• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

You can not praise my updates but when they are so old and since then I have not done anything to-date! Now you just get new pictures!  :'(

Replies:
@danholo: Thank you for your comment. I am glad that you you look at my older posts and you like my region. My first release was on March 11, 2011. Since about three years so I'm building this project.
@carlfatal: Caaaaaaaaarl ! Caaaarl! *hug* *double-hug* *many-hugs* Thank you like the idea. I had built earlier before cycling routes, but these were not as sophisticated as this bike paths now. There are now also the first pictures. I hope you show something soon!

Cyclepaths I.

4. On a street car station, there should be space for bicycles.

5. The National Square in the city center is now framed by the bike path. I find that quite well.

7. before:

8. after:

9. old:

10. new:

11. Compared to the city center is on view of the National Square this small corner to relax.

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

art128

These pictures look great my friend. :)

Tomorrow I'm going to model a quick overpass to show you the idea I have in mind.

Edit:
Does something like this will work for you? (it's of course just something I modeled in 5 minutes, not an actual finished product.)

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

I like so much this kind of update, because in updates like this we can see the progress or the improvements ! Fantastic job with the Cyclepaths, I think you did a great job with it.

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

Thank you kelis-senpai!
Boah, art-kun ! That's great work! I love the model

What do you think of such a combination stairs? That would be to save space in the urban environment and be an ideal solution in confined spaces.  :)

noahclem

It's really a pleasure to see more pictures from here Dantes  :)  I'm looking forward to seeing Arthur's bridge in Totori  :thumbsup:

Dantes

Thank you Noah!

Edit: I pressed the wrong button. I have continued to build on the cycle paths and already it dared me to make my flow better. I have disadvantaged the river for a long time, now I want that the city opens to the water.

Cyclepaths II. & River

1.before:

2.after:Look better

4.Traditional w2w buildings to meet post-war building where before a serious fire has cut a swathe in the district.

6.I wanted to open here the bike, so you have a better view on what one looks the same.

7.Lord Simcitler Castle

10.The parking spaces are not just for tourists but also for local residents on their land is no place for a car.

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

Kuewr665

The bike path around the castle is very fitting! And I also like the small business district at picture 12.

However the parking lot in picture 10 seems too big, partially because the houses next to it are densely built. I would keep the lot to 1 tile behind the houses.

epicblunder

I love the feel of the close packed asian houses.   &apls

Quote from: Dantes on June 15, 2014, 09:13:12 AM

Well since you asked... :P

If i could make one recommendation, it would be to stop slathering the green rye grass from the chrisadams pasture flora everywhere.  I realize this is almost needed to transition from hd MMPs to sd terrain to kill the 'floating' effect, so maybe upgrading to an HD terrain mod at the same time would help.  Then you can selectively use the green rye and other small grass MMPs. Some examples by vortext, marsh (none of his pics are loading for me; i hope they're not gone), me, paeng, and of course yan.

Nanami

Pretty nice work with the region! I really love how you made the area full of least modern house making it more like authentic Japanese least urbanized area (just in my opinion).... those bike tracks also really looks nice!
keep up the good work!

Shark7

Your river-bank and rail bridge in this update are fantastic!  &apls  That rocky river bank is one of the most detailed I have seen in a while.  The only way it could be better would be if I were standing on one of those rocks with a fishing rod in hand.  ;)

As far as criticism goes, your style is just different from mine.  There really is no wrong way to play SimCity4 in my opinion.  So it makes it very hard to criticize some one on their work.

For example, you build your cities with all the houses tightly packed together, where mine are all on 2 x 2 or 2 x 3 lots so they appear more spread out.  It's just a difference in how we design, and probably a difference in the areas where we live.  I live in an area where we have lots and lots of land between towns, so we don't have to build densely here.

Dantes

I do not like to be constantly sick.  &sly

Replies:
@Kuewr665:Thank you for your comment. I will heed your advice and rebuild the parking area.
@epicblunder: Hello, thank you for your constructive criticism. But I like this grass.  :P It's part of my landscape style. Finally, I will not rely realistic design, but in comic style, rather in the style I try to get close by Jiro Taniguchi.
@976:Thank you! I like your cities, whether Indonesian or large urban Japanese cities! Fantastic work. I build rather suburban. A small region and in the prefecture city.
@Shark7:I agree with your reasoning. In my region I play land is very scarce. It is built closely. As the region is not very rich is built low and you also recognizes the good in the city of design I think. I hope I see pictures of you!

At the river mouth into the sea

2. I see Shark7

7. Overview: I will renew next in the region, the coast design.

@ art-kun: 
*hug*
*hug-hug*

My Manga Collection:

*hug-hug*

art128

Two fantastic updates, Dantes! Love your work on the bike paths. Also the Torii gate in the water is nice. :)

You have an impressive collection of manga. I'm jealous. :) Though we seem to have very different tastes.. :P (Also I didn't know they made a FLCL manga..)

Props & Texture Catalog

Nanami

Well first I said thanks for your comment :P though I'm not only focusing on large urban for my Japanese cities but I'll try smaller one too...

Nice rocky riverside there! And I like that 4th picture where you use the wall inthe side of river.... might be inspiring me for future use though   $%Grinno$%

carlfatal

No words for this too!  ;)
One word: awesome...  :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

Delightful! Realistic and detailed :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Dantes

Today there are only seen a few pictures.

Replies:
@art128:My little brother is jealous of my manga collection? You can at any time you use! I wanted to ask you how far you are with pedestrian and cyclist bridge. FuriKuri is a very interesting manga is completely different from the anime. I think the manga is better than the anime. I also like the music of the music group 'The pillows'.
@Kisa Atsuko:I like it when other players take on ideas. I think the idea I have of whom else. We are just a great player community. I am pleased that we now have someone who builds a Japanese region. Everyone has their own style and their own goals and dreams, let them realize us!
@carlfatal: Thank you Uncle Carl !
@Mr.Nyan-Cat: thank youuuuu much !

Which railroad train is the correct for my region Totori (Real: 鸟取 市)? Vester-sama help! Q__Q

@art128:My european-japanese living area:
I hope you like it

In night:

art128

Hehe, It's not that I'm jealous.. More impressed by the amount. ( though I do have seen people with much more than that)
Nice place, seems like a cosy room to live in. :) I wouldn't like to sit on the floor all day long though. :D

Pictures are nice too! Always love how you use the old styled houses, it gives a nice atmosphere to your region. :)

As for the trains, I think one of the JNR 948 series from Vester Vol8, or a one of the 485 series from Vester Vol6 would look great in your region.

As for the overpass, I haven't worked on it yet. I was planning to do some work on it tomorrow. :)

PS, my collection is much smaller. On top are my favorite, the one I like to have on display. At the bottom are the others... Which i don't really like the series anymore. (sorry for crap pic, it's night and the lighting is really bad, plus my phone isn't the best to take pictures)

EDIT

Here's where I'm at on the overpass. Tell me if there's something you'd like i change. Also of course it's not finished, needs more details, textures and lighting.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Quote from: Dantes on June 29, 2014, 02:30:57 PM
Which railroad train is the correct for my region Totori (Real: 鸟取 市)? Vester-sama help! Q__Q

You called!

What part of Japan would you say its from ?

I am thinking maybe one of the JR Kyushu trains (Vol 5 + Vol 8) or maybe one of the Kitakinki Tango Railway - KTR trains. (Vol 8).
These can be use both on glr and as well as "normal" rail.
If you want an older look you could go with one of the JNR 948 from vol 8.
You could combine it with a set for the longer rail distance like the JRE/JRW 985, Vol 6 (what Arthur calles 485, he got an early version of it) 1 .
This combination would take a little taking plug-ins in and out, depending of what you what to take pictures of.

EDIT: Looks like Arthur posted while I was writing my post. He have a bit of the same thought as I have.
1 Had a lot of trouble figuring out what I should called the model, as there is a few of different models that looks very similar. JR 948 being one of them.

Great looking city.  &apls &apls &apls

romualdillo

You've created a splendid atmosphere there!! My favourites are the second and third images, with the trains, the red brick fabrics, the trees and all the other details you've worked. They remind me some old postcards from Japan I've seen. I like the river and the coast very much, too!!!

Dantes

*au* ;_; I was pulled another wisdom tooth on Thursday. Since then I have headache.

Replies:
@art128:*brother-hug* I used to have a lot more manga. I had 15 meters of shelf space only with manga. The bicycle and pedestrian bridge is very impressive! Have you read my comment from the other day? I think many will enjoy your bridge!
@vester:Thank you for your help! I am glad that you purely look here! I have now but a bug in the game, more on this below.
@romualdillo:Thank you for your comment. I am very glad that you like my region. It is just not near the urban jungle and so is much more ancient structure preserved.

A little Bug by Train skin

Reading helps known. I've only tried once both trains. I could not decide precisely. I you would like to share the images.

4.Now I have decided on a train but it looks like this:

Help

The coastline

The other day I noticed that my coast looks not so good. I have neglected it. I have now updated the coastline and hope you like it.

5. Overview:

6. Shizumacho

10. Mihonseki

12. Hizu-Village

16.Kojama