• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis Highway Override (Project Symphony) - Development & Support

Started by MandelSoft, October 31, 2012, 09:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

Quote from: Durfsurn on November 13, 2012, 12:35:25 AM
Will this draggable feature be made possible to make quick and easy diamonds

No. This is one thing I explicitly decided to not include because it's not hard at all to make one with the RHW pieces.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, I meant the 4 level stack. Here's the diagram:

Sorry for PNGs! :) Will you make modified FlexFly ramps for the 4 level stack
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

dragonshardz

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on November 13, 2012, 07:27:51 PM

With the next release of RHW, this should be possible without using MHW.

Haljackey

The 4 level stack is considered the holy grail of RHW modding. The Maxis Highway already has a stack piece included by the NAM... I wonder how difficult it would be to make a project Symphony variant. I would assume it would be quite the task, as only 1 of the 3 Maxis Highway Stack pieces for the NAM was actually made.

If you want to see the other examples, pay a visit to my SC4 archives thread (link in my signature).

Dino007

Can you also make acceleration/deceleration lanes?

And about the project:  :thumbsup: &apls :o ()flower()
TIGR

MandelSoft

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on November 13, 2012, 07:27:51 PM

I knew exactly what you meant. See Reply #96.

Quote from: Dino007 on November 15, 2012, 12:12:37 AM
Can you also make acceleration/deceleration lanes?

And about the project:  :thumbsup: &apls :o ()flower()
Currently, that would remain on the scope of the RHW at the moment. Maybe next version, but not now. There's still quite some basic stuff I need to do...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

apeguy

Some excellent stuff I've been seeing here, especially the roundabout interchanges. I'm looking forward to seeing this released, I've always been put off by the unrealistic scale of the MHW, yet it can be quite useful in some circumstances. I think this will definitely encourage more people to use the MHW. Keep up the excellent work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

sneekypetepuma

Quote from: sneekypetepuma on November 10, 2012, 04:47:10 PM
Do you think you might be able to make some flyover pieces... I was feeling nostalgic about Sim City and would like to play it again...

Perhaps I should have been more descriptive:  flyover ramps that can go 3 levels or more... not just a curved bridge like the one that has been released already...

MandelSoft

^^ No need to double-quote your post. And no, that's still far away from a development point of view...

ivo_su

Maarten, I would ask you to show a photo of another interesting thing about Project Symphony. When I look at the development of your models I really feel the ultimate pleasure. I can say hand on heart that I am a true fan of your work.

MandelSoft

Symphony goes underground... literaly:

Other neat stuff you can do with Symphony:

FAMHW:

Four level combinations of T-Stacks

(Note: missing model has been fixed)

Some diagonal transitions:

Well, those are my treats of today ;)

Best,
Maarten

xannepan

Simcoug

mave94

Treats!? This is just amazing, fantastic! :thumbsup: Just too much teasers for today. :D

sunv123

This makes me think, should I use MHW, or should I use RHW? They both are basically RHW right?

Yes! FAMHW and MHW/RHW Tunnels! :satisfied:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Gugu3

Simply amazing is all that I can say! &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
with this stuff and the new RHW we will have a sort of new game to play with! :thumbsup:

Indiana Joe

Every time I check this thread, I have to change my pants...

Brilliant as always Maarten.  Keep up the good work!  &apls

noahclem

Spectacular work   &apls   Diagonal on-slopes and avenue transitions, FA, tunnels and more  :o  And the medians are there through curves and everything, wish 6C had that! One small thing I noticed is the tunnel entrance/exits seem blocked by that light bar inside.

Fantastic!

teddyrised

I couldn't thank you more for sharing the really spectacular work! To be honest, I really didn't expect FAR pieces to be included in project symphony... so it's definitely a very pleasant surprise.

More importantly, it's now possible to create RHW tunnels (sort of) with the remodelled maxis highway tunnels. Woohoo to unified look :)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: teddyrised on November 20, 2012, 03:29:20 PM
More importantly, it's now possible to create RHW tunnels (sort of) with the remodelled maxis highway tunnels.

It's still considered impossible since you're still using another network's tunnels.

Quote from: noahclem on November 20, 2012, 03:18:13 PM
One small thing I noticed is the tunnel entrance/exits seem blocked by that light bar inside.

Actually, those lights (and those are the kinds of lights that tell you which lanes are open or not) are fastened above the tunnel entrance.

Quote from: sunv123 on November 20, 2012, 01:27:27 PM
This makes me think, should I use MHW, or should I use RHW? They both are basically RHW right?

To answer your second question, it's technically not RHW, even though it relies on bits and pieces of the RHW, and is supposed to make you think like you're using RHW, but it's simply not RHW.

To answer your first question,... Use both. You know you want to. (And to answer the question you're probably gonna ask, yes, you can use both RHW and PS at the same time.)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums