• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thankyou all for the lovely comments (I realised I haven't logged in for some time).

Now, for some specific comments:

CabraBuitre - thanks - as it stands, the Taunton State hospital was a holding model - the two buildings as shown weren't supposed to be repeated. I had made a larger main building, but about a year ago my PC blue screened and that model become corrupted, I became frustrated, and never got around to finishing it...I will one of these days I promise.

Spa - not a bad idea. I'll see what I can come up with...

Back a few pages I made some Regency terraces (white and blue). These were actually part of a larger project which I hadn't shown in case I never got around to finishing it. The real buildings these are based off is a row of homes called Lansdowne Terrace near Hollis Park in inner Sydney. Like the famous Lansdowne Terrace of Bath, UK, these have a curve...

It is a 10x2 and I had it grow....I also made a plop with jobs...

I still have some tweaking to do with the lot (it should conform to med wealth W2W set-back) and then I will submit it for testing etc.

At least it breaks up the grid. ::)

zero7

I'll look forward to seeing that released ... I love the way the curve opens up space.   &apls
Call me Richard

rooker1

These look awesome, I can't wait.  Very good that you found time to finish these it would have been a shame if you hadn't.  I really like the curve in the houses, great idea.  And 10x2, should be pretty easy to get these to grow.

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kwakelaar

These look very nice Matt, and a great idea with the curving buildings.

Krio

mattb325

Thanks guys - Lansdowne terrace has been submitted to go through the modding & testing stages now...

Next up is a medium sized CS$$$ Department store. Based on an old demolished department store called Farmers & Myers.

XiahouDun

That looks great :thumbsup: The roof detailing really makes it stand out.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

EDGE4194

I agree with xiahou dan- nice work matt  &apls

cammo2003

Great work, the roof on that is very distinctive.

Any chance of a version without the Myer flags as well? It could just as easily pass for an inner city police station, or perhaps a museum (of which we could use a few more variations, there aren't that many around...).

Even if not, it'll make a fine addition to the game.

jacqulina

rooker1

The last bat is awesome, I love this kind of architecture.  cammo2003 has a great idea, it could make a great police station.....?? ::)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

baconrocky

Quote from: cammo2003 on July 22, 2007, 07:12:10 AM
Great work, the roof on that is very distinctive.

Any chance of a version without the Myer flags as well? It could just as easily pass for an inner city police station, or perhaps a museum (of which we could use a few more variations, there aren't that many around...).

Even if not, it'll make a fine addition to the game.

I like the Police Idea, speaking of Civic buildings....what happened to that Hospital you were working on a LONG time ago? I was always waiting for it to be released, and then lots of time past and I forgot about it up until now, oh and i want to pat you on the back for those amazing townhomes!

Pat

Matt that is wonderful work there and great job at that too - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Schulmanator

You have several great projects under development! I am eager to see the final products!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

GrizzlyBuilder

Comment and Questions on each of your projects.

-Chippingdale Station
            Are you going to BAT it?
-Farming Estates
            Wonderful so far, but when will it come out and will there be more?
-Landsdowne Terrice
            One word: Awesome
-Department Store
            Looking forword to that wonderful roof and gables as well as your its possiblities for other uses.
I was looking at you prop pack and Simtropolis forum.  When will you release these stunning lots?

Yoder7652

great work here, Matt....I really like the new works that you've posed here

btw..I like the new look of your hat (avatar)

mattb325

Thanks guys!

I quite like the idea of having the department store as a police station - it is sufficiently left-field to tickle my fancy  $%Grinno$%.

The model will need adjusting to accomplish that (I don't want it looking too similar). I will also release the model as a department store, but I want to tweak a few things as noted by the guys in the BSC, so I will post when I have done a new render..

The new avatar is courtesy of diggis - I really love it!!!!! It's great to have a VB hat - better than the old southpark talking turd avatar ()stsfd()

As for other bits and pieces, I'll let you know what I'm up to:

It's not really a project plan - just a vague plan of attack with no specific dates attached:

* Taunton State Hospital - I have started re-modelling that. There are a lot of pieces and it is hard to get sufficiently motivated for something I have already batted once and lost due to a PC problem.

* Chippendale Station - definitely on my list. I am hoping to go and have a look next weekend as I can't locate some photos for the back part of the building.

*Farming estates - I am making some additional pieces - in particular Killymoon will also act as a reward. I want to get a few extras batted and release all in one go (it's less messy as a pack)

*Making some of the farming estates as high wealth mansions - on my list

*Lansdowne Terrace - will probably be next one to be released. I think I've got just about as much mileage as possible from that one little model  :P

*W2W police stations - I saw a magnificent building which will fit the bill perfectly. Very Euro.

*NSW Art gallery: love the building - awesome mix of old and new

*Some other commercials that have taken my fancy such as this little building:

*Other residentials - I have a handful of modern houses on my PC that could make up a pack number two.

*Making lots for the existing prop-pack: Reussdale House and the 1940's houses spring to mind as these models aren't too bad considering they are some of my older stuff...

*Some of my older pre-bsc works are floating around on Simtrop (albeit locked) and I am not sure what to do with them to be honest.
Most of it I now really, really don't like...the only exceptions are the little Windmill Street houses - at some point I'll re-lot these to bring them over; the rest I can take or leave....

There are a few things not released from that time, such as the Boom Style Terraces and I may re-do the old stuff at some point, but we'll see...

Anyways, I hope to have some more pictures for you soon...so thanks for all of the comments  ;D

cammo2003

Quote from: mattb325 on July 31, 2007, 07:42:20 PM
Thanks guys!

I quite like the idea of having the department store as a police station - it is sufficiently left-field to tickle my fancy  $%Grinno$%.

The thing that made me think that is the stature of the building... It just screamed 'Civic building' to me. The best thing is it'd take bugger all work. All you'd have to do is render twice, once with the Myer flags, once without. If you were to render it as a police station, I'd suggest some kind of police station sign, as well. The mannequins (at least I'm sure that's what's represented in the front windows) are ambiguous enough to pass off as small statues behind glass.

Obviously the lot would also need to be different for a police station - but that could obviously be done fairly easily.

threeswept

Hey, Matt...I have always been amazed at the breadth of your work! I'm super excited I stumbled upon this thread!

mightygoose

what setback figures do you use matt, you are probably my favourite batter at the moment. and if my current w2w will fit next to yours, as they are of similiar styles, then i would be very happy.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....