• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Urland - a (mostly) rural Coastline

Started by Nardo69, March 24, 2007, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinz

hello! i was first going to say that i cant find Urland. LOL. silly me. glad you seem to be enjoying the sc4d welcoming party. i definitely will be following how you introduce the rest of the region. see you

Badsim

Hi Nardo ,

Well , effectively some of us seem to know you , I have to confess that I don't ....

Great , really great first set of pics ... Welcome to SC4Devotion , another MD I will follow with a huge interest . :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

pickled_pig

Hello Bernhard

I understand the situation with the infamous "other site" - but I think the problem is that
(a) what is stylistically acceptable and/or viable is changing (in essence, the technical and roadgeek CJ's heyday is over) and
(b) a new generation of "CJ Royalty" and "CJ Nobility" is being formed, resultingly kicking out the former generation.  There are very few CJs anymore by CJers who were around in '05 and '06.
That's just my theory, though.

Your region maps are like archeological digs, where you can see the history of the region as to how it was built in SC4 - different terrain mods, different region map mods...

-aaron

Please, avoid unnecesary adjectives. -jeronij-

thundercrack83

Hello, Nardo69! I missed the first update and just got caught ip and Urland looks great! I love how you've developed it so far, and I can't wait to see what you do next. I'll be looking forward to the next update!

rooker1

Hello Nardo69, Bernhard if that's okay with you.

Nice to see you posting your CJ here as I very rarely go to the other site any more (to the forums that is).
Your pictures were very pleasant to look at.  They had a realistic feel, very cozy and as John said, looks like a very nice place to retire possible. 
The cemetary on the hill side looks very well situated with the tall trees lining the lot. 
Great work and I can't wait till your next update.

Take care

Robin    :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

meinhosen

Nardo,

Great to see you bringing Urland to SC4D.  It's looking just as good as ever... actually, it's looking even better.  I can't wait to see how the region will look when you apply the Columbus mod to all the cities in the region  :thumbsup:

You commented in your initial post that you'll be putting updates of Urland on at least 3 different forums (it might be four)... good luck keeping everything straight

MH..
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

oldrogue

Nardo, I am so pleased to make your aquaintence here..... I must confess I never read the CJ's at any other site...or posted for that matter.... ;D....  My current project is filled with hard to build upon coastline and alpine vales ... so your example is a real inspiration to me... I will follow this with great interest.

Duane
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

Flipside

Love that region view ... looks like there's a lot of depth to this MD.  :thumbsup:

Pinchman

Bonjour my friend !
I'm glad to see that now Urland is part of this site too. Nice first update...like our friend John said, nice ambiance! I like small village, well done Bernard!  :thumbsup:

Wait a minute!!! Is that the same map used in the past ()what() I don't beleive I've seen this map before, did you showed it before? Can't remember. Anyway, I just want to say WOW! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE MAP!!! :o Did you terraform it or you downloaded it? If so, what's the name of it and where did you find it? If not, awsome terraforming job my friend!

Again, nice start and welcome to Urland on SC4D!  ;)
Rgds,
Eric

Shadow Assassin

Oooh, Bernhard, nice to see you come over here, too. I never noticed that you had your MD here until today. Of course, I've seen your last update, and it looks wonderful. Here's to more happy days of updating!

-SA
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Heinz

nothing since apr3? hope everythings fine. definitely want more of urland. see you around

Pikatchoum

Glad to see Urland here :) .
His "champêtre" atmosphere is still relaxing.  :)

mark

Hi Nardo,

love the little fishing port  :thumbsup:

Mark

Nardo69

Sorry - had been a while since my initial post... there had been a lot of things to do IRL and only little progress in Urland. In addition to this I began as a Betatester in the SFBT ...

Anyway I promised to repost the first two updates of Rodewith so that I can go on there (hopefully not too far away in the guture ...)

But of course before I begin: Answers, answers, answers!

@ NikNik: Thanks for the compliment! :)
I like to use the ingame busstop because I am not a modding expert and most custom busstops tend to give work to a complete village like Strandersheim. But on the other hand you are perfectly right ...   &mmm

@ kwakelaar: Yes, next month is the second anniversary of the initial post on "the other site"... Funny as time goes by (where I mean "goes" in a meaning of "run like hell") ...  &Thk/(
And yes, there are quite some free spaces and not finished ones and some coming close to be finished ... so Urland is by far not finished!  ;)

@ bat: Thanks for the compliment!

@ Heinz: So I am glad you found it!  ;) I guess you will enjoy this (rather big) update even though it is a repost!

@ Badsim: As you got to know my by know ... Actually I have to confess that I am not abvle to post as frequent as I wanted to ....  :-[

@ pickled_pig: Thanks for the cpmpliment. As for the archeological digsite - you are more than right. There os one large map where I am working on for the whole time of Urland - there are some parts on it made even without a slope mod. Maybe a good choice for my second anniversary upadte ...  &Thk/( .. let's see ...

@ thundercrack83: Thanks for the compliemnt! The real "First upadte" is this as I am going to finish this medium map with you. For any older update though you have to look on "the other site" ...  ;)

@ Robin (rooker1): Well, the community splitting up is one (out of other) reasons why I came here, too! Yes, that small cemetary is one of those things I just tried out and loved from the beginning. Most of the time I keep my firend Dozer 07 rather busy - I am my worst critic ...  ;D

@ meinhosen: Well, it is some work but I just have to accept that the community split up. And making the pics is a work shared for all updates ... I was really late with the columbus mod and still have the problem that I want to lay out every tile with a lot butI am learning ...;)

@ oldrogue So I am glad I could give some inspiration. Yes, those hard-to-build areas are special - they may drive you crazy when your plans don't work out at all and make you completely happy when everything comes out great (even sometimes diferent from what you intended) - but so is life ...  :D

@ Flipside: Almost two years old (a bit younger tzhan AVR) but by far not dead! This I can assure you!  ;)

@ Pinchman: Bonjour mon ami! I missed you over at the other site ...  :)
Thanks for the compliment, and you may not believe it but it is the same map I am using now for two years ...
Its name is the NWCRDN map from Flamesrock - here's the linkie: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=11005

@ Shadow Assassin: Now you made me feel a little sad as I haven't had the time for your new CJ/MD ... &ops
You may have seen the pics of this update but I do hope to do real update this month!  ;)

@ Heinz: well  RL has a strong grip on me ...  &mmm

@ Pikatchoum: Bonjour mon ami! Thanks for the compliment!  :)

@ mark: Thanks for the compliment! Hopy oulike my small town, too  ;)

I told it at the beginning - this is a reposting as I want to go on here. These pics are from the two updates on the other site I made before Strandersheim. Since I will continue here ...   &ops

An overview. The medium map is almost full yet this does not mean it is finished ...

An Overview over the Altstadt - with ToDo list as the following ...

The Neustadt. With the LE I have been rather lazy - used in mostly to mode other lots fit better in my cities ...  %wrd

RickDangerous on the other site (RickD on Simforum.de) won't have forgotten these pics ...

The end of the ToDo - list but not the End of Rodwitz - as I said before I have become a SFBT betatester and this will be the first big tryout for the ...  $%#Ninj2
well, have a look at the SFBT Thread and a bit patience ...  ;D

I already have begun but not yet finished the first project in Rodewitz: The "Bahnhofsplatz"

The situation before the beginning:

Not too bad but also not convincing ...  :thumbsdown:

Horror Vacui ...  :shocked2:

Some first tries ...

... and the preliminary result. I do love this chuirch from harlemmergold but I don't like its base texture ...

Way better with the exchanged texture. I just have a "tree problem" here: I do love these trees from Jeroni, they have the perfect shape and crown but are way too big ... I guess I ahve to look for an alternative ... and I am open for all kind of suggestions!  ;D

The momentary situation - not too bad but quite some work left ...

That's it for today - next time a really new update!

Until then:

Have Fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

edit: The German version can be found Here as always on simforum.de!
/edit:

thundercrack83

HUGE UPDATE! I love how you're pointing out what you want to change in your city and I can't wait to see you make the changes. From what you've described, it sounds like it's going to be fantastic! Keep up the good work, my friend!

meinhosen

Amazing work!  I'm a big fan of the urban renewal you undertook by placing that church/plaza.  I'll admit too that I like the brick texture you used on and around the church... I"m going to have to hunt that one down in the LE.  You've got a pretty hefty to-do list... I wish you luck.  I also understand you have a new job... best of wishes with that as well.

Awesome work my friend.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

kwakelaar

A big new update, yayh &hlp
Like Meinhosen, I also like these kind of urban renewal work, and the church is a good one. We have a lot of these here in Holland as well.
For the trees, I am quite conservative and will stick with CP or CSX. Colyn has made a some beautiful trees, but they are quite big. Otherwise in CP's latest prop pack you wil find some well made trees and quite a good varity of species.

The area in front of the church is looking nice with all the different types of rowhouses growing there.

Looking forward to see some of your projects from Simzone.

mattb325

Hello Bernhardt - I've very much enjoyed looking at these pictures. A lot going on - but I particularly like the way you bunch 4 similar images together every so often. It reminds me of the old 60's films when they tried to represent telephone conversations and the like so they would cut two or more frames together simultaneaously. :)

Shadow Assassin

Heh, nice work on that church plaza. How about the Cycledogg oak trees? They might fit better.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Zaphod

I think porkissimo's trees would work good too

anyways, it looks great. All those farms with all those props, you must have a fast computer
War Kittens !?