• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

io_bg's photography attempts [last updated: 29 November]

Started by io_bg, July 27, 2009, 10:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Thank you art128, kelis and Swordmaster! Always a pleasure to read your comments!
A couple of pics I took yesterday morning

(you can see it on 500px, too: http://500px.com/photo/3606001)

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Very impressive shots, Ioan! You're very talented.

I like how the sea turned out on the first picture.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Thank you Arthur! Earlier this week I went skiing for a few days, here are a few pics I took in the mountain:

art128

That last shot!! :O We can see faaaaaar away ! I can even see my home. :D

Props & Texture Catalog

skyhigh

I agree that last shot is impressive  &apls Also love the first pic in the update before.

ivo_su

Happy  day of your name was Ioan.
I want you to get all the most exciting of this life and continue to delight us with your stunning photographs. &apls &apls &apls

- Ivo

io_bg

Thank you for your comments! Here are a few pics I took in January:
First is a 2 minute long exposure of the bay of Bourgas taken after sunset

It's been quite cold in the past 10 days, the temperatures here at the coast have dropped to about -12° C (the record low temperature for my city is -16°). Add the cold sea wind to that and you have a freezing weather. I took this one yesterday morning, my hands almost froze while capturing it. The 20 second exposure made the sea look like fog.

Walking in the cold... (one of my first attempts at street photography)

RickD

The pictures make me shiver. We had -17 this morning.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

io_bg

It must've been quite cold, Raphael. I'm glad the weather is better now, the temperature here is about 5°.
Yesterday I managed to wake up at quarter to 6 so I took my camera bag and tripod and went to the beach. The weather wasn't really suitable for landscapes because it was hazy and colours were dull. I started taking the usual landscape pics when I realised it's not worth it so I moved on. I took a walk on the pier when I saw this below. I positioned myself so that the sun is exactly in the middle of that thing on the pier and I pressed the shutter ;D

Then I climbed up the stairs leading to an overlooking terrace when I saw a fishing boat in the sea. I started moving around until I got the boat be exactly in the middle of the waves reflecting the morning sun.

And finally, the ledge of that terrace. I wish I had a wider lens, I love the effect ultra wide-angle lenses produce!

Thanks for looking :)

art128

Nice photos, Ioan! I like the first one a lot, great composition!

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

The first picture is genious!
And I like the second one as well.  There are some really nice pictures here.  Thanks for sharing.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

io_bg

Thank you Arthur and Robin! A few more pics from this morning:
'Yellow Pier'

'A New Day Begins'

'Prepare for Take-off'

'Morning Chatter'

Hope you enjoyed them :)

vester

art128

Wonderful shots Ioan. the two last one are very funny.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Thank you Arne & Arthur! Here's a long-exposure seascape I took yesterday evening:

RickD

I like the depth of field in the seascape picture. And the pictures of the pier and "Morning Chatter" are really really good.  &apls

"Prepare for takeoff", hmm ... nice motive for sure. But something is not quite right. The exposure time is too long and I find the blurry birds in the sky distracting.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

ivo_su

Ioan, looking at these pictures of me, I am sad for the sea and I wish summer would come soon to come to visit you and see these great landscapes live.

io_bg

RickD - Thanks! I decided to use a slower shutter speed in that pic in order to create a sense of movement and to emphasize only on that bird.
ivo_su - Thank you; fortunately summer is coming soon. I can't wait for it either!

On Wednesday I finally had the chance to shoot in foggy weather, I've always wanted to do so! I like the mystic feel fog adds to pics. Here's the best one I took that day at the pier in my city.

A couple of days ago I bought my first prime lens - a Nikkor 35mm f/1.8. It's a fun little glass, the single focal length is often limiting (I like wide angles :P) but the bokeh it produces is pretty good and is much easier to achieve than using my kit lens. Here's a snap I took using it:

Thanks for looking :)

vester

Love you fog picture. Didn't you take more picture now you had your change ?

Seems like you get some good out of your first prime lens.

jmyers2043

Quote from: vester on April 15, 2012, 01:59:17 PM
Love you fog picture. ...

I like it too. It is artistic. I wonder what the man is thinking about.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)