• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livin in Sim

Hey, everyone,

Nice projects going on, SC keeps us quite busy, eh?  threestooges, I'd like to see more of your timber industry if you've got any more development, and the rural area did benefit from the changes IMO.  Masochist, that beach is quite unusual and dramatic, I like the mystery about it.  mightygoose and belfastuniguy, those are some nice rugged regions.  football_fever, that looks like something out of Star Wars or something, how did you terraform so squarely?  beebs, I follow your masterpiece at ST, and it's been an eventful ride.

Well, my project is not much comparably, but one step of it is finished.  My farming village tile, Robertson is complete.  On to the next city in the region of which you will hopefully be seeing more.  Here's the overview:

I will be posting some highlights of this region here and there in the next few days.  Thanks for looking; comments and suggestions are welcome.

Bye for now.

--Liv

Emperor Stormont

The Imperial Kingdom of Atlantis has a new National Stadium complex.

Just finished it in time for the URSC-SCJU Sim Calcio Tournament.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

keithsed

Belfastuniguy:

Great use of water and terraforming skills.  Makes me want to redo one of my cities to match. 

Keith

P.S.  We're going to visit Belfast next month on a cruise.  I expect to see you at the dock waving a SC4 flag.  Ha!  Ha! 

Keith

keithsed

Livin in Sim:

Great farm land.  I would like to see a close up of the details. 

Keith

M4346

Well, this is not as much a city-building current project of mine, as it is a region-building project.  ;D

As stated elsewhere, reading JRR Tolkien's "The Silmarillion" has renewed my interest, and indeed proliferated my obsession if you will, with Tolkien's universe, Eä. So here's my on-going project to integrate and interpret Endor, more commonly known as Middle-Earth, into SimCity 4.

The map was provided by Heblem and is available here (in three formats) -> Click! It is not strictly accurate or in anyway canonical as it adds lands further to the south that Tolkien himself never even mentioned or perhaps, dreamt of in his wildest dreams.  :P

Anyway, I'm in the process of opening and saving each of the large city tiles (10x11 in total) and doing some minor terraforming - especially on the rivers.  ;D It's not accurate or to scale (as far as I can see) and I don't intend for it to be either. My purpose for this is more than 6 000 years after the War of the Ring as it played out in the Third Age. In my mind, this is located firmly within the 7th Age. More specifically, 61 years into the 7th Age.  $%Grinno$%

I guess it's time to shut-up and show you what I've been on about.  :P

Click for larger image
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Yoman

Just need to get Mt. Doom (think that was the name?) to explode and it will be perfect, an excellent map Marius!

M4346

Thank you Owen!  ;D

On the subject of Mt. Doom (yes, it was correct), I have also found this map -> Click! (by Japamala) which happens to be a very accurate representation and interpretation of the Gondor, Mordor and parts of Rohan map at the end of the Lord of the Rings book.  ;D I was very pleased with the accuracy and scale of the map and have decided to fire it up in-game too.  :D

It's an 8x8 (large city tiles) map.

Click for larger version. Also if the small, .png file doesn't show -> Click!

I have been busy tree-ifying it. :P
New Horizons Productions

Toichus Maximus

That looks great. I've always thought the mouth of the Anduin in the maps to be a more artistic representation than actuality, with the long thin fingers. It'd be interesting to change them around a bit.

And Nen Hithoel should be raised up for the rauros falls :p

M4346

Quote from: Toichus Maximus on October 18, 2007, 11:10:51 AM
That looks great. I've always thought the mouth of the Anduin in the maps to be a more artistic representation than actuality, with the long thin fingers. It'd be interesting to change them around a bit.

A quote from the great JRR Tolkien himself:
Quote...as for the shape of the world of the Third Age, I am afraid that was devised 'dramatically', rather than geologically, or paleontologically.
From here -> Click! :D (Although I think that site's map is utter crap :P)

I rather like the 'finger' delta of the Anduin. I think it's justifiable in the light of the deltas of the Nile and Niger rivers in Africa. ;)

QuoteAnd Nen Hithoel should be raised up for the rauros falls :P

One day, when someone figures out how to make Maxis water be visible on and run down from higher elevations - to form a waterfall - then it will indeed be shown as such, until then, there shall be no complaints, okay? :P
New Horizons Productions

Toichus Maximus

M4346

I've decided to re-render the terrain using the Meadowshire Terrain mod... I think it does more justice to the area. :P I'll have a pic later. :P

And I don't like being poked... Are you a Facebooker?  $%Grinno$%  :D
New Horizons Productions

Toichus Maximus

Nope, don't waste my time with that stuff.

iamgoingtoeatyou

that's a beautiful map -m-! i have a quick question, which rock mod do you use because your mountains looks amazing! :thumbsup:

Yoman

I challenge you to build Minus Tirith :P That is a great map, I especially like the mountains, with the excellently detailed rock facades.

Haljackey

Well, its not a current project, but it was something I was working on alongside with Frankie_grove (a member at ST) a while ago.  I have dug up these two photos.  They are medians/walls/lights for the RHW network.  I hope you like them:

(Note the original RHW texture, indicating that its old! This project has come a LONG way! ;))

And for my Multi-RHW Network:

bat

Great pictures of your current projects @ all! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

Masochist

Hmmm...been a while since I visited this thread.

Well, if you remember waaaaaay back when I posted [this post], you'll remember my three-fold project.  Well...it's been scrapped.  I realized the region was too large in scale for what I wanted to do...so I made a new one based off of that one, except on a much smaller scale. 

With this new region, I decided to work backwards.  Instead of building the city and then building the seaport, I decided to work on the seaport first.  This was the preliminary work area of the seaport (based on the one in the first region, of course):

Then I went through some threads, read through emilin's "Build A Port" tutorial, and decided that that was too basic.  So I changed it:

And then I built the seaport itself.  I paid very close attention to emilin's tutorial, because I wanted my port to look good.  It started out like this:

I did a bit of rearranging, tried to use as many different port sets as I could for the different arms.  I've been working on it for a while now, and it's pretty close to being finished.  Here's what it looks like currently:

So that's what I've been doing for the past couple of nights or so.  Next up will be the industrial area to the north, as well as the recreational harbor on the opposite side of the industrial ones:

If you'd like to see more pictures of this Seaport, [click here].

I'd really like your input on this seaport.  This is the very first large-scale seaport I've ever done, and the largest custom-content project I've ever undertaken.  If you have any pointers on how I might make it better, please let me know!
(Under Construction)

bat

That seaport is looking really great! Wonderful work on it, Masochist!  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

Here's my rebuilding of Historic Wirt...

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

greenbelt

%BUd%  Love those cobblestone streets.  Where did you get those?!