• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Beautiful BATs , interesting & very detailed  :thumbsup: ... and your LotEditing with not that much dependencies is always so exquisite !  &apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

io_bg

Ah, fantastic work on all these mid-rise buildings! Especially that appartment building, I think I know the perfect place for it in my region ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Girafe

Really good job matt, always a pleasure to see your work  :satisfied:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Jack_wilds

Good to hear from you, Glad all is well there, the reports of Noah's Ark flooding have been online here...
so is your canoe ready to go just in case  ()what()

...the gsk is Much better  :thumbsup: as for the HP office -which I like, its the textures or something else -it could be just on my end of things  ??? &ops, don't mind grungy done well however it has the appearance of  giant swarm of bees around it  %confuso (note: the apparition goes away with a brighter screen  ??? then shows up the darker the screen gets)

The condos are great having a cookie cutter homely appearance yet suits the use intent -the Green Bay area has a few of them similar look aka retirement places homes.  I like the small square condos best I'd call 'em 'Fox Run' ala Fox cities/River Valley

some of your design notions sure have application for RL, do you have an outlet for such endeavors  %confuso

Jack

mattb325

Thanks everyone. Gringamuyloca, one thing in SC4 that has always irked me is that you can't really do very small hills in the game, batting is one work around, but it also has limitations...
Madhatter106, thanks, all of these Bats will be re-rendered prior to release which will sort some of the night lighting and internal emptiness.
Badsim - thanks, I think with the lot editing, I probably use a few too many props, but otherwise it is very difficult to get the feeling of movement and trying to draw the eye around the lot, so I'm glad you like these.
Io_gib/girafe thankyou for your kind words, these should be available soon-ish. I keep adding to the 'pack' as you'll soon see.
Jack_wilds thanks, although it took me looking on 3 seperate monitors before I could see it. You have your setting very dark!  :D Unfortunately I have no avenue for releasing these in day to day life; none is a replica, but all of them are inspired by things I see around me.

Onto todays offerings (again imaginary):

Emporio Apartments

GE money - just a small office complex. I actually started this as a brutalist building (as evidenced by those recessed concrete windows and the fact that it is GE), but it was too drab, so I gave it the early '90s treatment with some angled curtain-glass and a lick of paint  ::)

art128

The first one would look really nice in a W2W environment. As for the second building, I like a lot the colored window frames.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

I love the first building! The second one is not really my cup of tea but this doesn't mean I won't use it in my towns ;D Diversity is always welcome ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

peter007

wow nice buildings. Gives me a lot of inspiration  :thumbsup:

Jack_wilds

Hey Matt,

a fox valley shout out to ya, like the new stuff... as its interesting use of texture and colors...  :thumbsup:

the apartments have rather interesting name... however the trellises on the balconies may be over done or crowed or just fuzzy looking %confuso... but having trellises for this apartment is good design thought...

Concerning the GE building I like it, it explores a 'what-if' for rehabbing buildings and the issues of 'updating' sometimes with in different results.  I'd keep it due to its interest values and the Sims can have something to dissect over coffee... I also look in to what to do about making it appear less 'colored pencil' thou... I like the lot, I'd place near the Pine Valley Plaza...  ;) watching the LEX for the offices, and/or more mall shops ... but the small things with the statues were a good surprise   ;)

Trust all is well with you down under...

Frozen Jack  $%Grinno$%

mattb325

Thankyou art128, io_big, peter007 and jack_wilds for the comments

I may make some colour changes yet to the GE building, although that's not a promise...the game often lacks a few contrasts. I suppose I will wait until it grows in a few more cities to determine whether I like it enough to let it stay as is  ::) :D

Regarding the balconies on the Emporio apartments, they are those modern wires set into metal frames which emulate the railings on ships (hence the size)

Another offering for the smaller commercials....

4x4 and 3x3 lot shown here

Simcitler

Some  &apls for the latest buildings. They look really good, especially Emporio apartments.

Keep on doing  :thumbsup:

mave94

Yes, more buildings. I always like your buildings.
Really good, keep it up! &apls

-Matthijs

peter007

Very nice building. I'm already looking forward to the next.  &apls

Jack_wilds

Like whats developing... progressing in to a full range of business variety that will fill Pine Valley Business Park, with the hotels, shopping center and shoppes at the main entry...

so the jury is out concerning the GE building, I'd keep it perhaps adjust the colors but then again  ::)... sitting on the fence can be give one cramps...   :D  your call

concerning the balconies, I revisited the pics and now can 'see better through the fog' -that is I cleaned my lcd screen ::) and faced away from all the glare...  &mmm  ()stsfd() and now I can see...  :thumbsup:

What sort of game plan are you entertaining for releasing all these projects onto the LEX  ()what() as its getting to feel like Christmas anticipation... will they be released eventually %confuso

We got dumped on with over a foot of snow in one 'sudden' blow... its a pain to shovel   ()sad(), but better than all ice down south... some parts of WI got over 18" of the white stuff... so the snowmobilers are happy for awhile; but it put a sudden crimp into the sturgeon fishing season, as it been called due to lake ice conditions (last I heard anyway)...

Like the new building as it as a certain appeal... inspiration for my business headquarters  $%Grinno$%  ::)
perhaps one day -right   %confuso

trust all is well down under

Jack 'have snow blower -will travel' Wilds
...perhaps just down the block  :D

4-1-'11...
snow report for NEWi is the 6th snowiest of over 80" -forecasts for more this weekend -up to a foot in places... no wonder my back aches and the 'new' snow blower is complaining

...Its been awhile since I saw you about the workshop, popped in anyway to review projects and say 'Hi' and trust RL is treating you well -Jack

mattb325

Thankyou Simcitler, MrMAvE94, peter007 and Jack_wilds  for the comments. Jack, I hope the snow has finally melted now that Spring has arrived for you! You guys copped quite a battering this year.  &mmm

I am slowly adding to what will now become a Mega Prop Pack Vol03. A little something just for some fun and to soak up the endless CS demand:

But, because just showing pictures of BATs on my computer is not much fun for you, I released a high school lot, based on an old photo from Main St in Brewster NY (near Connecticut).

It is part of the suburban civics series and will do well in towns/suburbs etc.

It is available for download: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2617

kwakelaar

Your new modern commercials do look great, adding a nice splash of colour to the game.
And your latest upload...another fantastic set of buildings and the lotting is good too.

jmyers2043

Quoteadding a nice splash of colour

plucked the words right out of my brain   :D   Simple bat made very good by the use of some color . . . I like it.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Jack_wilds

Quote from: jmyers2043 on April 02, 2011, 04:46:43 AM
plucked the words right out of my brain   :D   Simple bat made very good by the use of some color . . . I like it.

...and so the echoing comment of similar sentiment resounds a bravo  &apls  of design variety

Thanks for the addition to the civic series as it has a lot of 'small town' Americana charm... glad all appears well down under, and with it being your 'fall'; do you guys have deciduous fall-colored trees  ()what()

more later,

Jack

Terring7

Some interesting buildings :)
I think i can use some of them :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mattb325

Thankyou kwakelaar, jmyers, jack_wilds and terring7 for the comments. I thought a bit of colour wouldn't go astray - nothing like breaking up all of the peach/beige/grey tones.

@ Jack, we have plenty of decidous trees here in Sydney  -  in the older areas they very much outnumber native eucalypts etc. We grow all of the familiar US and European species: you name it, it probably grows here, many species such as the Norway Maple, English Oak, London Plane and the Californian Pine have become completely naturalised.  The decidous trees that perform the best (in terms of colour) however are the ones from East Asia (China/Japan/Korea).

Here, the autumn colours start in mid-late May and last until about the 1st week of June; normally they are no where near as vibrant as the NE of the US or many other parts of the world given that autumn is also the wettest time of the year in Sydney.

I shared some photos with the BSC in 2007, might as well show them here:

Outside my front yard showing maples, cherries etc:

The iconic view of the Opera house over large London Planes in autumn hue (taken from my camera-phone, so garbage quality):

A slightly different view of the 'postcard' bridge shot showing an old street lined with English Elms: