• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

The Dual Crossover track will be added in next NAM, See CaptCity's post below
Could you take a screenshot of the announcement your game gave you?

Jonathan

CaptCity

Quote from: Warrior on March 16, 2009, 12:41:00 PM
The Dual Crossover track will be added in next NAM...

I think the Dual Crossover issue (along with a couple other things) was taken care of with an update to the March NAM. At the time, I noticed in my Download History the new NAM had been updated the next day (March 7th to the 8th for me). After downloading and reinstalling, the problem with the Dual Crossover was fixed. Perhaps anyone still experiencing the missing piece just needs to re-download. Just a thought...

The only issues that still seem to be present now are a couple of pathing issues with a FAR piece and a STR piece that have been brought up in other threads.

CaptCity

Rayden

&ops Something wrong here? How do I get rid of those shoulders?  Any clues?  ()what()

Rayden

Quote from: Tarkus on March 17, 2009, 02:27:20 AM
Rayden, it looks to me like you have one of sithlrd98's curve sidewalk mods installed.

-Alex

I have one of my own, but, the texture doesn't not resemble that one. That one looks like the Maxis sidewalk textures ()what()

Rayden

Forget that post above, I found the sithlrd98 curves, you were right &ops Sorry :thumbsup:

I forgot I had them installed. I've tried them out, because I wanted to change those texturesto the ones I use, and I forgot I had them still on the plugins folder.

WC_EEND

Quote from: Warrior on March 16, 2009, 12:41:00 PM
The Dual Crossover track will be added in next NAM, See CaptCity's post below
Could you take a screenshot of the announcement your game gave you?

Jonathan
here's the screenshot:

...aand here's the translation to English: Warning: The city you are loading refers to the folliwing plugins that are not present on your computer. You can continue playing the game, but it is possible that a part of the graphs and other information will be wrongly presented.
expansion pack 342978908
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

choco

thats a message that appears when you remove a plugin that was being used in the city tile......unfortunately, i dont think there is any way to trace the numerical value given (342987908) to an actual file name......

however, i have never seen the verbiage of "part of the graph and other will be wrongly presented"; maybe hint to the NAM data view mod?

WC_EEND

Quote from: choco on March 17, 2009, 08:47:47 AM
thats a message that appears when you remove a plugin that was being used in the city tile......unfortunately, i dont think there is any way to trace the numerical value given (342987908) to an actual file name......

however, i have never seen the verbiage of "part of the graph and other will be wrongly presented"; maybe hint to the NAM data view mod?

can't be anything NAM related as i reinstalled the new NAM today

My LOT thread                                    

choco

i'd tend to agree.....

but since you reinstalled some files (NAM), and now you are missing a plugin, it's probably something that was removed by the Cleanitol.  methinks it may be this mod [linkie], but its just a guess. 

check the cleanitol archive at My Documents/SimCity4/BSC Cleanitol for the files that were removed.

Drowned

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I searched and couldn't find anything related. It happens when 2 avenues cross. Sims won't have access to one of the avenues that cross after I build them. Houses say "No Road Connection". I've tried everything and the only workaround I could find was using the roundabouts  :-[ I want to use avenue crossings though  &mmm

Sample:

Any ideas? I've tried everything (rebuilding roads, lands, etc, etc). Nothing... started after I installed NAM...

Tarkus

What side of the road do your vehicles normally drive on?  If you've got an Left-Hand version of the game, you'll need the LHD Plugin.

-Alex

Drowned

Quote from: Tarkus on March 17, 2009, 03:26:24 PM
What side of the road do your vehicles normally drive on?  If you've got an Left-Hand version of the game, you'll need the LHD Plugin.

-Alex

Hmmm, you're right, they're driving on the wrong side of the road. How do I turn that off? I want them driving on the right side... I only used the recommended settings when installing (no left-hand drive)...

Drowned

Bah, I just enabled the left-hand drive plugin and it was fixed. Thanks :) I don't mine them driving on the other side...

Tarkus

Drowned, glad I could help! :)  Of course, if you do want them driving on the right side of the road, I'd check out RippleJet's tutorial, which can be found here.

-Alex

WC_EEND

Quote from: choco on March 17, 2009, 10:24:00 AM
i'd tend to agree.....

but since you reinstalled some files (NAM), and now you are missing a plugin, it's probably something that was removed by the Cleanitol.  methinks it may be this mod [linkie], but its just a guess. 

check the cleanitol archive at My Documents/SimCity4/BSC Cleanitol for the files that were removed.

I currently have simulator Z ultra installed, unfortunately that plugin is not compatible with simulator Z (I think)

My LOT thread                                    

z

Quote from: choco on March 17, 2009, 10:24:00 AM

No, removing that mod doesn't cause a problem; the game simply reverts to its built-in Traffic Volume View.  And Simulator Z comes with its own version of that mod, so any other versions should be removed.  (It actually doesn't matter in practical terms if they're not; the Simulator Z version will override them, due to its being at the end of the alphabet.  :))

SimNation

I am not sure if this has been said yet. An odd bug occurs with one of the FARR pieces for me.The wide 90 degree road piece for some reason the direction the piece shows you as you have the piece selected changes when you plop it down. This has never happened to me before and I have used this piece when it was first introduced and it never happened. Its just a minor annoyance because you have to visually make the lot face the opposite direction you want it to face before you plop it in order to get it to plop in the direction you want. None of the other FARR pieces seem to have this problem for me at all.

CaptCity

SimNation...

The original March 09 version of NAM had that issue. However, there was a quick re-upload the next day that took care of that issue and a couple others (at least it did for me). You might want to re-download the NAM and try again. Hope that's it...

Andreas

For such issues, a download of the latest NAM Essentials should be sufficient, since the placement of the puzzle pieces is controlled by the NAM Controller. No need to download a 15+ MB package again just for a RUL bugfix. :)
Andreas