• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Hello and thanks for the comments.

It's not that I don't want to show pictures from the french try i did, but I didn't take any and already scrapped everything. (including the plugins)

For now I have pictures from a little city I created recently. The terrain was generated using a grayscale map of the Usui pass North-West of Tokyo.

It's really just a small but rich city on top of a the mountain pass. The mosaic is 1280 pixels wide so you can click on it to see the full size.

That's about it for now. What you can expect in the next weeks is more shots of the city during different seasons, some actions of the mountain pass at night... The usual stuff. I won't make any narration because I'm bad at this and I'm really not in the mood for that recently so don't expect a story or something like that... It'll really be just a showcase of the city.
If you don't like it, you think it's repetitive or trash or that the updates get boring, honestly I won't care, I just want to show it, maybe it'll inspire other players.

Well then until next time.  :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

korver

Nice work :) The forest looks neat and the building selection as always is spot on. Also nice to see you making good use of one of takemethere's new towers.

metarvo

This place looks so totally lush!  ;D  You can barely see some of the houses for all of the trees, but of course that looks just like some wooded areas I saw a while back where the houses are well hidden.  Good work, Art!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

compdude787

Nice little town there! I like how dense the trees are!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

MushyMushy

Themistokles

Looks like a nice small town :) I especially like how you've integrated the small cluster of mattb's medium-size buildings on the left side of the mosaic.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

art128

Thanks for the comments. :)

The lush area is inspired by the different areas I've seen in Japan around the Nagano prefecture. ( take a look at Karuizawa, it's the place I got my inspiration for this city, and also where the Usui pass is located.)

So I have some more pictures of the city. Actually I have more than 17 updates ready to be posted and I decided to post one per week. :P

Enough talking, time for the pictures.

That's it for now....

Props & Texture Catalog

romualdillo

The city looks gorgeous! I think my last comment here got lost, but I mentioned it was the first time I could remember that occiental houses are used in a Japanese residential area. They make me think about the film "My neighbor Totoro", and some sort of spa town in the mountains.

Dantes

I like the building of Matt, it fits perfectly into the city. The museum like it wonderful how you have integrated it! The radio tower is equally wonderful places. A great little Japanese town! *hug*

My little brother, do you know this page / blog?

Weekly Review of Transit, Place and Culture in Anime: http://likeafishinwater.com/category/weekly-review-of-transit-place-and-culture-in-anime/

Simmer2

What a wonderful scenery, you really know how to squeeze every last drop from MMP's  &apls &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

MushyMushy

That's a really realistic scene! I like all of the little details. You also managed to make the default Maxis farm/garden textures look good!  :thumbsup:
And thanks, Dantes, that's a really useful blog to get design/layout ideas from!

noahclem

Awesome pictures  &apls  I've never seen a suburban area look that forested and I really like it. I also love the way those wider rail curves look and of course the rest of that network. Great forests and urban areas as well--looking forward to seeing that road with all the switchbacks  :thumbsup:

Gugu3

art128

Thanks for the comments.

That's a really interesting blog Dantes, thanks for the link. Do you have any other building you want me to BAT? I have free time.

Here is yet another mosaic from the same area.

More pictures next week. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Nice mosaics. The forest is lush indeed, I really like the color combination.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Alan_Waters

Bipin

art128

Hello, thanks for the comments. :)

Today just two pictures of the area.

Next update will be night pictures followed by autumn colors. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

compdude787

Fantastic closeups! I like that rail overpass.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel