• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toichus Maximus

They look like the rural wall set merely placed on flat ground. Having some trouble finding it for ya.

bigberta

Hi everybody, your projects look great.

Here is my latest project; It's a new european themed city:

Sunny as always :)

Andreas

I like how you used the diagonal fillers. Very creative! :)
Andreas

Schulmanator

I am seriously liking the diagonalization here! Fantabulous work!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

JBSimio

Very well done, Bigberta! &apls   :thumbsup:  &apls

It actually took me a minute to figure out which streets were on the diagonal.  That's enough to make me impressed by itself.  On top of that feat, everything fits and flows together very well too!

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

bat

That's a wonderful looking historic town there, Schulmanator! :thumbsup:

Fantastic work with these diagonal buildings, bigberta! :thumbsup:

football_fever

I've been working on a section of city that looks like Coruscant.  As far as I know, no one has come too close.

Here I laid out the underground city stuff to make it look like the ground level is way above ground

The terraformed mesas are for normal buildings to stick out over the white filler pieces, which are very tall.

Here it is mid-build

I reserved spaces for the supertalls so I could see what I was doing

Here are some pics of the nearly finished product.  I still have a lot more to do

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/football_fever/Planets/PortalisBig.jpgclick for full image
If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

oldrogue

Different...not sure what coruscant is (aside from guess of a sci-fi city?), the close ups sold me tho.......love the underground city......thats a lot of work you've put in  there......interested in seeing the final version.

Merry Christmas.
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

jplumbley

Quote from: oldrogue on December 24, 2007, 01:08:28 PM
Different...not sure what coruscant is (aside from guess of a sci-fi city?), the close ups sold me tho.......love the underground city......thats a lot of work you've put in  there......interested in seeing the final version.

Merry Christmas.

Two words.

Star Wars!

Rent it. Buy it.  WATCH IT!  :D
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

oldrogue

Ouch!  It's tough to be the "old and out of touch guy"   Havn't seen that series since the (cough cough) 4th installment.......well guess it's time to go to the video store...

Thanks jp.....

suplado!

wow -- nice cool projects around here...@ football_fever: thats a really massive project, very futuristic...

anyway -- here's my latest project!!

Haljackey

Whoa! Just awesome suplado!  Looks just like a crescent moon!

Heres something I've been working on.  Its a large interchange between two 12 lane highways.

You can click on the images to view them in FULL RESOLUTION! (1440x900 px)

Overview:  It is one massive slab of asphalt.  Most of the interchange is shown here

Here is the central stack interchange which connects the collector lanes from one highway to the other.

This is the southeast side of the interchange.  Here you see connections between express and collector lanes as well as a few ramps for local traffic.  To the left of this image is the main stack that connects the express lanes of each highway with one-another.  The proximity of the T-bone interchange with the stack image is the closest two ramps come together in the entire interchange, but are just far enough away from one-another to prevent any weaving.

Looking northeast now.  Here you can see a spur highway connects express with collector lanes between the two highways.  If you look at the main 12 lane artery, you can see that the express lanes become elevated and veer off to the south to allow the collector lanes hook up with one-another.

This is the southeast side of the interchange.  Here you see connections between express and collector lanes as well as a few ramps for local traffic.  To the left of this image is the main stack that connects the express lanes of each highway with one-another.  The proximity of the T-bone interchange with the stack image is the closest two ramps come together in the entire interchange, but are just far enough away from one-another to prevent any weaving.

Looking northeast now.  Here you can see a spur highway connects express with collector lanes between the two highways.  If you look at the main 12 lane artery, you can see that the express lanes become elevated and veer off to the south to allow the collector lanes hook up with one-another.

Here is a more centralized view of that diversion.  This also showcases the stack interchange that connects the express lanes of each highway together.

In this picture, we see the express lanes of the other highway leave its collectors to connect to the stack interchange.  There are also many local connections in this photo that are accessible from the collector lanes.

In the south of the interchange, we see the express lanes of the east/west highway hook up with the collector lanes of the north/south highway, and vice versa. Several local connections are displayed as well.

In the west of the interchange, we see the express lanes rejoin its collectors which intersect at the stack interchange to the right.

In the north, we see the same thing happening as well.  There also is a connection on the collector lanes that provide access to local roads

Well, I hope you enjoyed my largest interchange.  Once the surrounding area develops, you can bet that this thing will be used to its full potential!   If you have any comments to make about my pictures or how I designed it, please feel free to post!

Best,
-Haljackey

Jonathan

football_fever: My intial reaction to that was something I'm sure I'd get banned for if I posted it.
Haljackey: You're going to go even crazier with highways sometime before the end of the world.
suplado: Smaller and simpler but a lot of detail and just as good as the rest

oldrogue

Haljacky...I'll never look at spaghetti the same way again!  How long did it take you to do that?   Sheesh.  Oh, and how often while doing it did you get confused or lost as to where you were and how you got there %confuso

Suplado.....beautyfull....stunning....I really like the textures and ambiance you create.

Well done all. &apls &apls

Andreas

The following pic doesn't really fit in any of the "Show us your..." threads, so I though I post it here... An important part of today's city planning is the development of vacant areas in a quarter, also known as "urban infill". Quite often, I face myself with those problems in SC4, and this time, I had to deal with an L-shaped area between the city center (on the right) and a suburban shopping area on the left.

The in-game Convention Center founds its place there rather quickly, but after being empty for a long time, I finally had the idea to build Bandito's Kölnarena, basically as an extension of the Convention Center. The strip along the road next to the city hall and the hospital was filled with DuskTrooper's excellent loft buildings, and as you can imagine, it took quite a while (and lots of bulldozing), until they grew in this configuration. I was waiting for the dark-brown Jaquinto Lofts without luck, but I guess it looks quite nice as it is now - probably my best compilation of loft buildings so far. :)
Andreas

oldrogue

Ok, you've convinced me to finally download those lofts :thumbsup:  They look wonderful in that setting.....good transition from area to area.  Impressive work.

TopCliff

This is just a small overview of my current project. Oh, and how about I mention it will be an MD soon?  ;D

Lunch rush at Chase Blvd. and First Avenue, by the Central Library.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

ejc

The city of Hammbruck

It will be a new chapter in my recreation-MD. The city will be fantasy, but based on the cities of "Basel, Switzerland" and "Bremen, Germany". It's situated on the German/French border and the city also has a Parisian inspired part of town.

In this picture you see the overview of the German side of the city. With top left the river and it's industries and port. Bottom left are newly neighbourhoods with hgihrises and appartment-complexes. Top right is the oldest part of the city, with church, stores and historic plazas. Middle of the picture contains the central station (German), the exhibition centers and city-park.

Well, a small introduction of what is to come this summer of ejc

cheers++

E

Resized pic, Robin  ;)

j-dub

Wow, thats great! It actually looks real from this far up, is this going to be in the picture competition?

CasperVg

Well, what can I say?
It's a fantastic, awesome, amazing, appalling, breathtaking, grand, imposing and majestic picture, ejc!  ;D
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube