• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Quote from: FrankU on March 21, 2011, 05:03:25 AM

Hey, that top windmill is actually not too far away from me, except I don't think the colors don't look bright and new wood like that anymore, you know, aging? Too bad restrictions don't allow both the blades to rotate, and have the top change directions.

huntingfire

Quote from: Haljackey on March 05, 2011, 07:52:46 PM
Any ideas where I might find this mod? I searched the LEX and STEX for a bit but couldn't find it.

I have the Census Repository Vault but it doesn't seem to do anything about it.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  :)

There is a farm mod by uroncha, I haven't tried it yet so I have no insight.
But according to the description it converts demand in C$ to IR.
BTW its not CAM-compatible.

Terring7

Haljackey did you tried the Pegasus SkyFarms? Just place as many as you want and they'll bring plenty of food to your Sims :thumbsup:

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

FrankU

Quote from: j-dub on March 21, 2011, 09:04:01 AM
Hey, that top windmill is actually not too far away from me, except I don't think the colors don't look bright and new wood like that anymore, you know, aging? Too bad restrictions don't allow both the blades to rotate, and have the top change directions.

Hi, yes restrictions restrictions....
There is actually one windmill with rotating blades: the Stellingmolen by Meurdoos. It's on some of my other lots, although I use the non-animated version.
The mill you quote is made by Oppie, long long ago before we found out animated windmills are possible.

If you look closely there are more things that don't really correspond with reality. The rooftop should not a be half dome, but a dome-like shape made of flat surfaces covered by reed (?). The mill itself should also be covered with reed, not with shingles. But I was happy to find a windmill at all, so you don't hear me complain.

j-dub

I thought the dome was just because of graphic restrictions, because from here, it does not look like a perfectly round dome, there is somewhat an illusion of straight lines.

Lowkee33

You know, Flora might be a good way to simulate aging.  The properties that define the timing are not restricted to one year (like props that need to start on a specific day).  I think the most reasonable thing to try first is building families that just have different colors... hmm.  So many things got "turned off" for the Maxis Release, maybe one day everything will be flora  :D

FrankU

Lowkee, you were talking about the aging of the mill? That is gets older and older after plopping? That would be.... well... flabbergasting (is this an old fashioned word or not?).

SCWTC4

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

peter007

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Good job to everyone. SCWTC4 that oil refinery is really outstanding.  :thumbsup:
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Lowkee33

:) Agreed.

@FrankU:  If you know of a building you want to see change I could try it out.  I am currently trying real hard not to start my progress on playing this game all over. ::)

25 building .descs, 16 lots, 1 base texture with 10 random FSH, 6 fence props, 1 offset driveway prop and a slight mod to a T21 later...  The R$1_1x3s with that packed in feel just need some plants.

travismking

I really like those houses lowkee, and nice lotting too :) Hope you decide to release them :)

Lowkee33

Thanks Travis.  Unfortunately, the amount of modding I did (pretty much from the model on up), means I can't release these as a whole.  I could possibly release the random textures (although, they too are in a MEGA pack).  I should also probably make more than one driveway for a release.  Progress will be made in some direction :)

Girafe

hehe, you hidde me things Carl  $%#Ninj2

anyway really good job, I assume that you need some flora  :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

FrankU

Hi Carl, Dont let me distract you from your projects.

I have some comment on your images:
- I see some very nice textures. On some of them the edges are a bit too blurred in my opinion. Seen form the heigth we see the villages the edges of these small gardenplots should be a bit more sharp, in my opinion.
- And secondly: wouldn't it be nicer to have the crops and flowers as props on the empty land? We could make them seasonal etc...etc..
- The fences: most of them are yours? They are very nice.
- I like the driveways! It would be good to have a (MEGA?) pack of driveways like these for all kinds of roads and streets.

Lowkee33

Thanks for more comments :).

@Girafe:  Get to work!  $%Grinno$%. The lots have some flora now,  I'm getting there.  The battle between Flora and Props is well on it's way on my computer.  Flora can clean the air, props can have better timing, Seasonal flora has to be planted one at a time, props look too repetitive...  I have all of Cycledogg's flowers/bushes/trees as seasonal flora, but I did it in an unsharable way.  I make progress on that, but there is a lot of stuff in CP_01. 

@FrankU:  Which is where the fences are from.  I will be thinking about the textures.  I feel that as I add small bushes this will become less apparent.  I basically made 4 lots and gave them unique textures.  I then cloned each lot four times and then gave each one a varied fence.  After posting this picture I realized that I could also variate the textures, so I did a little of that.

Right now my problem with props is making them random.  I have been avoiding seasonal props because I want a tree to appear only sometime on a lot.  If this is done with timed props, then you may get a spring tree, but not a summer one... 

I will try to make as much sharable things as possible :), but I predict them as being building blocks rather than new lots/buildings.  Driveways, textures, those I can do.

Edit:  For the Textures, I have BSC #2 for the various gardens, but they don't match each other on the tile's edge.  I use some overlays from the MTP to make the edges grassy (and hence the blurring).  Do you know of any overlays that are like the overlays in MTP, but wont interfere too much with the BSC base textures?

Kitsune

A residential area I'm about to start zoning......... grids? I dont need no grids !  ()stsfd()  :thumbsup:

And as a bonus.... look at the trumpet - it connects to an avenue that is directly aligned to sunken RHW-4 (yes, I also like creating traffic nightmares  ;D)

(and pssh.... this is going to be a pain to zone... and I need to re-dl gimp again)
~ NAM Team Member

Risu

That looks great! Personally what I'd do, is upgrade those parallel strips of street going up & down to ingame OWRs. (Minor pet peeve.) Also, what's gonna go on that traffic island in the middle of the interchange?

Kitsune

one is going to be reserved for high density res (3x2) + 3 1x1 parks... the other not sure yet. And yes... I like the OWR idea.... I need something to seperate the area's cleanly.
~ NAM Team Member

MandelSoft

Looks nice, but I would make longer accelleration/decelleration/merging-lanes. Actually, all three exits could be connected with stretches of RHW-6S instead of RHW-4. This would be more realistic.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE