• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Very good! I know a real place that looks a lot like that small railyard.

Cheers
Willy

art128

Interesting update Onii-chan!

I like what you have done with the surrounding of the seaport. The small freight yard is kawaii! 
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Very very nice!keep it up! &apls

Shark7

Some delayed comments:

Going back to your fishing harbor/packing plant.  I have to say this was done very well.  It is obvious you put a great deal of time and thought into how to accomplish it and you have succeeded grandly.

The port  is also well done.  I really like you have utilized Mas71's walls pack to bring the area to life.  You have found a great use for them as fencing and dividers, as well as embankments.  I think I particularly like your sunken freight rails.

Outstanding job on these last few updates.   &apls

You've actually inspired me to go back and rework the industrial areas in the map I'm currently playing, as now I have seen just how much better they can look with a little effort.  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Great work on the port area  &apls  I love the way the rails look but I wish there was a way you could make their turns smooth. Looking forward to the next update  :thumbsup:

apeguy

Nice port areas, I like the attention to detail, as well as the roundabout in the last couple of pics. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Dantes

So many comments, thank you!

Replies:
@Swordmaster:Thank you for your comment. I am glad that you like the rail link and you are happy now.
@art128: *kawaii* You are kawaii, too  ;) If I have time I will soon send you an email.
@Gugu3: Thank you much ! ^^ Ti ringraziamo per il tuo commento.
@Shark7:Thank you for your detailed comment. I play SimCity for many years. When you play I think about how I want to live forever and what it looks like in reality.
@noahclem:I agree with you it is a great pity that there is no way to get diagonally downhill add soft curves. Your latest pictures I find the way great, I would be happy even when you see modern neighborhoods. Your teaser has me curious.
@apeguy:I have long wondered what I build in the roundabout. To me it was important to build something uniquely Japanese about what port / gate.
Thus the idea of the Tojis.

Public Transport: Cycling in Totori

After I made to paengs cycling set. According to initial tests, now a cycle path emerged. The goal is to provide a network of routes Sims to ride the car for short distances less.
First I would like to create a bike path which is then connected to the inner cities.

1. Firsts tests with relot bike path set

3. The first completed section of the bike path.

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

art128

Quote from: Dantes on November 19, 2012, 02:32:10 PM

@art128: *kawaii* You are kawaii, too  ;) If I have time I will soon send you an email.

You are the kawaii one here, Onii-chan!

Excellent work with the bike path there, it looks like a nice area where I'd enjoy my bicycle. ;) I love the two last pictures.

Props & Texture Catalog

Framly

Great work Dantes! I really like your bike paths ;)

Keep it up :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

noahclem

Great idea to add bike paths! I made a park path recently where I wanted bikes to travel but couldn't find good bikes :/ It's great to have more of them in SimCity!

Gugu3

Very nice!!great idea to have the bike path running beside the railway tracks!! &apls

RickD

Very nice bike path. I have paeng's set in my plugins but never found a good place to use it. But you gave me some ideas.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Swordmaster

Yes, that looks a lot like our rail lines in Belgium, where there's always some stretch of bike path next to them. And as an avid cyclist, I can appreciate that!

Cheers
Willy

carlfatal

Nice pictures, and like swordmaster i really appreciate the spurline to the port. All goods should be transported by railways...  ;)
Unfortunately my computer is wrecked, so i have no chance to play my region anymore. Its inactive but not forgotten. A soon as possible i will repair my machine, but not before the next year...  &mmm

Back to topic: i like the bikepaths you created, and yeah, Japan is not only busy, it has lots of empty space and wonderful nature too. And Your pictures show both sides.  :thumbsup:

Greetz, Carl

Dantes

So many comments ! Thank youuu !

Replies:
@art128: My kawaii Otouto-kun  :P *hug* Thanks for the compliment, I think I'll run the bike path by landscape. First, the bike path through the urbanization's turn.  :)
@Framly: Thank you Framly-senpai ! °w°
@noahclem:Hello Noahclem, it is difficult to find suitable bikes. I recommend the bikes from nbvc. I look forward to your park.  $%#Ninj2
@Gugu3:Thank you for your comment. I used to railroad beside the railway line plots with the power poles for. By a mod is the space disappeared and I am glad it is now part of the cycle to be used again.
@RickD:Hi Rick, I fine you sometimes can give ideas. I think in your capital city would be a couple of cycling certainly be great for the sport citizens on their bicycles. I'm still very curious how your road network develops.
@Swordmaster:Thank you for your note. I did not know that there is something like this really, since I have not seen any pictures. I'm trying to implement Copenhagen ( wold city of bike) in japanese implementation/mentality. I hope you visit soon Totori to test the bike paths extensively.  ;D
@carlfatal:It is very sad to hear that your computer is broken still. I hope you could save your data and restart next year. Until then, you will surely have lots of new ideas and it will be the availability of new downloads. I wish you the best, your MD is fantastic.

Cycling transition

Today I dealt with the problem come as the cyclist on the road. If the cyclist must stop at every street because of the traffic, it takes a long time to be on target. The solution is the crosswalk.

The crosswalk work in the game as a bus station. The solder can be recognized by the simulation and any traffic flowing through it. I can now build everywhere crosswalk optional.  :)

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

noahclem

Nice pics of the bike paths again  &apls  Thanks a lot for the info on nbvc's bikes  :thumbsup:

art128

Nice little crosswalk for bicycle there, Onii-chan! So you're going to expand the bike path through the fields?

Props & Texture Catalog

solsystem

Oh, I missed some updates. Very well done, Dantes, many good ideas in your work.

Dantes

Thank you for the three comments

Replies:
@noahclem:If I can help, I help a lot. Dr I am also grateful for many good ideas and for the regular comment.Thank you !  :thumbsup:
@art128: Otouto-chan ! Art-kun °Ö° *hug* Yes, I'm going to build the bike path later partially through the rice fields. Perhaps the cycle goes up to Hiroshima! That would be very good for tourism.  :P
@solsystem: Thank you for your comment  :)

Public Transport: Cycling in Totori II

I have continued to build on the bike path a bit. Since paengs puzzle pieces offers too few opportunities I will look for a alternative yet. Also, I have pulled a couple of blocks of flats.

3. This Skyway is an idea by RickD last Update  ;)

9. The bike path ending at the school

10. Overview

noahclem

Nice pictures and bike path work  :thumbsup:  The skyway looks great  &apls