• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Agree, looks amazing. 

Only one thing, when ARD3 goes under RHW 10S, the lanes divert.  I hope this has been addressed as I love NAM and all the great and imaginative creations, thank you so much for sharing.

Seaman

Does somebody know how to pull this off (or wether it is implemented at all)?

woodb3kmaster

Have you tried putting another tile of space between the two OWRs? By the looks of it, a properly-overridden version of the setup you posted would have two 45° curves end to end, which I imagine isn't currently supported in the RULs. An extra tile would ensure that there's at least a bit of straight OWR-1 between the two curves.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

eggman121

Hi Seaman

I was able to make the setup you wanted to create...

To do this a horseshoe has to be made inside with the OWR network between the two carriageways as shown below, You join the horseshoe to the carriageways with the Road network...

I also notice on my Dev setup I have a missing road path. Looks like it is ok on you end.

Alas you may need someone from the NAM team to make a patch to make the setup functional if this is a problem.

-eggman121

Seaman

thanks a lot! I'll check it on my end asap.  :)

EDIT:

I've checked, but it seems, that in the public NAM36 the pathing is absent, too (green circle).

The correct pathing (but with an override error on the stub end) I showed in my last post appears with this drag pattern (yellow markings).

Also: something seems to be missing with this setup (blue circle).

Tarkus

I think what you're seeing is interference from the One-Way Road network's hardcoded "tidal flow" system.  IIRC, you'd need to draw the LHD pattern for the slip lanes (the reverse of the RHD setup) in order for a slip lane out the left side of an OWR to work properly.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: eggman121 on February 15, 2018, 01:41:23 PM
Thanks for everyone that replied and pressed like on the post  :)

Here are some more teasers...

Basically two variants with the same right of way.

One thing you will notice is "override embedding"

That is once a piece is overridden you may have to remove the piece to override with a different network due to the fact that the override is embedded in the piece. This is due to the structure of the RUL coding. This may be advantageous for making sections of road and overriding the pieces to the variants without starter pieces.

I have coded the R4 variant and am on to the R5 now.

-eggman121

FA-ARD?!?!? Grid broken once again!

eggman121

QuoteFA-ARD?!?!? Grid broken once again!

Not quite FA angles but Multi Radius curves :D

I like to keep things...... Smoooooth

Click for larger size  ;)

Pathing and tidying up the curves will main point of work going forward for this release. I have done what I need to do with the curves. So no more will be added this release.

-eggman121

bladeberkman

brick_mortimer

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

AsimPika3172

Woah! Woah! Woah!!!....   &apls &apls &apls &apls
Best NWM curves ever!!!  :bnn:  :popcorn:  ;D
Please make another one just likes in real world!   :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

mattb325

Smooth indeed  :thumbsup:

Pardon the old cigarette ad...but it has 'smooth' and a corvette!

Terring7

Are you a Michael Jackson fan? Because here we have a smooth criminal :thumbsup:

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

eggman121

Thank you everyone who posted and clicked Like :thumbsup:

We now have to figure out the pathing now for the MRCs... Which is always the painful part.

I have made a spreadsheet that can convert between the Bounding box size and the Outer Arc Length of the curve. Quite neat actually.

From that I am trying to make co-ordinates from the calculations. (Watch this space)

Oh those accolades are making me well... ?=mad)= in laughter :D

I swap around on projects... As I do. To keep thing interesting.

RRW wise I am making Flex Pieces now and have the crossovers and STR to DTR Transition (Including a Diagonal) In flex form.

I can't wait to bring these too you but alas they still need working on.

Thanks for all the commentary and I hope to bring these too you all in the near future  ;)

-eggman121

roadgeek

OK, but that Narrow Ave-4 looks like it is using FA. I can see the 45 degree on the ARD, but the Narrow Ave-4 does not look like a 45 degree path. Maybe I am just seeing things. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Gugu3

Tarkus

Quote from: roadgeek on April 09, 2018, 07:55:58 PM
OK, but that Narrow Ave-4 looks like it is using FA. I can see the 45 degree on the ARD, but the Narrow Ave-4 does not look like a 45 degree path. Maybe I am just seeing things. Wishful thinking perhaps.

The hilly terrain, combined with the incredibly wide radius of those curves (see the existing R4 curves for comparison), is probably what's making the NRD-4 look FA.  The actual stretch of diagonal network there is quite short.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: Terring7 on March 25, 2018, 01:28:59 AM
Are you a Michael Jackson fan? Because here we have a smooth criminal :thumbsup:

Oh don't get me started on Michael Jackson, although you are right about him being a criminal, and a Satan worshipper to boot.

Seaman

Tyberius06

I don't think that this set up is supported at all... Specially, that with these directions that slip lane would be total pointless... But as I remember a lot of slip lane set up haven't been put into the final NAM 36 release, and I don't remember showcases about OWR related NWM slip lanes at all...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.