• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis Highway Override (Project Symphony) - Development & Support

Started by MandelSoft, October 31, 2012, 09:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

The RHW intersections aren't overridden simply because we were busy doing other things when the base models became available to us.

The 7.5m stuff... I didn't think that was going to be included? Anyway, that stuff was added a matter of days ago. We've been busy doing other things. Use the 15m ones, they work fine.

We haven't done the Ped Bridge or URail/Pedmall pieces because... uh... we forgot them.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

firefighter57

Did I miss the boat on this whole project symphony thing?  Is it part of the NAM package or is it a separate install because it did not install with my NAM install.

EDIT:    I didn't see that the first time around.  Thanks Samerton!

samerton

Quote from: firefighter57 on March 02, 2013, 07:20:54 AM
Did I miss the boat on this whole project symphony thing?  Is it part of the NAM package or is it a separate install because it did not install with my NAM install.

It is an optional install, titled 'Maxis Highway Override' in the installer.

In order to view the optional components, you must click 'Custom Installation' instead of 'Complete Standard Installation' on the 3rd page of the installer.

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 02, 2013, 07:19:16 AM
We haven't done the Ped Bridge or URail/Pedmall pieces because... uh... we forgot them.

Wait what? You are humans?! ??? &idea

So it's okay :) the pedmall pieces are in any kind forgotten since the version they were first included ;) maybe somone will take a look at them in NAM 32 or 33 /&HiPP/%

mike3775

After 5 attempts, I give up on symphony.  It refuses to install and every time I do manual and select the box, it does not install.

Swordmaster

That's strange, Mike, I have it working. Have you tried a fresh install (without previous NAM in your plugins)?

Cheers
Willy

mike3775

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 02, 2013, 08:07:46 AM
That's strange, Mike, I have it working. Have you tried a fresh install (without previous NAM in your plugins)?

Cheers
Willy

Not yet, but will try that when I get back from the store

Patricius Maximus

I'm happy to report that I've encountered no problems with Symphony components so far, and it's proving to be a very useful addition. In brief, it's just what MandelSoft said it would be - no more, no less ()stsfd().

Swordmaster

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 02, 2013, 10:19:34 AM
I'm happy to report that I've encountered no problems with Symphony components so far, and it's proving to be a very useful addition. In brief, it's just what MandelSoft said it would be - no more, no less ()stsfd().

Thanks, this is wonderful to hear! It was really a last-minute crunch.

Cheers
Willy

ivo_su

Thank you for your latest and greatest product.
I got a little stupid question:
I can not find project or Symphony in the installer or the game itself. Could I had a little help, because I really did not notice it in the box of "NAM 31"

samerton

Quote from: ivo_su on March 02, 2013, 11:38:49 AM
I got a little stupid question:
I can not find project or Symphony in the installer or the game itself. Could I had a little help, because I really did not notice it in the box of "NAM 31"

In the installer, the mod is called 'Maxis Highway Override', and is found under the section entitled 'NAM Networks and Network Expansions'

Swordmaster

Ivo, you need to select the custom installation, then look to enable the "Maxis Highway Override".

EDIT:  :D I'm gonna leave it all to you Sam, I need to get going for work anyway.

Cheers
Willy

ivo_su

Oh thank you very much Sam and Willie, I think everything is fine. Great you guys.

dyoungyn

Is there any way I could get RHW 5.0 and the old NAM and compents back.  I accidently "Uninstalled" the old Network Addon Mod as we were taught in the past to elimnate conflicts.  Now, I cannot open up any maps that I just go through re-doing the since I installed the latest NAM.  Any help or guidance is so greatly appreciated.

memo

You can still get them at the SimCityKurier: http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/files.php?cat=37&cmd=all&sort=&order=&page=1

The site is in German, but the files contain the English Locale files, too.

dyoungyn

memo,

Thank you and I was successuful.  However, I am still having problems.  I downloaded the old version, tested and my maps loaded.  I then installed the new NAM and the maps will not load now.  Is it possible that with all the bugs with the new NAM the maps that have been re-done with the old NAM with RHW6 L1 over RHW6C those maps will not load.  I purposely re-did all those maps updating them with the old RHW/NAM in hopes I could expand them using the new NAM.

Swordmaster

That's unlikely. The NAM has always had a policy of backwards compatibility, and this is no difference with NAM31. I can't think of any conflict, and I've loaded more than a dozen older regions successfully with NAM 31. (With different previous NAM versions.)

Cheers
Willy

AngryBirdsFan436

SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

mike3775

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 02, 2013, 08:07:46 AM

Cheers
Willy

Just got around to doing this and it fixed the problem. 

works great as well, great job

dyoungyn

I still had issues and un-installed the new NAM then found the old NAM and components, re-installed them and the maps loads fine.  I am convinced that with all the bugs with RHW, the maps just will not load with the new NAM as the game may see them as conflicts.  I am hoping for a "Hot Fix" really soon as all other components of the new NAM appear to be working fine except for the RHW.  I was really looking forward to Project Symphony overides and some new TLUPs, but I will just have to wait until an update comes out.  I am back to the old NAM and components with no issues.