• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis Highway Override (Project Symphony) - Development & Support

Started by MandelSoft, October 31, 2012, 09:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Jaris on February 07, 2013, 12:26:06 AM
Two questions:

No (unfortunately), and yes (duh).

Quote from: teddyrised on February 07, 2013, 12:13:47 AM
And I implore everyone to refrain from probing, and give the NAM team a peace of mind while they try their very best testing and ensuring the upcoming release is stable, functional and, of course, awesome

^ This.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on February 07, 2013, 12:29:19 AM
Quote from: Jaris on February 07, 2013, 12:26:06 AM
Two questions:

No (unfortunately)

Actually...

That pic was taken over a year ago and the mod is in much better shape now than it was then.

It's a straight-up override of the MHWY over Roundabout puzzle piece in the Avenue Roundabouts menu.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jdenm8 on February 07, 2013, 12:37:03 AM
Actually...

Oh, THAT roundabout... For the record, not exactly a new piece but a retrofitting of an existing piece, which (to me) doesn't constitute as new.
<INACTIVE>
-----

AngryBirdsFan436

Anyway, will that Avenue Viaduct to MHW be converted to Project Symphony specs? Or it has been already?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 07, 2013, 02:40:47 AM
Anyway, will that Avenue Viaduct to MHW be converted to Project Symphony specs? Or it has been already?

Refer to:

Quote from: teddyrised on February 07, 2013, 12:13:47 AM
And I implore everyone to refrain from probing, and give the NAM team a peace of mind while they try their very best testing and ensuring the upcoming release is stable, functional and, of course, awesome

And:

Quote from: Tarkus on February 07, 2013, 12:17:59 AM
We're not in a state in which "is this possible?" questions ("ITPs", which, often times, are simply probing requests, or "requestions") are really readily answerable.

In other words, please refrain from asking questions about trivial things, or things that have already been answered. All it does is slow everything down.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Patricius Maximus

Although figuring out what is going to be in the release is a worthwhile activity, I would also ask everyone to keep probing to a minimum. All will be revealed on March 1, and I for one am going to "chill" for the 21 days remaining until the release  :satisfied:.

Jack_wilds

I, for one, am standing by -til that day  :)  :satisfied: ... so I will chill; I hope others will read this and heed it...

Swordmaster

There's nothing wrong with asking about certain features or possibilities. As a matter of fact, it's been the first step towards NAM membership for many currently on the team (this was my fifth post on SC4D - I think I should tackle that piece sometime). It is a problem, however, if it's the same person asking incessantly and without apparent objective other than asking. This has nothing to do with just the NAM, but everything in the SC4 world and life in general.

Cheers
Willy

AngryBirdsFan436

Okay, I'll just chill now and wait for 3/1 to do some bug reporting, etc. ;)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Haljackey

Looks like Project Symphony works with a multi-highway setup:

I might want to do something about those trees though.  :P

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Haljackey on February 18, 2013, 09:30:45 PM
I might want to do something about those trees though.

I'm guessing that, judging from old videos where you had planted trees along the sides of an MHW (but still on the MHW tile itself), the MHW "bounding box" is still applying itself to the PS models.

It looks better if it were just bushes, not fully-grown trees. (It'd look weird with fully-grown trees. inb6 plant barrier mod.)
<INACTIVE>
-----

Haljackey

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on February 18, 2013, 09:45:08 PM

I'm guessing that, judging from old videos where you had planted trees along the sides of an MHW (but still on the MHW tile itself), the MHW "bounding box" is still applying itself to the PS models.

It looks better if it were just bushes, not fully-grown trees. (It'd look weird with fully-grown trees. inb6 plant barrier mod.)

Yup pretty much. Here's a pic of the same area with Symphony removed.

Crazy how you go from 8-12 lanes and yet you still have room for a couple tree-lined medians. That should tell you that the MHW is a really tight squeeze.  :D

mike3775

I can't wait for symphony to be released.  I will be using it along with RHW now

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: mike3775 on February 19, 2013, 05:23:58 PM
I can't wait for symphony to be released.  I will be using it along with RHW now

The moment always seems so far away, and yet here we are on March 1. Since there is less than 17 hours left until midnight March 2 in the Pacific Time Zone, within that time I expect to have NAM 31 (along with Symphony) installed and ready to rumble.

Patricius Maximus

Well, I guess I have the honor of being the first non-NAMite to post an interchange using Symphony components. I believe it is of relevance to this thread. MandelSoft has done a great job with the Symphony project, and NAM 31 is turning out to be a powerful and intuitive mod.

Paul 999

Thanks for the new NAM! I spotted a bug in project Symphony, all the overpass puzzle pieces give the old texture after plopping.  I used the euro texture version.

This mod give the maxis highway a total new life, and i think that i go use this mod.

MandelSoft

Odd, I've seen other people installing it without problems. Have you checked if you installed the Euro Textures from the latest NAM?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: Paul 999 on March 02, 2013, 06:30:48 AM
Thanks for the new NAM! I spotted a bug in project Symphony, all the overpass puzzle pieces give the old texture after plopping.  I used the euro texture version.

This mod give the maxis highway a total new life, and i think that i go use this mod.

I can only say something like this for the ped-over- /underpass... seems like they aren't in a new look. Let's check for more  :-\

Edit: I can only speak for the american set. :D

Edit2:

I'll update the pic if I find more ;)

Paul 999

Yes, but i say it wrong not puzzle pieces. I mean the RHW network viaducts. Here is a picture,

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE