• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramona Brie

Yeah. I did that a long time ago because I was tired of cities that would not really run while a dialog box was up.

ThomasAH

I'm trying to build a Japanese-style city. Unfortunately, I have never visited Japan, so constructive criticism is welcome!
By the way, I'm using Chinese and Korean buildings as well, so you might notice Chinese and Korean characters. The problem is that there aren't a lot of Japanese bats. I hope you guys can forgive me for that.

The waterfront still needs to be developed

Suburbs

Trying something new with the diagonal bridges mod :-)

Thanks!

apeguy

ThomasAH, that's very good so far, I think you've got the japanese style perfectly, and it'll be interesting to see how the diagonal waterfront will look when it's done. That cloverleaf over water is a very good idead btw. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Lowkee33

Hi ThomasAH, nice pictures.  Please don't post images in PNG format, this page takes me about 3 minutes to load.  Try jpeg, or perhaps only give links to the picture, thanks.

ThomasAH

@ apeguy
Thanks! I might start a MD in a couple of weeks. Depends on how this city will turn out :-)

@ Lowkee33
Oops, I forgot about that! Has been at least five years since I posted pictures on SC4devotion or simtropolis. I have changed the pictures into jpg's.

Lach77

Question for you Thomas - On your second picture where did you find that one way road overpass that splits into the 2 separate lanes and then merges between the ground and raised avenues?

ThomasAH

Quote from: Lach77 on January 22, 2012, 05:07:19 AM
Question for you Thomas - On your second picture where did you find that one way road overpass that splits into the 2 separate lanes and then merges between the ground and raised avenues?

It's on this Japanese site:
http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/
Scroll down and click on 'transport'. It should be on that page. Can't give a direct link for some sort of reason.

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: ThomasAH on January 22, 2012, 11:50:42 AM

Scroll down and click on 'transport'. It should be on that page. Can't give a direct link for some sort of reason.

Bripizza is one of my favourite BATers.

ThomasAH

He has some very interesting BATs, yes.
There are actually a lot of good Japanese sc4 sites. Too bad it's sometimes a bit difficult to navigate through those sites as a non-Japanese speaker :P

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: ThomasAH on January 22, 2012, 02:45:23 PM
He has some very interesting BATs, yes.
There are actually a lot of good Japanese sc4 sites. Too bad it's sometimes a bit difficult to navigate through those sites as a non-Japanese speaker :P

Which browser do you use? Google Chrome offers to translate pages for you.

ThomasAH

Quote from: Gurning_Chimp on January 22, 2012, 02:57:03 PM

Even with Google translate it can be difficult. The translations are often awful and it's easy to misunderstand something important.
But then again, it's worth the trouble :P

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: ThomasAH on January 22, 2012, 03:28:08 PM
Quote from: Gurning_Chimp on January 22, 2012, 02:57:03 PM

Even with Google translate it can be difficult. The translations are often awful and it's easy to misunderstand something important.
But then again, it's worth the trouble :P

Oh definitely. Bripizza's el-rail over road stations are awesome!

Lach77

Quote from: ThomasAH on January 22, 2012, 11:50:42 AM

Thankyou

[Delta ²k5]

There goes another one...

maybe this time I'll finish it... just waiting for new runways as all time :P

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

joelyboy911

Wow, that is really cool! Just seeing a couple of my planes in there is really gratifying. Glad you're enjoying some of the creations!

I also really like the integration of the terminal types, and the road/rail/carparking system. I could never really master those myself!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: joelyboy911 on January 23, 2012, 03:11:02 AM
Wow, that is really cool! Just seeing a couple of my planes in there is really gratifying. Glad you're enjoying some of the creations!

I also really like the integration of the terminal types, and the road/rail/carparking system. I could never really master those myself!

Thank you for these kind words ;) I had also to take many trys till I made it to this point... most of my airports were "San Francisco - style" but they didn't look good in any way...

There are not only your planes but also many from the AC team and Bripizza. You'll also notice the Airport roads: I made a new textureset that can be used with 747-style gates and aprons and a new gateway lot to fit A380's passengerway position... ;)

joelyboy911

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on January 23, 2012, 03:18:15 AM
There are not only your planes but also many from the AC team and Bripizza.

I know! I was just saying that I'm glad you're enjoying the creations - and seeing airport pictures is the best reward for the work that goes into releasing the BATs.  ;D

Anyway, I'm very impressed by your airport building all around. I'd love to see more pictures too!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Jaris

@ Delta 2k5

really nice airport  :thumbsup:
do you by any chance remember where you got the building from, that you are using as the main terminal?

JoeST

Quote from: ThomasAH on January 20, 2012, 07:10:27 AM

Trying something new with the diagonal bridges mod :-)
That works surprisingly well :D thanks for sharing.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms