• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Casper's Concepts

Started by CasperVg, January 05, 2008, 04:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

In this thread, I will showcase some of my lotting works and offer support for released stuff.

Creations in Progress
1. L. Kamino Freight Shipping (Seaport)

Creations Released
1. Feyenoord Stadium (modding by xxdita, building by ks_JPN)
2. Canobie Memorial Park (modding by RippleJet, building standard Maxis)
3. Paris Gare du Nord (building by Xannepan)
4. ITC TS Grain Silo (building by threestooges)
5. ITC Chapman Library (building by threestooges)
6. ITC Greenacre Embassy (building by jsteed)
7. ITC Billboards (buildings by threestooges)
8. ITC Milton Friedman Schools (buildings by Anubis89)
9. CAS Essentials (queries)
10. 6x6 Industrials (buildings by SimGoober)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

CasperVg

I've been trying to make a new upgradeable seaport based on the Gare de marchandise by The Urban Mountain. So far, this is what I have.

Stage 5

Lotting here is far from done. I will probably get rid of the railyard section (two dependencies less), move the Shell tank (too dangerous), move the carpark further left and possibly add an extra tile north, but other suggestions are always welcome.

Stage 4

As per above, still lots of work to be done on this one. Moving the car park is necessary, and I'll also have to add another row of tiles in.

For the Stage 3, 2 and 1, I'm thinking of using an older, more dilapitated and smaller building - so it would be both a capacity-increase and a modernisation.

Hope you like it,
Casper

mightygoose

i think the railyard section limits the oppurtunities in which this seaport can be used, as for the rest of the lot, it is a shame the base texture doesn't tile better but apart from that it is great work.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

CasperVg

I've uploaded Albert I Memorial Park to the LEX yesterday.. Years in the making (first version was back in January '08) and now there...

A few pictures:

Find it here!

N.B.: The name changed during development, and the greyed-out part in the second picture is a version of the park that didn't make it to the public release.

Sciurus

Waow, really wonderful parks &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

xxdita

I've always been a fan of your first park. Still have it in my plugins somewhere. The updated version is awesome though!

Hope you had a great birthday, my friend!

CasperVg

A small update.. something I've been working on recently: Vigerdig Fuel Station.

threestooges

There's plenty of good stuff going on here Casper. There are a couple comments I'll make though. First, the train in the bottom right: generally when a train pulls onto a siding like that they try not to leave any part of its consist (the cars behind it) on another track. This is especially true on a busy route. Also, on the left side of the lot, is this intended to convert to STR at that end? If so, have you checked to ensure that texture will properly join up to the STR line? Lastly, with the train snaking its way to the top of the lot, it seems like it would be more practical to disconnect the consist and run the engine in. If the fueling section was on the mainline where the train could just stop then start again it might make sense to see the consist left attached, but given the great variety of possible train lengths, for such a setup as where the orange engine is sitting, it's most likely that they would just leave the consist on a nearby siding. It's looking pretty good though.
-Matt

CasperVg

Thanks, Matt, I'll have to keep that in mind.  :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, two new lots using SimGoober's farm fields and some of CP's houses.

CasperVg

cubby420

Very nice. CP's houses really fit perfectly as farm houses. I feel like I've been there before!

manchou

Nice farms ! Everything is in the right place  :thumbsup:
My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

CasperVg

Made the S1, S3 and S2 lots... and a nifty animation  ::)
Still have to iron out that brown box..

Orange_o_

I do not indeed understand, things can evolve during the years? And it seems to me that the main building moves between two images.

Edit : I don't read the start of topic $%Grinno$%

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

CasperVg

Yeah, you're right, the building does move around, I'll have to correct it's placement a bit.

EDIT: Set all the buildings on exactly the same location (thanks, Reader!)

CasperVg

Bumpity bump.. Stage 1 at work..

Orange_o_

They are very beautiful but in the stage 1,2 and 3, the fence does not seem to float above the water?

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

manchou

Nice ! Same as Orange, le fence is on the water on pictures !
My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

CasperVg

Had a go at BATing a gazebo in 3dsMax.. my first real experience in modelling. This is how it looks so far (HD Zoom 6).

tag_one