as usual)! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the town! :P
Greetings,
Ioan
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

Highly right your MD to be here in the "Of Special Interest this Month" !!!   &apls &apls &apls
And another great update!!!  :thumbsup:

ecoba

Congrats for OSITM, Arthur.

Also thanks for the comment over at Saybrook.

Ethan

BarbarossaS

Wow, OSITM: you've definitely earned it. Just look at that dam, it screams OSITM  :P
Great work there, I like it a lot!!!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls

-Stijn-

Jmouse

Congratulations on being chosen for OSITM, Arthur - certainly a well-deserved honor!

Later...
Joan

Battlecat