• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JB School Packs - Because school shouldn't be boring!

Started by JBSimio, October 27, 2008, 12:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimNation

JBSimo,

I am not sure if you had fixed this problem or maybe it cropped back after release of the March 2009 NAM. I redownloaded all four School Volumes, checked all my dependencies they use (and I have them all). But this still happens and it didnt happen before which is strange. Its in one of the older school volume schools (Washington Highschool I think). This never happen to me before.

All there other schools work fine.But look at the lower right

Here a close up of the school. I have plopped it in a city with nothing on it and it still happens.That rail viaduct appearing on it is the problem. Any suggestions?

Recap: I have all dependencies (none have been updated since I last downladed)
          Re- Downloaded all of the School Volumes March 19,2009
          No duplicates of the files exist (I double checked)

JBSimio

SimNation:  I won't be able to check into this with any certainty until tomorrow afternoon because of the work schedule I have going right now.  My initial thought is that there is indeed an IID conflict with the static school bus props used on Washington High School.  Swamper actually made these for me based off of the game's bus automata, so it's not an area I know a whole lot about to be honest.  The busses used on the John Novak and Reed Elementary schools are actually timed props with new IID's... which is probably why they're working fine on one school in your second picture, but not on the other.  I'll try to have a look tomorrow... but in the meantime, perhaps Andreas and/or Swamper will stop in with a better explaination as well.

JB

*EDIT:  To confirm that it is indeed the busses, can you check the Peace Church and School (found in Volume Three) to see if those busses display properly?

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

SimNation

I forgot about those 2 reward styled ones. Yea you hit the nail on the coffin take a look.

Samething as the Washington school. Hope you will be able to fix it.

Swamper77

This issue is MY fault. If you downloaded my Raised Rail Conversions before 02/06/2009, please redownload them. I set the prop Instance ID to the wrong one on the first upload. I forgot I made the school bus prop exemplar for JBSimio, and hadn't written it down when I created it for him. &ops   The issue should be fixed if you redownload the Raised Rail Conversions. Sorry for any issues that I caused &ops

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

SimNation

Swamper77,

Sorry to say this but I already have your updated raised rail shops installed (my last download of them shows march 06,2009) and it did not fix the problem if thats what was causing it. Also I am not sure if you are aware...but the files in your zip for it still say 2/6/2009. I just downloaded again today to check to make sure I had your updated one and the files in the zip have the same date that I have in my plugins folder.

JBSimio

Swamper:  Thanks!  Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing that issue somewhere else around the forums but had forgotten about it.

SimNation:  Hmmm... that is a bit puzzling.  I'll certainly check into it more tomorrow afternoon (I'm posting from work today)... it will give me a good excuse to update to the March 2009 NAM anyway.  :D  Worst case scenario, I could always update the lots to use the timed bus props which seem to work just fine.  (It would probably make more sense than using busses that sit there 24/7 anyway)  As a complete side comment... I've never actually put all the schools into one screen shot like that.  It's kind of cool to see!  ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

Swamper77

Quote from: JBSimio on March 20, 2009, 03:51:37 PM
SimNation:  Hmmm... that is a bit puzzling.  I'll certainly check into it more tomorrow afternoon (I'm posting from work today)... it will give me a good excuse to update to the March 2009 NAM anyway.  :D  Worst case scenario, I could always update the lots to use the timed bus props which seem to work just fine.

I hope the timed bus prop don't have the same ID as the static one I made you. Might lead to the Prop Pox if they do.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

JBSimio

Nah... I wouldn't do that  ;)

Quote from: JBSimio on March 20, 2009, 08:41:21 AM
The busses used on the John Novak and Reed Elementary schools are actually timed props with new IID's... which is probably why they're working fine on one school in your second picture, but not on the other. 

SimNation

JBsimo + Swamper77

After doing a second search in my plugins folder I found old files of swampers raised rail lots. The search in XP musta missed it somehow. Anyway I removed that and then re-re installed swampers newer one that I downloaded again yesterday to triple check and the problem is now indeed gone. Sorry for the inconvience I was unaware that the search did not find all the files last time I deleted them. Swamper's patched Raised Rail does indeed fix the conflict and the viaduct thing is gone and the bus's are back.

Rayden

Quote from: SimNation on March 21, 2009, 08:32:54 AM
JBsimo + Swamper77

After doing a second search in my plugins folder I found old files of swampers raised rail lots. The search in XP musta missed it somehow. Anyway I removed that and then re-re installed swampers newer one that I downloaded again yesterday to triple check and the problem is now indeed gone. Sorry for the inconvience I was unaware that the search did not find all the files last time I deleted them. Swamper's patched Raised Rail does indeed fix the conflict and the viaduct thing is gone and the bus's are back.

Don't relay on Windows search, you always miss something. Before I pack my plugins with DatPacker, I always run 3 little aplications, Cleanitol, then NoClone (http://noclone.net) and RED (Remove Empty Directories - http://www.jonasjohn.de). I wish there was a single tool to do this job, but, it doesn't consume too much time anyway, just 3 or 4 minutes more. ;)

Dominik15

Where can I get this longitudinal parking on street?

Dominik15

grassroots

Installed everything from the school pack vol 4 except the PEG One Flag Many Nations Mod dependency, which doesn't seem to exist. Can someone help? Thanks.

twalsh102

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27711-peg-one-flag-many-nations-mod/

In fact, if you run into any PEG dependencies, they are being hosted over at Simtropolis since the demise of the PEG website.