• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

cammo2003

Decided to dust off Ilive's Reader and tinker with one of my region transport view mods. This variant just needs finishing touches, and yes, I've integrated the RHW transport mod exemplar into this:

Alas, it appears that adding zones may cause major problems:

Yeah. Not too pretty.

Terring7

Still is pretty :)

This is the Venus Project's Circular City

This is my version. It's still under construction

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Ciuu96

^ That looks awesome! I just love these scifi or futuristic concepts of yours, some of them are really jaw dropping! Can't wait to see the final result! :thumbsup:
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

netmod

Tadaaa~!

One of my WIP's
mooooooooooooooooo...

Risu

That looks like it might be useful in the future.... Sure looks like you use a loose slope mod tho'.

Risu

scott1964

Canal system for my capital city of White Falls in my MD.  :)

:D

io_bg

Nice work, however I think the second (lower) canal lock is unnecessary ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Haljackey

Working on this hillside city.

Sadly the farms won't develop on the south side for some reason.  &mmm

Terring7

I can see plenty of skyscrapers. Perhaps your Sims are too smart to built farms.
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Rionescu

I'm pretty sure farms won't grow if the tile's population is over 50,000.

mrbisonm

There is a Mod somewhere that make grow farms at any stage of population. I have it and it works very well with a city that has over 300,000 pop.

;) Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Cali

Gotta have farms to feed all those smart hungry sims  ;D

FrankU

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 01, 2011, 10:46:47 PM
There is a Mod somewhere that make grow farms at any stage of population. I have it and it works very well with a city that has over 300,000 pop.

;) Fred

It would be nice if you could find that mod for me, at least if it is compatible with CAM (I fear it isn't, then I can't use it anyway (so don't bother then)).
Thanks in advance.

Terring7

The recreation of the Venus Project's Circular City is finally ready :)

The Venus Project proposes a Research City that would use the most sophisticated available resources and construction techniques. Its geometrically elegant and efficient circular arrangement will be surrounded by, and incorporated into the city design, parks and lovely gardens. This city will be designed to operate with the minimum expenditure of energy using the cleanest technology available, which will be in harmony with nature to obtain the highest possible standard of living for everyone. This system facilitates efficient transportation for city residents, eliminating the need for automobiles.

This is the central dome that house the core of the cybernated system, educational facilities, access center, computerized communications networking systems, health and child care facilities.

The buildings surrounding the central dome provide the community with centers for cultural activities such as the arts, theater, exhibitions, concerts, access centers, and various forms of entertainment.

Next is the design and development complex for this research and planning city.

Adjacent the research facilities are dining and other amenities.

The residential district have a variety of free form unique architecture to fulfill the various needs of the occupant.

Areas are set aside for renewable clean sources of energy such as wind generators, solar, heat concentrating systems, geothermal, photovoltaic and others. Next are the indoor hydroponic facilities and outdoor agricultural belts which will be used to grow a wide variety of organic plants without the use of pesticides. A circular waterway for irrigation and filtration surrounds the agricultural belt.

The outermost perimeter is utilized for recreational activities such as biking, golfing, hiking and riding, etc.

I hope that you like it. Any idea is welcomed :)
The Choice is Ours
---

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on March 02, 2011, 07:36:00 AM
It would be nice if you could find that mod for me, at least if it is compatible with CAM (I fear it isn't, then I can't use it anyway (so don't bother then)).
Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure that the farmmod is NOT CAM compatible, so I won't bother with searching it. Also I have enormous problems with the STEX (where I last saw it) and searching at the moment is a pain in the ....welll, somewhere. ;)

Sorry for your farms. BTW, I made all my CAM farms regular, don't need nor want CAM.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Cali

that dome looks like it took a very long time to render..lol  but it looks fantastic :thumbsup:

jmyers2043

QuoteSadly the farms won't develop on the south side for some reason.

R$ Sims like to work in dirty industry, CS$, and Farms. A well educated city of R$$$ Sims is not conducive to farm growth. The city in the above picture does not look like a R$ type of town.

Also keep in mind that all demand is regional. This means that all those R$$$ Sims in this city will have an impact on all other cities in your region and negative impact on any future rural cities you may want to create. I always get my rural country side the way I want it before trying to create a mega city.

There is a trick though. When you start your next city ... and if you want it to be rural ... do not make any neighbor connections. The demand from your mega city will not affect the new rural city until you make a connection. Basically - the new rural city will think it's a new city in a new region until you make connections. Farms should develop.

Good Luck.

By the way - where did you get that giant dome?

- Jim

QuoteI'm pretty sure farms won't grow if the tile's population is over 50,000.

That's the first time I've seen a comment like that. I've not tested that scenario but I suspect that I can create a town of 50,000 and that farms will grow. One would have to be careful not to create too much ID or CS$ - I think.  &Thk/(   

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Risu

Quote from: Terring7 on March 02, 2011, 08:11:44 AM
The recreation of the Venus Project's Circular City is finally ready :)

The Venus Project proposes a Research City that would use the most sophisticated available resources and construction techniques. Its geometrically elegant and efficient circular arrangement will be surrounded by, and incorporated into the city design, parks and lovely gardens. This city will be designed to operate with the minimum expenditure of energy using the cleanest technology available, which will be in harmony with nature to obtain the highest possible standard of living for everyone. This system facilitates efficient transportation for city residents, eliminating the need for automobiles.

This is the central dome that house the core of the cybernated system, educational facilities, access center, computerized communications networking systems, health and child care facilities.

The buildings surrounding the central dome provide the community with centers for cultural activities such as the arts, theater, exhibitions, concerts, access centers, and various forms of entertainment.

Next is the design and development complex for this research and planning city.

Adjacent the research facilities are dining and other amenities.

The residential district have a variety of free form unique architecture to fulfill the various needs of the occupant.

Areas are set aside for renewable clean sources of energy such as wind generators, solar, heat concentrating systems, geothermal, photovoltaic and others. Next are the indoor hydroponic facilities and outdoor agricultural belts which will be used to grow a wide variety of organic plants without the use of pesticides. A circular waterway for irrigation and filtration surrounds the agricultural belt.

The outermost perimeter is utilized for recreational activities such as biking, golfing, hiking and riding, etc.

I hope that you like it. Any idea is welcomed :)

It's wonderful!!! Everything anyone posts here is great.