• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tropod

Quote from: JoeST on January 30, 2009, 03:16:45 AM
Tropod: what about Exit and Entrance, Exit for the one's representing getting off the highway, Entrance for the ones getting onto the highway? or is this voided by something like the LHD plugin?

Joe

Given the modularity of NAM now, I don't see why this could not be changed really - the LHD plugin would/could actually assist with this. So yeah, something like this could probably benefit. Exit/Entrance sounds like good idea, just a matter of someone adjusting & adding the text labels accordingly.

Quote from: pagenotfound on January 31, 2009, 09:22:50 PM
well I tested it a third time and it did cause a CTD but not as quickly. But due to the delay of the CTD im starting to think that the switch pieces are in fact not the problem. I have had numerous occasions of this since I got a new copy 3 weeks ago. Im actually starting to think its the "Dual Core Problem". So im gonna adjust it for Dual Core (wheres that tutorial?) and report back asap.

I have had similar issues ever since I stopped using onboard video after installing separate video card. The game would sporadically crash for no apparent reason & I started suspecting the same thing (especially given I wasn't having a problem before hand). Ever since adjusting shortcut command to -CPUCount:1 though, it's not been a problem.

Meastro444

Quote from: Tropod on January 31, 2009, 09:53:09 PM
<snip>
I have had similar issues ever since I stopped using onboard video after installing separate video card. The game would sporadically crash for no apparent reason & I started suspecting the same thing (especially given I wasn't having a problem before hand). Ever since adjusting shortcut command to -CPUCount:1 though, it's not been a problem.
I have a dual-core as well, an AMD one. If you haven't installed the X2 Optimizer, I would suggest to do it, because I haven't got any problem with it now.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

z

Meastro444

It's a program for AMD X2 CPU's, it increases performce for several games.

You can find it [Here]
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

FrankU

I have something more like a warning than a problem or question.
I recently added Sithlrd98's Avenue Curves and Road Curves to my plugins folder. I also use the Euro-strassentextur-mod by Frimi and Andreas.

When I first placed the wide road puzzle pieces I saw this.

Some puzzle pieces do not have the sidewalks; you only see the trees and the lampposts.

What we want to see is this:

All road puzzle pieces are fine now.
The avenue curves are correct in both cases.

What I found out is that you need to load the Euro Strassentextur mod first and then Sithlrd's avenue and road mods. So the loading order is definitely important. I do not know if this is some bug that can be removed, but as far as I know the loading order removes all problems.

Andreas

I have an update of the SFBT Euro Road Textures Mod in the making that will fix the issue (hopefully, I'll find some time to upload it later today). What sithlrd98's mod is doing is replacing the default textures for those puzzle pieces, but obviously, the Euro Road Textures Mod does the same. In the upcoming version, I included special Euro texture plugins for sithlrd98's mod as well. The ERTM should be loaded last then, though (as usual).
Andreas

alan_vzla

Hi! I have a problem, I unnistalled the previous NAM version and then installed the 2009 one, and when I launched the game, to see the new NAM features, I discovered that In my transportation menus, all of the icons were duplicated... what causes this and how can I fix it?

Also, I had in my plugins folder the asphalt mod, which changes the look of the highways.... after the new NAM the highways had the default concrete texture, and not the asphalt one... What do I have to do?

Sorry if this questions were already answered
Alan

carkid1998

afterI installed the nam diagonal rail textures where darker  ()what() ()what() why is this happening??
Sendona... Coming soon!

Jonathan

Alan, you must have another NAM somewhere in your plugins folder, as for the colour of highways, this shouldn't happen, maybe you had the asphalt mod in your NAM folder, then when you removed the old NAM the asphalt mod also was removed.

Carkid, this will be fixed soon, in the meantime you can use this By David, from the 3RR thread.

Jonathan

carkid1998

Sendona... Coming soon!

Andreas

As mentioned above, I've just uploaded an update of the SFBT Euro Road Textures Mod, which should cover all recent NAM additions, as well as some bugfixes.

Download Windows version

Download Mac version
Andreas

FrankU

Andreas,
Yes, I found it, downloaded and installed it and it seems to work.
Thanks.

atilla5

i don't if it's just me...but whatever happened to the railroad curves and the railroad Y intersection in the NAM??  %wrd

kings_niners

why is it s hard to find the forum for the nwm? when i type it into the search menu it says that it can't understand my request :thumbsdown: thats about it

CaptCity

atilla5

They're in the Wide Radius Rail Curve/FARR section of the Rail menu.

j-dub

Atilla 5, are you getting blank spots in the rail road menu where those pieces are suppose to be? Lately, I hate to say, there have been alot of RUL conflicts with more people developing new things at once, unaware someone else had that string before them. If so, there could be some other related mod interfering thats outdated.

King Niners, I know a lot of these search engines are not as smart as they are supposed to be. Try going back to NAM place, then go to NAM creations, and look down, you'll see the NWM forum.

Dexist

Why does the traffic not use the left lane of this avenue over a groundhighway intersection?
(traffics uses both lanes at normal avenue over ghw(without ramps) )

on a interesection with ramp with avenue and Elevetated Highway, they will drive on both lanes but not all, just like half of the traffic use the left lane  and half is disapeering
&mmm ()sad() &mmm ()sad() :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

dx340

The problem is that i can not use the RHW in the common way. I can not create it by using the starter pieces...

What is wrong?

Thanks,

Haljackey

Dexist:  I've never seen that before.  It may have to do with you just using the traffic generators to make cars.  Get some real commuters to use that interchange and see what happens.

dx340:  The starter pieces are puzzle pieces.  You do not drag puzzle pieces, you plop them.  Use the RHW drag tool (by default the RHW-2) to draw your RHW networks.  Draw one tile from the puzzle pieces and you should establish the network.
-Consult the Readme for more information.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
-Haljackey

Dexist

Quote from: Haljackey on February 04, 2009, 11:53:36 AM
Dexist:  I've never seen that before.  It may have to do with you just using the traffic generators to make cars.  Get some real commuters to use that interchange and see what happens.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
-Haljackey

well real traffic does the same
and if i drive with a car my one. i can not drive that lane either... i just disapear then.. like if you drive of the map.