• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Hi,

Thanks for the comments and Likes :thumbsup: ... @Arthur , I'm creating, on average, 3 FSHs per hour and  today I'm posting a picture about the 450th boxcar , so ... I let you count !  ;D

Very first themed train; Transfesa Intermodal ( Spain ):

Thanks to Stephen, I've again access to the RRW Re-skin Kit program, having lost one year ago (when my previous computer fried), the version that mgb204 sent me in 2017. So I'm glad to present you this first themed train with the first snowy RRW version ever created :

Extra view, using Ctrl+X « SizeOf 5 »

Other cars done, 59 tank cars :

And 12 more covered boxcars ( Habils ):

More to come ...

Antoine, thanks for the freight engines you sent me , they look delightfully dirty !  :D I will adapt their sizes to my set ASAP. :thumbsup:

Noah, nice to see you. :)  Hope you'll find some time to be active again. My PM system being out of service ( I can receive messages but can't send any since the site re-opening and nobody seems to be able to find what's wrong with me ... ) I reply there to your message ; of course I would be glad to test your pretty cool GLR textures, on the other hand I'm still on the creation process about these freight cars and can't give you any date for testing them ... as you may know, I'm now confined untill the 11th of May, I'll use this opportunity to progress as much as I'm able to.  $%#Ninj2

Take care.

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

fantozzi

So detailed, so subtly nuanced textured and so huuuuuge!

Silur

Grandiose work!
Objects with dirty natural surfaces are a pleasure. Winter paintings can be watched without stopping !!!  &apls &apls &apls

Badsim

Hi,

Thank you fantozzi ...  ;)

@Silur ... well, I'm glad that you shown your enthusisasm with a few words, having to let you know that I'm particularly fond of your Santana Island. You take David and 3RR as model ( which is the higher model of the community we can take ), and, if both you and me aren't so talented, your MD has a striking style and an unique flavor. We can feel your efforts to find or create custom content suitable to your vision ;

Quote from: Silur on April 20, 2020, 10:52:26 PM

Objects with dirty natural surfaces are a pleasure.

Yes, that brand new and healthy look everywhere in SC4 is the enemy !  %BUd%

Quote from: Silur on April 20, 2020, 10:52:26 PM

Winter paintings can be watched without stopping !!!

At first, for this new presentation, I intented to switch back to my « regular » green scenery, finally I stick with a snowy landscape,  these pictures being, so, dedicated to you.  ;)

Second themed train; Megacombi Intermodal set (from Transfesa company, Spain) with 36 cars:

Ingame pics:

Ctrl+X « SizeOf 5 »

Third themed train; generic tank cars set with 42 cars:

Ingame pics:

Ctrl+X « SizeOf 5 »

18 more covered short boxcars ( Hbillns ):

Have also reworked the boogie FSH ...

... and created a single axletree FSH for all the shorter boxcars ...

... even if I wonder who has really already paid attention to that kind of details ? ? ?  $%Grinno$%

Little things, little things ... more to come yet.

Take care.

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Silur

Hi Badsim.
Thanks for the nice words and lovely pictures.  :thumbsup:

Many years ago (2007 or 2008) I sent something like this to David in his journal. This was due to the theme of the single-lane railway. What was written on the poster is no longer recognizable. The original was destroyed by ImageShack (or whatever) it along with all the other my drawings.

I very often enjoy Your CJ. I just leaf through his pages and study.

Please accept the bottom picture from me. These same animals, after 12 years, meet a train with new cars.

Your work amazes me with its scale. This is a very painstaking and tiring work. I wish you success.  &apls &apls &apls

All my efforts to turn Maxis's Steam Automata into a steam engine with a tender failed. I can't even do anything with steam locomotives in Model Tweaker. They do not even appear as Props. That's my misfortune.

I wish you health and success in such a grandiose project.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Angel A. Manzo C.

Just Wow.. im kinda new in participate in forums lol.. Is there anyway i can get some of your automata for personal use of course, i love what you did with all the automata, im trying to make the police car works but the texture dos not work.. i made a police van work tho, i make a kinda decent durango k9 unit.. anyway great work i hope seeing all you do in the lex, keep inspiring me whit all of this..  &apls &apls &apls &apls

P.S 1: i dont have idea if there are a forum where i can put this and any help or tip it would be awesome
If life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life be all like Whaaaat?????

Badsim

Hi ,

Fourth themed train; B Cargo (Belgian company) set with 48 cars, a mix of Rils (long cars) and Shimmns (short cars) types :

Ingame pics:

Ctrl+X « SizeOf 5 »

Fifth themed train; Transcéréales (French company) grain hoopers set with 48 cars,  (not obvious to spot on my pictures, there's 2 types - and so two lenghts - of cars:

Ingame pics:

Ctrl+X « SizeOf 5 »

120 other new boxcars (Rils and Shimmns types) :

I did plan next to enrich the container ( classical and chemical tank ones ) carrier cars set from JIM , having collected a lot of material for that, but my professional  training program has restarted, so,  the rythm will slow down for the coming weeks ...  /wrrd%&

@Silur : Thanks for the tribute.  :)  If I understand you well, you failed to turn Maxis'steam engine to props so I tested that ... indeed , you can rotate the duplicated 3D files with SC4ModelTweaker and then  props appear fine with IliveReader, but nothing under LotEditor . For sure that kind of automata has a specifity and, so far, I don't know which ... I'll try to have a closer look at it. ;)

@all: I take that occasion to remind you that you can get latest news  from David ( from his family) Here

@Angel A : Thanks for your comment ... and welcome ! :)  Durango K9 is a beautiful automata really ! Regarding your issue with the car : did you have created that automata, or is it a re-skin of an existing model ?  As far as I can see, it seems that the FSH pattern do not correspond to the 3D file UV mapping.  I can't tell you anything more from that single picture ... if you want, you can send me the car files ( automata and props), so I could see what's done and  what's feasible . ;)

Cédric.

belfastsocrates

Cédric, are you using a T21 mod for the roadside flora/fauna or has that all been added with MMP?
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Angel A. Manzo C.

@badsim i manage to solve the problem, one prop pack i have in the plugins folder (BSC Megaprops- kevdan25 vol 01) contained a model replacement for the police car, i just open the reader and eliminate that model from the .dat and that worked for me.. the durango K9 unit and the 2019 Charger police car are a re-skin of the Police Car/Van Conversion Mod by airman15.. is just for practice and fun because i have no idea yet how to model, and configure in reader a model of my own..i want to do more liveries from arround the world.. must be fun.. if you want i can send you the .dat of the durango if you liked it  ;)
If life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life be all like Whaaaat?????

Badsim

Hi ,

Have had a few hours , here and there, since my previous post to progress ...

Sixth themed train; Containers Carriers set (Based on JIM's Freight Train)  with 81cars, a mix of 40ft, 20ft, 10ft shipping containers and a few chemical tank containers :

Ingame pics:

Ctrl+X « SizeOf 5 »

Works to get a true 3D container model;

One year ago, while I was already working to revamp JIM's freight train, I had  the idea to isolate the true 3D container model by deleteing the others groups ( Freight car and shadow);

I saved it as a new model then move it back to the ground with SC4ModelTweaker ;

So, as any true 3D model, you can get it at any desired angle and  I had  fun  trying to reproduce the Zeebrugge ECS Ecstatic Container Spectacle (2015) with these new props;

The same way, hundred of containers props can be now created with these new skins ...

Etc. Not to forget as much coresponding JIM's Industrial Semi-trailers;

... everything to LotEdit a terrific intermodal terminal ...  ::)

I'm working about this global automata project since December 2017 ... I feel the urge to play with the game again and started a new project, more imaginative, acrobatic and complexe than ever ;

I took that occasion to reskin the hang glider automata ( unfortunately it has a single Examplar with no Occupant Group, so that's not possible to get several skins working simultaneously)

(never saw it ingame at that last angle ... )

Hang gliders, as far as I remember,  are only generated by  the marina  from the Reward menu ... and I don't think that any creator has integrated that feature to a custom LOT so you have to use MAXIS's one and play with a coastal city tile. That's why I created a LOT (1x1) ploppable anywhere on land, with no base texture and no visible props , no cost to plop/bulldoze, no road access/power necessary, this LOT is attached at the end of this post ( you need to be logged in to see the link) .You'll find it in your Park&Recreation menu, with that icon;

Quote from: belfastsocrates on May 13, 2020, 07:40:54 AM
Cédric, are you using a T21 mod for the roadside flora/fauna or has that all been added with MMP?

... I would need a second life to Mod T21s  $%Grinno$% ... MMPs. ;)

Have fun and take care. ;)

Cédric.

vester

Not quite sure what to say, but you keep upping the game !

Barroco Hispano

Absolutely beautiful!  &apls

I will try to turn my cars into automata when I have free time.  ;D
Barroco Hispano

Girafe

Amazing work Cédric  &apls &apls &apls
Love these European liveries for freight trains and what about an excitement to read  :P :P

QuoteI started a new project, more imaginative, acrobatic and complex than ever

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Badsim

Hi ,

Work in progress ... with all kind of works behind the scene; use of beautiful Akallan's SNT textures, creation of a new cobblestone one, BATs from Wallibuck, Haarlemmergold , Aarsgevogelte, Roulback, Xannepan and Vnaoned; some of them have been resized to be coherent, all have been turned into props with Occupant Sizes set to 1,1,1 to allow the use of MMPs on LOTs as bare than possible, creation of a dozen of new MMPs, extraction of hang gliders props from the automata with new skins ... non exhaustive list.

I'm not a BATer, but if you're mastering Photoshop ( or any other picture edition program ) and know how to duplicate, re-adress and resize  S3D files, then replace FSHs  and adjust UVMapping, so, you don't need to BAT.  ;D

Two postcards to present you my new experimenting playground; flora.

Zoom 6 , picture scale1/1.

First creations, Bougainvillea ( 2 models, small & large) and Ornemental Plum trees which are a duplication with new TGIs , resizing (they aren't big trees) and reskin of Girafe's Lindens. About their definition we can say they are « regular » HD, then  I decided to test FSHs made with real pictures; Hydrangea ( pink, blue and white), Hollyhock ( purple, white, yellow and pink - more to come...) and Sun Flowers .

The result is Ultra HD items as you can see on that crtlX « SizeOf 5 » view ;

That zoom level is becoming my favorite, not to speak that it has became necessary for using MMPs with the suitable precision . About MMPs, I'm under Win7 Pro and I've got the bug of mouse single click acting like a double one (extremely boring), I made a search at Simtropolis and it seems that I'm not the only one having that issue, but didn't find any other solution than to hold the mouse right button while clicking with the left one. Still extremely boring ...  :thumbsdown:

Just for fun, let's zoom to « SizeOf 10 »

« SizeOf 20 »

« SizeOf 40 »

« SizeOf 80 »

Planned next; Peony, Wisteria, Rose bushes ...

...and many more.

Thanks for the comments & Likes. :thumbsup:

C.

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

AsimPika3172

KIIIITTTTYYYY!!!!!  ;D Meeeooowwww.....  :thumbsup: &apls
I loves Sim City forever!

Badsim

:thumbsup:

Welcome to Maxis  -  yep, that's her name . ;D

Closest ingame zoom, would you be able to find him ?

It should be easier with « SizeOf 10 » view:

:P

So superflous, I know. I've got 4 unecessary cats at home, unecessary excepted that they are my mental medicine ...  ;)

I wanted  an acceptable Lavender,

... but  once you've got a Lavender, you want a Lavender field; $%Grinno$%

Lavender prop is available with two different sizes and the field is made with a single 1x1 LOT indefinetely repeated ; I found a new technic by letting holes on the LOT that I can complete - or not - with the corresponding Lavender MMP so there's no visible repetition and it looks more natural ...

Once again, I feel like having opened a Pandora box, and I don't know where it's gonna lead me ...   $%Grinno$%

&Thk/(  Yes, I know; I need urgently accceptable Sunflower fields.  ;D

C.

belfastsocrates

That ground flora is absolutely gorgeous!! Love it
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

noahclem

Welcome to Maxis indeed! This definitely resulted in my most positive feelings toward that word in some years :D Could use more such medicine myself, for sure.

I'm much enjoying the rest of your development, as well as having the occasional giggle about how the extent to which you avoid 3D modeling reflects my own, albeit at a less prolific and impressive manner :D Every time I give a bit of a go at trying to get that skill together (last time was a curved rail platform, most recent .fsh editing is a multi-network tunnel entrance I hope to extend to fractional angle) I'm forced to give up on the modeling ;) I have one bright note to report though, my limitation on new and improved machine of not being able to type into the cheat box has been circumvented by copy-paste meaning, most importantly, i'm able to go beyond Z6 again :)

Badsim

Hi ,

Sunflower or Tournesol in french for « tourne avec le soleil » (« turns with the sun ») , is one of my favorite plant. Giant ones from my garden;

Giant ones, really ? French record; 4m20 (13.8 ft) and worldwide one; 9m17 (30.1 ft) !  &dd

Good to know; that's not the flower who turns (staying oriented southeast all day long ) but only the young plant during its growth ... As far as I know, only C.P. and H88 rendered them for SC4 many years ago ( I LotEdited my first sunflower fields with C.P.'s one ... 12 years ago ... can't believe it !  ::) ) and the interest of a new version (mine are new FSHs for H88's model) isn't  a question of definition only; each angle of view - face/back/profile 1/profile 2 - has a specific FSH;

3 different clusters created and I think that I'm gonna add two others to get definitely rid of noticeable repetitions.

The profile view is just a preview, the 3 clusters using so far the same profiles FSHs ... It will be completed ASAP:

Evergreen version only is planned, that's too much work and ideas are coming faster than I can realize them. $%Grinno$%

First U.H.D grass and wild flora (daisies and cornflowers added to Girafe's poppies resized down) along the road ...

Those 3 are the emblematic trio of french rural flora:

A single grass model (so far), with the same FSH simply reversed for all angles of view and already promising result, I'm just wondering if it doesn't look too green?

... at least am I satisfied with how it blends with my Terrain Mod ...

belfastsocrates; thank you.  :)

Noah;

Well, at least you're more persevering than I am; each time I launched gmax, I was unable to spend more than 5 minutes on it ... a true aversion ... most probably due to the painful revelation of my total incompetence; that's humiliating. ;D
I guess BATers are odd people in RL :D ... but they're the members of the community I admire the most. Moders like me being  just laborious pen pushers. $%Grinno$%

More to come ... ;D

C.