• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Yoder7652's BAT Workshop

Started by Yoder7652, February 07, 2007, 01:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrfox

Pardon the Pun, but Jesus Christ! I just came over here from Simtrop and what you, Swi, JBsim, Marczar, and the rest of BSC are doing is incredible. This BAT is supurb looking and incredibly well detailed nice work.
Red Sox 2007

M4346

I hope you haven't forgotten about this... :P

Good luck! I hope you're doing well!

Regards,

-M-
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Yoder7652

Thanks for all the comments!

I thought I'd post a little verbal update...no pics (sorry :'( ). I have not had as much time to work on the building recently, but tonight I was able to work out several of the statues and the clocks that will line the top of the front of the building. I also have my bells for the bell tower now. I still have one more major component to finish - the 2 smaller, but detailed domes - and then some more roof details such as fencing several staircases, etc....but I'm closing in on it  ()stsfd()

Since there has been some question about how the lot will be composed I thought I'd provide a little insight into what I was thinking. St. Peter's Bascilica will be the base model and each side of the collonade will be a seperate prop. Also, the Obelisk in the middle will be a prop as will the fountains. I'm also trying to decide if I should model the base or make it base textures (although I'm leaning toward modeling it as a seperate prop as well ;) ). Hopefully I'll have some pics by the end of the week (sat. or maybe sun.).

In the meanwhile, I might have a different release for the community this weekend of something I created awhile ago that is near and dear to my heart. It has not made an appearance to the forums yet....so stay tuned!  :satisfied:

M4346

Hi there and thanks for the update Yoder! :)

I'm glad to hear that things are progressing smoothly.

If I can just add my two cents on the base... I think a model is the only way it would do any justice to the base. But, if you can find base textures that can do the job I'm thinking "why not."

Anyway, all the best with this project! I'm rooting for you!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Badsim

Hi Yoder ,

I wondered too about the Lot size , the zip file size , etc , for a such imposing BAT .... ::)
Now you gave me another worry with the base ... I just implore you to not integrate it to the 3D model , it's impossible to add correctely props on this kind of base ...at least ,as you said , model it as a separated prop , please ... :P

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Yoder7652

Well I'm still chugging away at this thing. I thought I'd show some progress pics from a test render I did tonight...still several large details to work out, but I'm getting there! Enjoy the pics....

iamgoingtoeatyou

wow, so many details, so much to look at, clearly a work of art! keep up the amazing work my friend  &apls

Eddie

I can stare at that BAT model for hours. Which is exactly what I'll do.

Elektra

Very nice!  I like the amazing detail.  :thumbsup:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

kimcar

&apls &apls &apls  :-X I don`t know what to said  :thumbsup:

Antoine

Fred_Ginger

&dance &dance &dance &dance &dance &dance &dance

()flower() ()flower() ()flower() ()flower() ()flower() ()flower() ()flower()

(*that was just my computers reaction, I'll have to get back to ya, as soon as I find the smiley that indicates "struck down in awe!"*)
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

sebes

I say the same as my friend Vicky.... Man, Yoder, that is awesome! The details are unbelieveable. The statues, the clock,  :o
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

excellent pictures! wonderful work! :thumbsup: &apls

rooker1

Incredible work, Yoder7652.  Outstanding details, this is going to be awesome and very popular once released.

Robin    :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Air6

It's just insane. Very nice work.

spa

Now that's detail. This is really turning into quite the masterpiece.

metasmurf

Gecko

Superb work! Excellent detail! I can't begin to imagine how many strenuous hours you've put into that BAT! :-\ :thumbsup:

Strechnitz

The details on the basilica are simply wonderfull Yoder. I espescially like the statues.

Another favorite is the different colorations in the travertine on the outer walls.
I'm looking forward to your next update.

BTW, the hungarian house of parlement is incredible. very nice!

Strech