• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM-GLR Request (single Track piece)

Started by den52, May 30, 2010, 07:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

den52

I like to thank the NAM team for the recent May 2010 update. I would like the following proposed on your next update. Add a (single) track on road or street. I live in Toronto and our trams sometimes have to loop by using a street or road and only (1) track is built on the street. Right now the NAM GLR has pieces that contain (2) tracks in opposite direction. The single track would help build GLR systems that need to go through residential streets/roads.

Thanks den52

WC_EEND

I know what you mean, and these types of streets are quite common here as well in Belgium, so I'll second that request.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

jdenm8

There has been a similar request for directional GLR-1 in OWR. They are useful for loops as it is easier just to run the tram around than to stop it and go back. A similar implementation to RAM-STR would work. We could possibly even ask for plain GLR-1.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

starfinder9659

yes, it would be good to have a single track light rail :thumbsup: I will third that! :P

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

samerton

TEG24601

It would be nice.  But I know that here are some minor issues involved.

TEG

dragonshardz

jdenm8

There are 'loops', smartarse but they use up a lot of room in a small area and are unrealistic.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

LReyomeXX

Would be great for rural areas that use GLR. An example of this is the New Cannan, CT branch of the New Haven line for Metro North. That is single rail and still uses semi-light rail.

Edit: Sorry about digging this up, but it seems the request was ignored

mike3775

Quote from: LReyomeXX on January 28, 2012, 04:59:53 PM

I wouldn't say it was ignored, just that they are busy with more important things at the moment.

DAB_City

Would be useful for making custom loops, plus for single-track branches and the like. The textures shouldn't be too hard, but obviously the NAM Team has higher priorities at this moment (Project 0E, Monolithic NAM). I'll add my name in though  ;)
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

Tarkus

Quote from: LReyomeXX on January 28, 2012, 04:59:53 PM

This is actually one of multiple threads/posts we've gotten over the past few years asking about STGLR.  We haven't "ignored" it, but it may look that way because there just hasn't been the resources or interest at the developmental level to do it to this point.

-Alex