• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Hah, sometimes we start our best regions by accident ;) Looking nice, I would like to see that side finished :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

compdude787

Nice bridge, Vortext! Yeah, this region is going to be totally different from your medieval one, that's for sure!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vortext

Three evenings in and the highway through this tile - Broughton - is complete, though I do have to smooth out some parts still. It's a bumpy ride around the bend to the bridge.  ;D

And yeah, definitely is different. Doing a historic region is fun and all, but it does take some spontaneity out the game since I make every friggin' lot myself - not complaining though as I enjoy lotting as well. It's just fun playing with all the great content out there once in a while.  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mgb204

How is it that a simple overhead view from you still manages to capture little details? I'm not sure how far your foray into a more modern region will go, but I look forward to seeing your progress.

compdude787

Wow, that town looks really nice so far!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

kbieniu7

Very nice, I love that stream layout! And the small developement climbing shyly on the hill... lovely, just like in reality  ()stsfd()
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Themistokles

Quote from: Ralfger on January 16, 2016, 07:20:40 AM
A service area next to the A423 [...]

Unfortunately, I can't see your images... following the link, it says I have to log in %confuso
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Ralfger

Oops. Deleted the old one and fixed the problem in a new post:

A service areanext to A 243

The adjacent Motel

gtaman

Fabio Costa

My current project is the city of Journey.

When I finish, it will be an 4/6mi inhabitants city, with an port, airport, expressways, rail and subway systems,

Expressways projects are done, with 5 expressways

-Via Expressa GreenBelt (Green Belt Expressway): Delineates the end of the urban side of the city, and the beginning of the Greenbelt. It's an RHW-4 With 2 RWH-4/OWR-2 to domestic traffic and intersections with the other expressways

-Via Expressa Norte-Sul/(North-South Expressway): In the Major Part, goes side-by-side with Journey River, and it will demand an retification of the river in the CBD. It's an RHW-10 in the two sides of Journey river.

-Via Expressa Leste-Oeste (East-West Expressway): Goes from the East side to West side of GreenBelt Expy. In the way, it founds the city centre, and intercept with Via Expressa Norte-Sul. Has an Beautiful bridge linking both sides of the expressway. It's a RHW-4 With OWR-2 in both sides to domestic traffic. Sometimes, it converts to RHW-8.

Bridge over Journey River (Naming wrights at sale)

-Via Expressa Porto-Aeroporto (Port-Airport Expressway): It's a Project, Linking The port to the airport without going to the city centre, not wasting time. Can be fully replaced with an BRT Line or for Line 1 of Journey's Subway System, called "Metro". 

- Via Expressa Jayme Costa (Jayme Costa Expressway): Connects Alternatively Via Expressa Norte-Sul to Via Expressa GreenBelt, but the principal function its to connects the airport with the same name to the rest of the city.

Interchange between Jayme Costa Expy. and GreenBelt Expy.

Commuter Rail System. Red Boxes are final stops.

Sorry for my bad english and paint skills!

Themistokles

gtaman, they might be in SCF's european truck pack: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/25607-european-truck-prop-pack-vol-1/ (images are gone because of ld-host, so it's kind of a guesswork) but bear in mind that these are only props, no automata.

Fabio Costa, looks good! I think you could expand on the commuter rail network, though, at least with one line to the airport (that is, unless you're planning to build a very "anti-dense" city, like Phoenix).
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Fabio Costa

I'm Thinking in the possibilities... Rail, in the concept of that city, have the goal to connect who doesn't have any way to reach the CBD, like the expressways, water, or subway system. In that map, we have a lot of water, and will be an crime don't using it as an mass transit, using freight.

koanxd

Somehow I lost interest in simcity about five years ago, I even deleted my plugins. Now I have 10GB of plugins again, and I haven't even started a city. I've also prepared a region that will probably keep me busy forever...

It's a replica from another game that is as old as Simcity4 and is still being played as well. In the unlikely event that someone will recognize it, I will open an old blue box for you.

And now I will go back to lurking mode, just wanted to show something =D

APSMS

What terrain mod is that, that gave you such vibrantly different terrain in the same region?

Also, welcome to the forums! I know you've been lurking forever, but pull up a chair and stay awhile. We'd love to have you!

EDIT: I know what game it's from, but only because I recognize obvious filenames. I've never played the game in question; looks like a wonderful, large map to play on in SC4 though.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Swordmaster

Interesting! I think different terrain mods were loaded to save different areas of the region?

Also, avoid lurking. It's infectious.

Cheers
Willy

koanxd

Swordmaster is right, I'm actually using 7 terrain mods in combination with 6 tree mod setups, 2 beach mods and 3 rock mods. Transitions are either limitless beach or covered with trees. I don't want to enjoy just one climate!

@APSMS: the filename is a giveaway if you've played it, but if not, hmm. There must be other games with norse mythology in them.

APSMS

@koanxd: Nah, I doubt it. I don't really play video games much. Just SC4 at home, and sometimes at my friends' house if it's the flavor of the weekend.

But Google Search is my friend; so is random data collection, both of which helped me identify the game in question.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

belfastsocrates

Had to redo this residential area thanks to a save file corruption. That area is complete and the large blank space is going to be a large hospital site. I need to plan how to arrange it and create some new lots for the site. Not sure if it's large enough but this will be one of a few major hospitals in Passau.

This area is almost complete also, I just need to fill some blank space, mainly on the diagonal streets and some other tweaks such as flora.

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

FrankU

Gugu3