• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: joelyboy911 on January 23, 2012, 03:51:17 AM
I know! I was just saying that I'm glad you're enjoying the creations

And I know, that you know... you know? :D

so, another picture... this time of shuttle terminal no. 1 as I may call it:

The inner part is where busses can depart and arrive ;)

Quotedo you by any chance remember where you got the building from, that you are using as the main terminal?

here you go:

http://tadasu29.sakura.ne.jp/bat-ALLstyle.html

best regards ;)

art128

Ingenious, I never tried to do that sort of depart/Arrival station for my airport's buses. You gave me plenty of idea! ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: art128 on January 23, 2012, 09:20:55 AM
You gave me plenty of idea! ;)

great to hear so :thumbsup: maybe I can give someone else an idea using the next picture... It's a short-haul terminal for small planes up to Boeing 737-700's just in front of the large international terminal (had to fill the gap there):

I think joelyboy enjoys again to SCAG's planes over there ;) (I love this 717!)

btw. the small tower is just for handling all those planes on ground :thumbsup:

art128

Interesting indeed... I'm wondering, they get to that terminal by a tunnel under the taxiways, right ? About the tower, I agree with you. I've seen - I don't remember where - A real airport with more than one tower so that they can handle the enormous amount of planes coming by the airport.

Also, great idea to combine the old terminal with Tokyo haneda's one, very creative and the result is well done and good looking.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: art128 on January 23, 2012, 12:37:39 PM
Interesting indeed... I'm wondering, they get to that terminal by a tunnel under the taxiways, right ?

yes, the do ;) but I've added also a bus terminal now.

I think that KSFO has two towers if I'm not wrong ;)

regards

Edit - Update!

I finished the second bus terminal as you can see on the following overview:

A close up:

j-dub

Hopefully a month is not too long apart. See attached.

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Risu

C'mon Terring, you can do better than that. What happened? This is not your best; I've seen it. Keep on building!

Quote from: Frank 8U
Here is Welsum. Boring, isn't it?

Then I filled it up with a real "first year's players" grid, with only one deviation: the two "central" axes that cross in the second tile from south and the second from west.

Still quite boring, right?

Then I added the rivers: all plopped Jeronij Canals. Here and there I added some bridges.
It becomes more interesting now, or not?

Now I added the Highways. Mostly sunken ones. I never used the RHW, I didn't feel like them.

And then the city building started.
This is how the region looks now.

One of the main goals is also to break the grid, play with it and use it for my own purposes. I hope there will be some interesting developments.

I'm starting to adopt your method, Frank 8U. All's I hafta do is learn how to quit hesitating from demolishing & altering road networks. I gotta train myself not to think everything is set in stone and can't be changed once established. Otherwise I'll forever be stumped on where to start.

riiga

Nice projects everyone!

I have several ones I'm working on. In this town I've been expanding the farms to get a more rural landscape:

Final result:

I've also been working on a BAT project, making a pedestrian/bicycle overpass for RHW and Avenuve (or any 2-tile network). The height is 8 m.
Preview render:

and in-game (not final lot :P):

Kergelen

Great idea riiga. I like the pedestrian overpass  :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

WC_EEND

ooh, that overpass is looking thather excellent.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Bluemoose

Quote from: riiga on April 08, 2012, 09:01:38 AM
Nice projects everyone!

I have several ones I'm working on. In this town I've been expanding the farms to get a more rural landscape:

Final result:

I've also been working on a BAT project, making a pedestrian/bicycle overpass for RHW and Avenuve (or any 2-tile network). The height is 8 m.
Preview render:

and in-game (not final lot :P):

Hello riiga!  That overpass looks great!  I wonder if you could share which paths you are using.  I've been seeing them all over and can't locate them on any exchange.  Thanks in advance!

riiga

Quote from: Bluemoose on April 08, 2012, 02:38:57 PM
Hello riiga!  That overpass looks great!  I wonder if you could share which paths you are using.  I've been seeing them all over and can't locate them on any exchange.  Thanks in advance!
Thank you! The paths are my own creation and are available on the STEX (link).

Terring7

Risu this is a way-in-the-beginning project ;D
riiga great stuff :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Risu

Ryan B.

Current projects, eh?

A little something I'm working on . . . . custom pavement markings via the BAT!

Thoughts / opinons?

Flatron

I don't know what it is like in the US, but I've never seen a highwaysign indicating north, west, east or south, because nobody has a compass in his brain so it's better to indicate major cities and towns, I think.
@riiga: great you inspire me &apls

Jeroentje

Quote from: Ryan B. on April 09, 2012, 08:35:20 PM
Current projects, eh?

A little something I'm working on . . . . custom pavement markings via the BAT!

Thoughts / opinons?

Looks great! I've missed these things in the game... So, keep on working! :thumbsup:

RickD

Great project, Ryan.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Flatron on April 10, 2012, 12:48:11 AM
I don't know what it is like in the US, but I've never seen a highwaysign indicating north, west, east or south, because nobody has a compass in his brain so it's better to indicate major cities and towns, I think.
@riiga: great you inspire me &apls
It is different in the US. They do indeed use cardinal directions a lot. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)