• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DJ's Lot Editor Adventures!

Started by djvandrake, September 14, 2009, 09:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djvandrake

Well I can certainly generate a dependency list using the SC4tool.  If you're willing to get them (or have them already) then I'd be happy to share one of my amenity lots.  Which one do you like?

I'm thinking of the 2x3 tennis court (primary colors) or the 2x3 pool?

Real life has thrown me a serious curve ball lately.  I will be changing jobs and maybe moving to a different state soon, and I have some travel upcoming. So, let me know which one you like and I'll get it attached here as soon as I can (once I figure out how that is  :D)

djvandrake

I've uploaded my tennis court over at Simphoni if anyone is still interested.  You do have to register there to download and the file won't appear until you do.

http://www.simphoni.net/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=16150&view=findpost&p=400407

It has a ridiculous amount of dependencies, but Franku said to give him a try so here it is!  :D

More lots to show after I get some sleep.  :D

clearlypowa

Nice lot my friend,  &apls

I think that u should upload your creation to the STEX too.  ::)

Quote from: djvandrake on October 27, 2009, 09:16:33 PM

More lots to show after I get some sleep.  :D

take your time to recharge your energy, i am waiting for the others lots.

Good luck

djvandrake

^^^ Thanks!  ;D

I'm running the mod that replaces the monorail network with tracks for a bullet train.  (The Shinkansen Mod)  I like this network much better than the monorail lines aesthetically, and just a bit better than the High Speed Rail project for network functionality (namely the NAM puzzle pieces for the high network).  The only real issue I have is with a lack of variety in bridges and in large stations available.  I found this station on the STEX that I liked the building for, but the lot was completely bare.  So, I enlarged the lot slightly and added a few props to give it some life.

In the Lot Editor

And an overview shot in game.  This was taken during the winter months and I had just placed the station. So, the fall leaves that would normally appear below the trees aren't there yet.

A test pic in summer...

And a few in game during spring...

I placed a few of Porkie's excellent buses on the turnout lanes that are meant to simulate bus stop and passenger drop-off / Pick up lanes.  But, I transit enabled the lots in this area for street traffic, so I also get cars and in-game moving buses that enter the lot...

And here's a few pics in fall.

Each quadrant of the lot is basically the same with the trees, benches, and bus-stop props.

Overall it turned out pretty good.  I'm not happy with the textures of my bullet train tracks not matching the textures of the HSR in the station, BUT, this will have to do until I can get good enough with the BAT to make my own station. (Or until I find another large station for bullet train that I like better.  Know of any out there?)

io_bg

Really nice job on this one! I've a suggestion though - why not rotate the maple trees? This way they won't look exactly the same ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Badsim

Very beautiful Lot , Dane !  :thumbsup:

I really like your attention for coordinated colors ... but indeed , these trees need to be rotated !  ;)

&apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

djvandrake

Thank you both!  I'm glad you like them.  And you're absolutely right, it would look better if I rotated the maples, don't know why I forgot to do that!  $%Grinno$%

Battlecat

Cool!  Glad to see you've released one of your excellent lots.  I wouldn't worry too much about the dependencies, I've seen longer lists than that on many lots!  Interesting that you did manage to find a few prop packs I haven't gotten my hands on yet though! 

It might be a while before I get a chance to try it out though, Jackson Pass isn't going to be a very appropriate tile for that excellent tennis court!  I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects!

Earth quake

Nice lot. :thumbsup:
It is very detailed and very pretty.

clearlypowa

well done and nice lotting  &apls

suggestion : bus station+car parking on the other side / or bus+parking on both sides

waiting for the next version :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

My friend, awesome work again!!! Fantastic!!!  &apls &apls

Une_ame

You've made a good job with the parking lot and the park but the little pool, this tennis court and the big station are  :o. I think the flags are a very good idea, it give at nice color touch :thumbsup:.

I'm using Porki's seasonal trees but I would be very intersted to know where's yours come from ? Because they're so light and elegant.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

djvandrake

Quote from: Une_ame on January 22, 2010, 02:03:17 AM
You've made a good job with the parking lot and the park but the little pool, this tennis court and the big station are  :o. I think the flags are a very good idea, it give at nice color touch :thumbsup:.

I'm using Porki's seasonal trees but I would be very intersted to know where's yours come from ? Because they're so light and elegant.

Thank you for your kind words.  :) I'm glad you like them.

Those trees are made by C.P. and they're available on the LEX.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2135

This is the newer set, I have a few of the older models too that are available on the stex.

Une_ame

Thanks a lot for the link (and the pics.... ;)).
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !