• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4PIM How to make a neighbourhood or mega lot

Started by BarbyW, November 07, 2009, 01:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Multiple buildings (Buildings as Props)
As lots may only have one building exemplar with all the other "buildings" being props you will have to adjust the occupancy of the building exemplar to reflect this. This technique also applies to MEGA lots over the former 6x6 limit.

Look at this image:

In this example, there are 8 units on this 6x6 lot so to keep the occupancy the same as for a single unit would not result in a balanced lot. A Filling Degree of 50% or 0.5 was used for the single unit so it needs changing to show the extra units. This is done by recomputing as described earlier and changing the Filling Degree. In the case of the lot shown with 8 units the FD has been multiplied by 8 ( 8 x 0.5 = 4) so the FD is changed to 4.

If this exemplar is part of a group of LOTs with a building family, the recomputing needs to be done for each exemplar in the family and the lot made with the building family not just the single building.

At this stage you might also like to give the lot a better name to show in the query. At the request of the BATter these were given names with English towns.
Right click and select Add the User Visible Name key. Right click this new UNVK and select convert to LTEXT. Type in the name you want. If the Lot is part of a group of LOTs with the same building family, repeat for all the exemplars in the family.

You can do this with any models that you wish to use. Note how the family is named to reflect the number of units on the lot. This helps to keep things organised and so you know which family to use if you want to make more lots.
You can make special sized lots so that you can control how your cities look by doing this. SC4PIM allows lots of many different sizes so by using unique sizes you can make lots that will grow where you zone for them.
There are many models available in prop packs and singly and you are free to make new exemplars so long as you never distribute the models with any publicly released lots. You can, and of course should, include the new exemplars but NEVER the models unless they belong to you.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

tamorr

Even though I knew about half of this, at least I learned a bit more I can do.... Thanks that is what I had in mind.... I though you could only put the filling degree at a maximum of 1. Alright I'll definately have a go with this, Thanks this helps a lot. :thumbsup: :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."