• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamorr

Nice Junior School, I really like the shape of it especially the fencing you used to enclose the place, melds pretty well with the lot and style. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

FortSixAndTwo462

Fantastic work! I have downloaded your entire collection of Victorian/Georgian houses and it's nice to see them popping up in my cities in lieu of the cookie cutter ingame versions.

I was wondering if you were planning on tackling some more W2W, masonry versions of this type of residential architecture for dense, inner-city neighbourhoods to complement your earlier set of BATs. As an example, where I live in Toronto, we have streets lined with tall brick, bay-and-gable style houses that are amenable to different residential built forms (detached, semi-detached or terraced housing). Here's a picture of what I'm thinking of:

What do you think?

rushman5

Matt, as much as I love your BATs, especially the new detached series, I am left itching to mod all of your building occupancies.  I'm not sure a detached house with 49 occupants on a low density lot is reasonable...

Can I use the sc4tool or do I need to fish up ilive's reader from the depths of my external drive?

tamorr

If all you want to do is change values either progam will do the job, as long you know what you are doing...
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
"Patience is a virtue."

mattb325

Quote from: rushman5 on October 25, 2009, 01:44:43 PM
Matt, as much as I love your BATs, especially the new detached series, I am left itching to mod all of your building occupancies.  I'm not sure a detached house with 49 occupants on a low density lot is reasonable...

Can I use the sc4tool or do I need to fish up ilive's reader from the depths of my external drive?

Hi rushman

The figures assigned to these are from the PIM-X and sit somewhere between CAM (for users playing the CAM) and standard Maxis values: also, some dwellings in both the series have under 20 occupants ;).
I am playing without CAM and have no ill effects. I also tested in a region of 10 connected cities with no mods or other plugins (just plain Maxis) for about 300-400 game years and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

BUT, if you want to change these you can do so with the SC4 tool (like tamorr mentioned) as I left the desc file loose in each seperate download; be sure to bulldoze lots already grown prior to making changes. I also recommend backing up work/cities just in case...

Just as an FYI. The PIM-X was developed as a result of the gameplay experiments BSC did (Shosaloza and the like) which demonstrated that assigning "realistic" values actually had a detrimental effect on region play and populations needed to support industry/business etc. The values the PIM-X assigns are actually based on the volume of each BAT model and these match the volumes of the games models so there is alignment.

@Fortsixandtwo462 - I really like those homes....very unusual with the triangular attic glazing (although that looks quite recent)

FortSixAndTwo462

Quote from: mattb325 on October 26, 2009, 03:34:28 PM
@Fortsixandtwo462 - I really like those homes....very unusual with the triangular attic glazing (although that looks quite recent)

Yeah, that particular snapshot is from a rather affluent part of town, so many of the homes on this street have no doubt been extensively renovated and "modernized", for better or for worse (traditionally, that section would most likely have been solid brick or else sported a small, rectangular window, and there would have been decorative bargeboard suspended from the gable in a neo-Gothic style).

JBSimio

Hi Matt,

I just finished downloading the final batch of your cottages.  I thought I had them all a couple times, but then I would check back and find more!  I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for all of these.  Single family homes get overlooked far too often by creators... I being very guilty myself... and I'm grateful that you've taken the time to make these available.   &apls

The newest civic buildings look great and I'm sure I'll be downloading those too at some point.

Thanks again!
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

mattb325

Thanks guys

I'm still fiddling around with trying to find some smallish civic buildings that pique my intrest...if nothing soon will just package what I have done so that I don't forget about it.....

The cottages ornee are mostly medium wealth and it is for a reason. While I was making these I have to guiltily confess to simultaneously making.....

McMansions!!!!  ()lurker()()sad()

Mostly these are courtesy of floor plans provided by a Texas housing estate builder. I believe most of these are golf-course homes in the Dallas area.

Woodrun II

Fitzsimmon

Timberline

Prestondale I

Southport II

Wellington I

Westfield XIII

Various lot sizes. 4x4; 3x3; 2x3 and 3x2

As tyou guessed, none of these homes signed the Kyoto agreement.

Bobbi

They're beautiful, I can't wait for them. :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Earth quake

Nice houses. :thumbsup:
The Fitzsimmon, The Prestondale I and The Southport II are really beautiful.

kimcar

&apls &apls Very good add to your set mate. The quality of your work is just so great . :thumbsup:

tamorr

oooooo   aaaahhhh!!! Just simply lovely...  ()stsfd() I was wondering of the R$$$ lacking in the last batch... Now I see why.. Great work. :thumbsup:
"Patience is a virtue."

tag_one

??? :o Matt the Bulk Batter strikes again  :D :thumbsup:
Wonderful work mate! Your quality is as great as always :)

cogeo

Very nice BATs! Congrats!

If you haven't released them already, I think it would be a good idea to include them in the standard Maxis building families, so that they appear in the Maxis lots too (if their sizes are close enough).

Jack_wilds

Matt, Jack wilds here...

all I can say is WOW! I see a golf course development will be order... particularly like the 'prestondale1'...

Jack

CabraBuitre

If you need any pics of even bigger McMansions, let me know... I live very close to Lake Forest, IL (and lesser known, just as exclusive locales) that is FULL of McMansions (and regular ones, too!).  I actually live about a mile from Michael Jordan's old house (know his ex-wife's, I believe...) and from Scottie Pippen's house, and I'm just a few miles from Mike Ditka's old house and various other Chicago Bears and Bulls.

That's probably not as good as the floor plans... but some of these houses are spectacularly huge!

I actually heard on the radio that one Lake Forest house from one of the former Wrigley heirs is on sale for $14.5 million and his penthouse in the city is on sale for $14 million!  He has homes on sale for over $28 million!  Yikes!

Check out Abelfarei!

mattb325

Quote from: tag_one on November 08, 2009, 10:47:02 AM
Matt the Bulk Batter strikes again 

$%Grinno$% That's funny - I guess I do work 'in bulk'  :D

Thanks everyone for the kind words....

@ cogeo - I like your thinking, but the footprint of these is quite a deal larger than the Maxis stage 1-3 R$$$ homes (the other homes have already been released, so that can't be changed). Only the med density R$$$ would suit the bill and even then the issue with many of these homes is that they have an attached garage that sits to the side of the house, so the lot would look terrible. But to make the footprint of another set along the maxis lines is something worth considering - I had always wondered why those homes never had attached garages...now I think I know!!!!

@ cabrabuitre - I had a look at luxuryportfolio.com: I must say a few million dollars buys a lot more house in Illinois than it does in Sydney - those homes are just over-the-top! I am very quick if I have floor plans (see the cottages ornee and these McMansions, but the commerce pack - working from photos - takes a lot longer) - one thing you could do is let me know any of the local builders on estates around your area - these guys then have sites with floor plans and eleveations which makes it very quick for me to BAT.

Sciurus

Those houses are wonderful. And you should know that, when you update one of your creations, I download it instantaneously! ::)

Guillaume &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

mattb325

Merci Guillaume ;)

The Mcmansions are now all on the LEX. The prop pack is here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2264 and the 7 lot files follow shortly after

kwakelaar

Fantastic work again, Matt, I see these being used in every MD here on the site. By now there is such a great variety that they can be used for any playing style.