• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Don't know if I agree with that, but if you do use 6s, I think its okay if you leave the retaining walls there, rather then demolishing them for the shoulder.

Kitsune

Quote from: mrtnrln on April 23, 2011, 08:50:45 AM
Looks nice, but I would make longer accelleration/decelleration/merging-lanes. Actually, all three exits could be connected with stretches of RHW-6S instead of RHW-4. This would be more realistic.

yes it would ... but when I was in Tokyo.... some of the expressways where elevated with 2 lanes per direction (and clogged too). This is actually my first new region since I've been to Tokyo, and some of my design elements for this region are with Tokyo in mind.
~ NAM Team Member

Risu

Quote from: Kitsune on April 23, 2011, 06:49:21 AM
one is going to be reserved for high density res (3x2) + 3 1x1 parks... the other not sure yet. And yes... I like the OWR idea.... I need something to seperate the area's cleanly.
What I use for that are Marrast avenue dividers. They're 1x2 and 1x3 lots that you can stick between OWRs for just such a purpose. Here's the link.

jibjohn

Quote from: Kitsune on April 23, 2011, 10:26:54 AM
yes it would ... but when I was in Tokyo.... some of the expressways where elevated with 2 lanes per direction (and clogged too). This is actually my first new region since I've been to Tokyo, and some of my design elements for this region are with Tokyo in mind.

in the UK you also get a lot of shortsightedness with highway planing, setups like this (one of the Runcorn (near liverpool) "expressways") are commenplace (do a 180 degree turn);

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Norfolk,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.317461,-2.739748&spn=0.00316,0.013733&z=17&layer=c&cbll=53.317528,-2.739995&panoid=7N1VG_ejwaMq6JYdON-xvw&cbp=12,116.51,,0,12.09

it's the same in London where the infamous and extensive ringways plan was to be almost exclusively 2 lanes in each direction (most inner-city sections which were built are):

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=http:%2F%2Fwww.cbrd.co.uk%2Fhistories%2Fringways%2Fmap%2Fringways-detail.kmz&ie=UTF8&t=k&z=9

John

Lowkee33

An update on the suburbs.  Dropped the amount of Stage 1 lots to 10: 6 Front lots and 2 lots per each corner.  Stage 2 only has 8 lots because it is getting pretty cramped: 4 fronts and 2 per corner.  Stage 3 was very cramped, and only 1 per corner are made.  The up side of stage 3 being on the corners only is that when the growth is complete, all corners are properly filled.  Now just looking for houses of similar size.  The next building model will be larger and replace one of the buildings on the stage 2 front lots, be a stage 3, and also the driveway prop to be upgraded.  It will have a stage 4 corner piece(s), so that as the stages increase, the streets can be upgraded to a less rural texture.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: though now that I think about it, the Stage 2s can be a little more varied by moving the hoses a little.

vortext

still needs some work though . .  ::)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Risu

That's a great start for a colonial city!

travismking

that looks FANTASTIC, great custom lotting, I like how it is functional, and looks completely plopped :) You have put a LOT of work into this city, And Im excited to see more of it

Allein

Biriali

That looks nice  :)

Here's my current project: a containerport. Currently I'm still only working on the railyard. Here's my progress so far

The full scale image can be seen here

:satisfied:
Nemo sobrius saltaret

kbieniu7

Wow! Looks great, especially with this viaduct! Lot of work you have done  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Biriali

I've been building a bit more on my port (though I'm still only working with the railyard  $%Grinno$% )

Nemo sobrius saltaret

FrankU

Looks nice! Is it indeed my warehouse set you are using?

teddyrised

Quote from: Biriali on May 15, 2011, 05:00:17 AM
I've been building a bit more on my port (though I'm still only working with the railyard  $%Grinno$% )

Nice railyard! It actually reminds me of the Randers railyard I saw in Denmark. Really, really interesting - and I like it that you used elevated rail to connected to the bridge. Brilliant idea :D

jacksunny

I'm currently working on a forest for my MD. It will look better when the trees are fully grown.

Biriali

Quote from: FrankU on May 15, 2011, 05:21:05 AM
Looks nice! Is it indeed my warehouse set you are using?

Why, yes it is. And I use your prop families too all the time  ;D

Quote from: teddyrised on May 15, 2011, 06:20:32 AM
Nice railyard! It actually reminds me of the Randers railyard I saw in Denmark. Really, really interesting - and I like it that you used elevated rail to connected to the bridge. Brilliant idea :D
As far as I know, there's only one railyard in Randers, and that one is quite small. But then again I'm not that well acquainted with the city of Randers. Are you perhaps from there?
Nemo sobrius saltaret

Risu

@ Biriali:- How did you get the viaduct puzzle piece to lead right into the bridge like that?

Biriali

Quote from: SimRisu on May 15, 2011, 06:38:22 PM
@ Biriali:- How did you get the viaduct puzzle piece to lead right into the bridge like that?

In the newest NAM (or maybe it is an addon  %wrd - I can't remember it exactly) there are some rail bridges included, that are raised exactly 15,5 meters, so they will fit the elevated rail puzzle pieces.
Nemo sobrius saltaret

FrankU

This puzzles me too.

Doesn't a bridge start at a raised ground level? I always need a piece of ground to start my bridges. Did I overlook something?

samerton

@ FrankU: The amazing Nardo69 created a tutorial for it. You can find it here:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=793.msg358395#msg358395   ;)