• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thankyou for the comments guys - Arne, those images are awesome....so much inspiration!!!!! :thumbsup:

Being summer here, not much time to BAT/lot/mod etc, and I am helping out the scruitineering guys as there are some cool projects on the horizon, hence the inactivity.

Although late last year, after seeing a request over at Simtropolis, I batted a small cell phone tower and have been testing for the last few months. This type of smallish tower is ubiquitous in urban areas, but there are still very few in game. I used real dimensions (modified for game) from the Australian standard in terms of height thresholds, so hopefully it lends some realism.

To make it useful, I have given it the same values as the ingame wind power plant; and not only does it add a bit of gritty reality along highways/industrial areas and the like, it also boosts the power grid and provides a single R$ job  %wrd

It is available here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2749

Jack_wilds

good to know you are still around... thanks for the cell tower  :thumbsup:...

with you guys being in the balmy heat; here its 23f and windy with a light blanket of snow  $%Grinno$%... still in hopes of seeing more of your wonderful bat works like the london series, -the office buildings and mid-rises especially, on the 'lex' soonish  ::)

mattb325

Thanks Jack for the support. Summer has been a bit of a fizzer in Sydney this year...very few days have been over about 75F. Still nice, but certainly not the normal heat we often get this time of year.

Just as requested, here is another installment on the London Set....Exhibition Rd is now on the LEX

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2761

I am trying to get through the testing and release of these approx 20 something BATs, I promise  ;)

Enjoy :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Looks great, and thanks for the celltower!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Sciurus

That's really wonderful!! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Girafe

Looks really good, hope that in the 20 others BATs there are sweety small houses  ::)

&apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

xannepan

Lovely! Well done  &apls  &apls  &apls

mattb325

Thankyou guys, actually Girafe those 20 + unreleased BATs were just from this thread...if I include the houses and remake of BAT props vol01 and a few dozen more flora that I am making for BAT props Vol03 (not yet shown) it is just over 100 yet-to-be-released Bats  :o  :o

That's a little embarrassing, so to fix that I have released the Chapel of the Assumption.

There are only a handful of W2W churches available (despite the fact that they are common IRL). This is a reward lot and is achieved when your city population is 8,000 and mayor rating is 40. It can be placed more than once in a city once the reward criteria is reached.

I have really enjoyed using this as it is quite unassuming, but gives quite a lift to the W2W streetscape.

It is available here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2761

cogeo

Is there some large villa/palazzo, on a 4x3 lot, like the Lakehouse or Mt Pleasant in the set?

Sciurus

Excellent church, I love it. &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Earth quake

Fantastic. This church is splendid. &apls

WannGLondon

Quote from: mattb325 on February 24, 2012, 06:34:03 PM
I am trying to get through the testing and release of these approx 20 something BATs, I promise  ;)
Very happy to hear this  ;D love your BATs, Matt. Hope to see more London work, maybe some terraces or more w2w stuff.
Call me Warren.

Jack_wilds

nothing grand to say but Thank-you Matt, greatly appreciated...

mattb325

Thanks guys, Codeo, there will be R$$$ homes in there as well, but I will show them in the Maxis replacement thread once rendered (I'm still collating floor plans). I will eventually get to more W2W stuff....hopefully before the fabled SC5 comes out  :D $%Grinno$%

Anyhow, I have just packaged and uploaded BSCBATPropsMattb325_Vol03

Over 40 new models (evergreen trees & formal architectural species) and buildings (Commercial, Residential and Industrial) as seen on the preceding pages. The trees are also in various prop families for lot-makers ;)

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2768

WannGLondon

Quote from: mattb325 on March 02, 2012, 10:57:15 PM
Thanks guys, Codeo, there will be R$$$ homes in there as well, but I will show them in the Maxis replacement thread once rendered (I'm still collating floor plans). I will eventually get to more W2W stuff....hopefully before the fabled SC5 comes out  :D $%Grinno$%

Anyhow, I have just packaged and uploaded BSCBATPropsMattb325_Vol03

Over 40 new models (evergreen trees & formal architectural species) and buildings (Commercial, Residential and Industrial) as seen on the preceding pages. The trees are also in various prop families for lot-makers ;)

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2768
Thanks Matt, your models/BATs are great. Keep up the good work!
Call me Warren.

mattb325

mgarcia

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Excellent work - so looking forward to the other lots.

Big thank you for your awesome works!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack_wilds

THanks Matt... its appreciated... :thumbsup: it will begin the suburban business park /with the pine valley shopping I've been wanting to make... :)

toxicpiano

Great work on the new prop pack, some of that stuff is sorely missing from the game (even at this late stage in it's life).

Haven't been to Simtropolis in while so I had a look and in one the threads about unreleased BATs was this:

Is it yours?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

WannGLondon

Quote from: toxicpiano on March 18, 2012, 08:09:24 AM
Great work on the new prop pack, some of that stuff is sorely missing from the game (even at this late stage in it's life).

Haven't been to Simtropolis in while so I had a look and in one the threads about unreleased BATs was this:

Is it yours?
Toxicpiano, where did you find these buildings? They're gorgeous.
Call me Warren.