• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Urland - a (mostly) rural Coastline

Started by Nardo69, March 24, 2007, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

This mod seems to be just your kind of thing, and I must say I like too.
The church and the plaza looks very nice now as does the whole staion area with the new mod installed.

tooheys

Damn, I couldn't find a half circle anywhere ;D

Looks great, i like they way all the content fits the theme and your rail layout, well  :thumbsup:

Only one criticism, I didn't see a pub anywhere  ()what(), there must be one somewhere. Hey, it's the only
thing I'm qualified to comment on  :satisfied:.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Looking forward to more of your great work! ;)

Nardo69

Hello to All!

Again it took me some to update but this time it took less than a month - seems to be there is at least hope for me ...

Again I took Rodewitz on hold - this time for betatesting T Wrecks new "Diagonal Rural Filler Lots" - see here for further information!

And again - before we start:

Snaper: Thanks for the compliment! If you love realism you are going to love the next update, too!  ;)

bat(2x): Thanks for the compliments. The update took its time (bad RLS) but here we are ...  :-[

emilin: Sorry, still under developement. There are some problems still usolved ...But in this update there are some more lots under betatest that you might desire badly ...  ;D

Vario80: Thanks for the compliment! Actually it took me quite some try and error untill I felt okay with the plaza ..  ::)

JJ: Thanks for the compliment! :)

Yoder7652: Thanks for the compliment! Kenworth really did a great job on the catenaries, and he is developing quite some more great railway stuff!  :)
BTW: I hope you had a pleasant trip from Osturland to Urland ... Shouldn't have taken that long ...
  :D
rooker1:
Thanks for the compliment, Robin! I guess you will love the next one, too!  ;)

pvarcoe:
Thanks for the compliment, Phil!  :) Actually I put the mod in and out rather frequently as I don't like the "naked" street it makes – and PEGs rural street/road mod is a bit too extreme .. I am about to study those textures when I find the time. I couldn't see ant graphic problems with it though ...   &Thk/(

kwakelaar: Thanks for the compliment my friend! About the railways, well, I had been a trailway fan since I began walking and as a civil engineer I learned quite some of the backkground so ...  ;)

tooheys: So you did fıind me, too! well, as I explained to kwakelaar right above I do love railways and I know quite a bit of them ...  ;)
about the pub: First page, first update, right across the street ... Hey, don't forget, I am German ... :P

Update 17-1: Braubach

or: Diagonally Rural

An Overview of the (medium-sized map). In this update we will stay on the left side of the map at the village "Königsbach" (King's village) and the small sedlement "Sudetenhof".

The Sudetenhof was founded after WW II as a seddlement for the Germans that had to leave their homeland Sudetenland (Today: Cech Republik). These workforces were heavily needed on the surrounding farms.

This seddlement always has never been a "good adress". And as the bus serves the seddlement only 5 times a day (7:15, 13:30, 15:30, 17:30 and 19:30, only on workdays, no service on the weekend) you really need a car or a motorbıke or you're lıterally stuck there for good ...

The small wood above is the made from T Wreck's diagonal filler lots, the wood in the lower left corner is Jeroni's seasonal wood.

Some closeups at the Sudetenhof. T Wreck's fillerlots not only are a great choice for fillıng the necessary gap between streets and farmlands, they also form a great forrest edge.

Diagonally rural in all its glory!

Just ... enjoy!

At the entrance of Königsbach

One advantage of the ingame farm fields is that their number is limited in a way that it is not an endless work to expand them with fences - classic fences from Suico as well as T Wreck's new diagonal filler lots.

BTW: Did you ever saw a diagonal farm field edge before in SC4?

I always loved the details of R$ ...

A close up at Königsbach. Have a look at the dirttrack: the fence on ist left side and the woods are T Wreck's filler lots, the wood on the right side is Jeroni's seasonal woods. I said it before – T Wrecks new lots do make an excellent forrest edge of a wood!

The "Tramper-Ecke" (Translation: Hitch hiker's corner)

Due to the "excellent Bus service quite some (not only) young people use the dirt track as an abreviation to the road to get a lift "to the big world"

But only if the weather is dry as even a slight raın immediately turns the dirt track into a kneedeep mud!

Some shots around Königsbach. Nothing much to say except ... a lot of nice R$ and farmland plus some industry that turned really quickly into HT ...

Another pic of the "Tramper – Eck" as it is my favourite spot on this part of the map.

Like in the update before – this is kind of a betatest – reports.

T Wreck's fillerlots are still in Betatesting hence not available yet.

The next update(s) will (hopefully) take place in the next future, and they will contain some nice railroads ...

Untill then:

Have fun

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

bat

Fantastic farm area, Bernhard! Great work! :thumbsup:

Snaper

Hi Nardo,

It's just fantastic  :o The global view is amazing ... I love

Bref, Cheer l'ami, it's wonderful  &apls &apls

pvarcoe

Beauty!!

Those diagonal farms lots look great.
I can't wait to get my hands on those.

Very nice set of shots Berhard.

Phil

jmyers2043

Suico's package has a number of lots. I presume TWrecks diagonal fencing has about the same? 

Regarding your update: I often look at the various MD's and say to myself "That's nice" then move on. However I keep coming back time and again to your MD's. You sure pack an eyeful into every single picture.  I find myself looking up and down, from side to side, catching every detail.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Andreas

Quote from: jmyers2043 on June 15, 2007, 01:46:05 PM
Suico's package has a number of lots. I presume TWrecks diagonal fencing has about the same?

20 lots, to be precise - and six more are contained in the three SFBT Park Sets. :) I guess they will be released soon, I just need to create a few screenshots (@Bernhard: I figure you could take some snapshots for me?) and a readme file.

Well, as I already said in SimForum, those are some gorgeous shots, really beautiful landscape!
Andreas

sebes

Fantastic - the diagonal farms make the picutres very realistic Bernhard. I agree: Tramper Eck is  &dance !
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

kimcar

Too much time that i didn`t post here. But is`t not because i don`t like it , just missing time. I really like your farming zone . Very well done  :thumbsup:. Great details. &apls &apls

threestooges

This is always a great place to find the next new thing out there. How do you find these things? First the rail mod, and now diagonal farm fences. I think though, that it is fitting to have them showcased here, by someone who has really mastered the art of a rural scene. Another update well done.

Andreas

Quote from: threestooges on June 15, 2007, 10:47:11 PM
How do you find these things? First the rail mod, and now diagonal farm fences.

We (the SFBT) don't find them, we make them. ;)
Andreas

Shadow Assassin

Maybe you have to find out how to do these things before making them? :D

That's why you guys are so good at making stuff because you know how to. ;)

Anyways, Bernhard, you've done a great job. These farm fences blend in extremely well with your farms. And those filler lots are indeed wonderful.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

thundercrack83

Beautiful farmlands, my friend! I love it! Everything looks very realistic. Keep up the good work!

tooheys

Nice work Bernhard, great use of T Wrecks filler lots, hopefully they will be available to all one day, they look great.

I like the way your farms are located on rolling hills. You've seen my rural areas, they are all on flat ground.
Just can't get them to grow properly on a slope, but I'm still practicing.

By the way, the cows in the field, are they part of the lot or ploppable?

Cheers

Dave

rooker1

Great update, and I like how you left the roads a little hilly.  Your farms look great, I think I'll get back to some farming cities in the near future.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kwakelaar

Nice updates from Sudetenhof and Koningsbach. I really like the diagonal farm fields, that is a great improvement, like JimM I too spend quite some time looking at details in your updates and this one was no different.
I look forward to try out some of the new stuff from SFBT

Nardo69

Hello to All!

Since
- I had a rather creative phase with testing these filler lots
- my picture albums are full due to this
- my RLs is rather mild at the moment

I could make another update within one week ... boy, do I pamper you ...   :D  :sunny:

But of course first the replies:

bat: Thanks for the compliment!  :)

Snaper: Thanks for the compliment - I guess you'll love this one, too! :)

pvarcoe: Hi Phil! As far as I know the day is coming ... until then here are some more pics! ;)

jmyers2043: Thanks for the compliment. Andreas already answered you the question, yet I added to more lots that I found necessary.   ;)

Andreas (2x): ... and I am one of the lucky ones who can lay their hands on them rather early! Thanks for the compliment!  ;)

Sebes: Thanks for the compliment! How if we met at the White Swan for a beer (my favourtite of this update ...) ;)

kimcar: Thanks for the compliment! :)

threestooges: well, as a betatester I can lay my hand on those babies rather early ... :D
Thanks for the compliment!

Shadow Assassin: Thanks for the compliment!

thundercrack83 I'll do my very best! :)

tooheys: Hi Dave! Thanks for the compliments! The cows are part of the lot. About two years ago I wrote a three-part tutorial for farming on slopes. You find it on page 7-9 in my CJ "on the other site". If there is demand I may repost and update it though/as  the techniques in the tutorial are still valid IMHO.
BTW: How about a beer in the "White Swan" (see piv 17.19)

rooker1: Hi Robin! Thanks for the compliment.
And from what I Saw fro you until I really would like to see a ruralk setup from you! ;)

kwakelaar: Helo Gjermund! The lots are to be released raher soon. And the detais, well, I always was a bit upset that in highrise areas so much details are hidden by the highrises itself. And that's what I like in a rural setup ... ;)

And now let's go in medias res - here is

Update 17.2: St Georg
or: Diagonally rural 2

An Overview over St. Georg where we will be in this update.
St Georg is situated along a secondary (not electrifed) railwayline. It is not important enough for its own railway station. Yet there is a short freight siding for the local farms and industry ...

Right in the middle of St.Georg you'll find the St. Georg's Church. The church was build in the 12th century yet its basement are from the 8th century when the wide valley of the river Rhen was way to swampy and humid for any seddlement or agriculture hence all seddlements were build in the side valleys.

A little bit down the street to Braubach. The small creek Klausbach (from Klause: hermitage) passes through St. Georgs mostly open.

Strategically located at the crossroads where the street to Kempenich leaves the ARAL gasstation (another SFBT production) is kind of the CBD of St. georg. After 8 pm it sels more beer than gas though ...

Another closeup. I just love that corner ...

The industrial center of St. Georg. There is a lot of discussion about the small freight siding with the DB (German Railways) now for years as the DB says 30 cars per week is not enough for running that siding economicly ...

Due to a massive break though in botanics (some people say due to Genetic Engineering but that is not yet proven at all!) it became possible to grow bananas in the rather mild climate of the Rhen Valley...
It is said, too, that the first banana brandy is under developement, too!

Another closeup.
The Klausbach is forced into a artificial bed. Due to this falls dry between June and August resulting into a massive bad small an myriads of moskitos that love the remaining small pitches of water. A renaturalisation is planned for years now but is doomed due to a permanent lack of money ...

And as the last pic for today:
The white swan - the only beer pub im Stç Georg.

Don't worry - I am not finished by now ... I have quite some pics left for the next update(s).

Until then:

Have fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Snaper

An image like this one, I would dream some to have one in my area of them  ::)

One never wearies such images of them  &apls

Again Cheer  ;)