• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3RR-ST - Page 70

Started by dedgren, October 24, 2008, 08:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

This is the SC4D archive of Page 70 of Three Rivers Region at Simtropolis.  Comments are locked for now.

[tabular type=1]
[row] [head colspan=2]
Page 70
[/head] [/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2070  06/15/2008 03:36 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

un1
[/data][data]Oooh, this is a very nice CJ. Like a world of ideas!! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2071  06/18/2008 04:47 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

penguin007
[/data][data]Awesome pics there cant wait for FAR definately with euro textures and the rural renewal project over at sc4devotion is being used to great effect by you

Will  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2072  07/14/2008 11:45 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Still around.  Dreaming of country lanes these days.

We're now on the far side of 100,000 page views over at 3RR [linkie].  Thanks again so much to all of you 3RR Regulars*.

Later.

David

*  A 3RR Regular, as you know, is anyone who's posted here or over at 3RR at least once.

61935[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2073  07/15/2008 12:14 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]beautifull pic david excellent work my friend. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2074  07/15/2008 12:59 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

rusty777
[/data][data]Astonishing work David.  I'll be watching the rest of your updates.

Cheers. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2075  07/27/2008 07:51 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Har, har har- my pretties.  Another brief update...

You may recall from several months ago the FAR (Fractional Angle Road) upgrade and FARR (Fractional Angle Railroad) initiatives.  Well, the alpha versions have been received back from Alex (Tarkus), and they work as planned.

FAR 2x2 radius wide curve

FARR wide-radius S-curve

We're also, changing the subject, talking about telephone poles.

Whatever we're up to, it's always great to see you over at 3RR [linkie].  Your comments are welcome here (and greatly appreciated- thanks to all who've done that recently) as well- we'll be looking for FAR/FARR beta testers soon and it's great to have some idea who might be interested.

Later.

David

62389[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2076  08/03/2008 11:44 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Heh!

I'm working at perfecting the FARR textures today.

Clicking on the book will take you to the "Quick & Dirty Guide to 3RR for the Nervous."

...a work in progress...

It'd be great to see you over at 3RR [linkie] today- who knows what might be happening there?

Later.

David

62722[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2077  08/03/2008 11:54 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

lucky7
[/data][data]These are awesome pics, the curves are so smooth and the SAM-street seamed with the trees and the fences looks so scenic and great. Isn't it suprising how common and simple things do look great? Looking forward to more,

lucky7  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2078  08/03/2008 11:56 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

aleking
[/data][data]Beautiful, i have to try rural again.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2079  08/04/2008 08:45 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Thanks, lucky7 and Alek, for the great comments.  I miss hearing from you folks over here.

We build a road up to a mountain pass...

...using the wide curves and the FAR...

...over at 3RR [linkie] C'mon by and take a look!

Later.

David

62805 [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2080  08/05/2008 03:25 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Schulmanator
[/data][data]A delight. This project is coming along well and I look forward to more of its development.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2081  08/05/2008 03:46 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Twenty20
[/data][data]Nice rural pics ! And you did an excellent work with the roads on the mountains.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2082  08/05/2008 05:10 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hiya david,wonderfull work your doing,excellent curves  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2083  08/05/2008 05:55 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dfnva
[/data][data]David,

Wow, that's a great pic with the road going up the mountain with the switchbacks and all. Definitely looks like a scene out of western Virginia or West Virginia.

So when does the FAR officially come out? Several folks have asked me as I've been using it some in my cj.

Great work with the FAR.

-Dan  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2084  08/05/2008 06:14 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Patricius Maximus
[/data][data]Simply wonderful. A great mountain road.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2085  08/05/2008 11:50 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

IDS2
[/data][data]Wow! Those FAR lanes look so awesome...love what you're doing with them. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2086  08/05/2008 12:03 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Dsrwhat316
[/data][data]Haven't dropped by in a while, David. Things are really looking great! I finally got around to using the FAR in my new region. The progression of the RAM is also coming along nicely. Always a pleasure!

~ Dan [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2087  08/05/2008 01:38 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Shingure
[/data][data]It's looking good. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2088  08/05/2008 06:09 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Almighty Nienaber
[/data][data]*thums up* [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2089  08/07/2008 01:05 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Whoa, a veritable comment explosion!  Thanks to all, and I'll take a few moments in a bit to respond.  I'm just passing by right now to let you know that the wide rail curves and FARR...

...are happening today over at 3RR [linkie].  The beta's just a few more hours of retexturing away.

Later.

David

63016 [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2090  08/07/2008 01:25 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

rusty_777
[/data][data]This is very impressive.  The last intersection with the tracks is amazing!  Excellent work.  This is really good work.

Cheers. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2091  08/09/2008 09:40 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]North country culvert...

Ploppable telephone poles...

It'd be great to see you over at 3RR [linkie], where we've just passed 111,111 page views.  Adding the ones you've given us here, that's about 175K views total in a little under 2-1/2 years.  Thanks, my friends, thanks very much.

As promised, a few replies.

Alek (aleking)  Hey, Alek- I've said before that whenever you try anything, you invariably set a new standard.  I'll be watching for those country pics in AK's Bizarre (mostly) Urban Menagerie [linkie].

Bruce (Schulmanator)  Why is it that whenever I visit Schulmania [linkie], I think of you with a garden full of kudzu vine [linkie]?  Amazing work there, my friend.  Thanks for the compliment.

Twenty20, hey!  It's always great to see your nic gracing 3RR's pages.  Thank you for commenting.

Jacky (jacqulina), your visits to 3RR over the years always remind me that I don't get over to [url=http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=99884&enterthread=y]Paradise Falls [linkie]
near often enough.  Hiya back, ma'am!

Dan (dfnva), come to thing of it, where did you get that copy of the FAR?  LOL, it's great to see you put it to such good use in Winchester [linkie].  I always appreciate you stopping by.

Patricius Maximus, my friend, thank you for the nice words.  I'll check out what's going on in Franklin County [linkie] later today.

A few more shortly.

Later.

David

63097 [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2092  08/09/2008 12:44 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dfnva
[/data][data]David,

I got the copy of the FAR from you back when you were doing some beta testing a couple of months ago.

Those are nice looking telephone poles, I appreciate the work you do on stuff to make more realistic rural areas with SimCity.

-Dan  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2093  08/09/2008 02:20 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]
I got the copy of the FAR from you back when you were doing some beta testing a couple of months ago.

Heh, Dan- just kidding.  Like I said, I can see from Winchester that at least one of our beta testers was chosen very, very wisely.  You might, along that line, keep an eye on your email inbox over the next little bit.

David
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2094  08/09/2008 05:55 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dfnva
[/data][data]LOL, I need to be more aware of sarcasm when typed.  ;D

-Dan [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2095  08/09/2008 06:02 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

panthersimcity4
[/data][data]That culvert is beautiful (which is not something you would hear everyday :P) I love all of those trees, and the ploppable telephone poles, yay! *runs off to download*  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2096  08/09/2008 07:42 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hamish
[/data][data]Wow, the FAR and the FARR look great, along with every thing else in your region.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2097  08/09/2008 10:13 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

pagenotfound
[/data][data]This is just awesome!  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2098  08/11/2008 07:18 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Matt (threestooges) has created a number of interesting variations of his phone poles...

...which we've made ploppable.  More to come on getting these out there to you.

Someone asked, "what's next, ploppable road signs?"

Well, yes, thanks to ST member ja/att.  His Mass Pak Prop Signs are here [linkie].  They are the best-scaled road signs I've seen yet- watch for further developments in this area over at 3RR [linkie].  We'll be seeing you..

David

63285 [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2099  08/15/2008 04:37 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][/data][data] Heh!  Speechless?...

So, hey, we're proceeding apace with a fine discussion about MODding ploppable signs.  Our inestimable friend Ryan (burgsabre87/ryanb_SC4) has done a little work and, voilà!

Ploppable stop signs infinitely better than the game's.  But this is 3RR, where, when someone has an idea, ten folks will make suggestions about how to improve on it.

In that case, check your alpha map.  If it's got a line or area at the top of it that's not completely blacked out, you could get what you're seeing.  The UVW map should be a plane, so nothing appears on the edges of the extrusion.  Also, you don't actually need to extrude the spline here, just make the rectangle and give it a UVW map, or if you're using a box object, give it a height of zero.

Anyway, we're headed here...

...over at 3RR [linkie]  Who knows what's coming up next?

David[/size]

63444 [/data][/row]

[row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax