• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Ol.S / Benoit

QuoteNissin Foods is the world leader in instant products.

Thaught it was Subway no ?
Anyway nice update, very creative. :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Dantes

Thank you for so many comments! I'm happy did you like this OSITM.  &ops

Replies:
@art128:You live in a beautiful country with great regional cuisine. Why do you eat then just prefer instant noodles?  :D
Thank you again that you like the update. I am grateful for the many comments. (I also thought what would Hentail for NERDS)
@rooker1:The headquarters of Nissin Foods is here:
http://kurokumoitiba.hide-yoshi.net/BAT/file/NissinOsakaBuilding.zip
Thank you for your comment. I hope you like the new series in my MD.  :)
@Battlecat: Thank you !  :)
@noahclem:Thank you. I strive for variety and culture, history and fun in my MD.  :) Thank you that you like my MD.  :)
@bat: Thank you my Friend  :)
@SCWTC4: My italian Friend  ;D I thank you for your comment. You know you very well in manga. Respect!  :thumbsup:
@RickD:What are great flavor enhancers. Used properly they are great. Unfortunately, not all companies are as honest as Nissin and say what they are doing pure. Have fun eating.  ;D
@Framly: Thanky you.  &ops Thank you !  :) Thank you for everything.  :'(
@Ol.S / Benoit:I do not understand what you mean.  &mmm  Subway is a fast food chain. Nissin produced but not fast food but instant food and sells it in supermarkets. What you're saying?  &mmm

First Advent: The last special OSITM update

The Christmas season in japan is not a big party. Many young people see this as a Valentine's Day and exchange presents to each other.
This update is my last update for OSITM. As of Sunday, my new project starts here: Old Japan. I hope you stop by again. I thank you for the many comments. Thank you!

1. It is the Santa Claus!

2.A house, deep in the north of Japan, Hokkaido.

4.In the stillness of the night ...

5....comes Santa Claus, bringing gifts.  ()stsfd()

Only art128, SCWTC4 and carlfatalget a gift. Only they see in the night the christmas girl.  :D

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism. :)

peter007

Great pictures. But aren't you a month too soon?

-Ernst

Dantes

Quote from: peter007 on November 25, 2011, 03:09:32 PM
Great pictures. But aren't you a month too soon?

-Ernst

With the slide, it takes a long time why Santa Claus begins earlier.  :D  ;D

Battlecat

A fantastic finish to a fantastic month.  Lovely work, looking forward to what you've got coming next!

Orange_o_

You were part of the MD that I had not looked. Shame on me!  ()sad()

I'm a fan, maybe it is to the manga, but I really love japan style you created.  ::)

What I like is that each update, we discover something truly new.

... there is that your last update that is not up to my expectations, but I appreciate the nod to Christmas coming soon.

In short, go on, even if I do not have time to post regularly know that I would follow closely the result of your topic.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

art128

Quote from: Dantes on November 25, 2011, 03:01:32 PM@art128:You live in a beautiful country with great regional cuisine. Why do you eat then just prefer instant noodles?  :D
Thank you again that you like the update. I am grateful for the many comments. (I also thought what would Hentail for NERDS)

Ahah, that's true, but I must say i prefer instant food, it's much easier to prepare and the cook, and it taste better in my opinion. About the Ecchi, thanks for the gift :P

Nice update, lovely pictures. If she's Santa, then I'm ready to believe Santa DO exist and is not something for the little kids! :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

SCWTC4

very nice last OSITM update, we're a moth early but who cares, when something is good is good, the rest does not count.
so your next project is old japan, i'll follow it wherever this MD will be after the ositm ends, see you soon  :thumbsup:

and about the gift:
Quote from: art128 on November 26, 2011, 02:14:25 AMIf she's Santa, then I'm ready to believe Santa DO exist and is not something for the little kids! :D
did i really need to say something else?  :D
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Shark7

Dantes, while I have been following your MD for a while, I've not posted comments to this point because a simple 'good job' or 'looks great' didn't suffice.  However, with this being your last OSITM update, I thought I should.

First off yes, good job and it does look great.  But the main reason for that is that you chose a theme, and stuck with it through.  You've also found the ability to strike a balance, that is not over-developing your cities, which something I always seem to do.  :thumbsup:

Secondly, I find inspiration in my own game play from MD's like yours.  One thing I have noticed with myself (and I'm sure others are aware of it too) is that while I can recreate my own little corner of the world easily, branching out away from what is familiar is very hard to do, it never quite 'looks right'.  By seeing your MD, I have seen several techniques I'd like to try in my own cities to help break away from the familiar.  Its the wonderful thing about sharing in the community.  :)

And you gotta love the cup of noodles.  Decades ago when I first got out on my own I practically lived on them.  Now that I'm older, I still enjoy them now and again, but I've discovered that if I put them in a sauce pan and add a little meat and more veggies, they are even better.  ()stsfd()

Looking forward to your next project.

bat

Fantastic winter scenery there!!!
Looking forward to the tomorrow's update...

Dantes

Thank you for your many comments. Today begins a new adventure. Have fun!

Replies:
@peter007: Thank you  :P
@Battlecat:Thank you.Today starts the new project. 
@Orange_o_:You might be forgiven. I am very creative and always have new ideas. I just inform me on any subject and search templates. I thank you and look forward to seeing you continue in my MD.
@art128:You are no longer a small child. You will receive a visit from Santa girl.  :P Thank you for your comment.
@SCWTC4:Thank you for the faithful. I hope you like the new project. I would love to see pictures of you too.
@Shark7:I like instant noodles seasoning to vegetables and mix well after my own garden. Wow, thanks for your detailed comment. So much honor. It is difficult at the beginning of the correct dimensions to build. I like suburbs. Large cities tend to build too fast for the size. I'm trying to orient Framly RONDNOIR and my manga. I also like to look at Japanese forums about their cities. Many thanks for your praise, I strive to be better myself.
@bat: Thank you !

Old Japan: Kamakura era. The beginning.

We are located around the year 1200 In the southern domain of the later Citlermoto clans have fishermen from their fishing grounds of neighboring domain.

1.Overview

2.The estuary is the boundary between the two domains.

3.Wild and free, the riverbank.

4.In the country there are swamps.

On the coast is located in a place without a beach cliffs.

7.These fishermen have to pay taxes in the neighboring domain-high and very hard work. Let us look, if they build a new home.

The next update is coming tomorrow!

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism. :)

carlfatal

OMG,
i forgot looking in, i missed so much...
the bathing at night for example...  :P
And like art said: now i believe in santa too, hope she´ll visit my little home... 

But now something serious: great beginning of Your "Old Japan" series!  &apls
And what did You say about MMP´s? I think You work very well with them!  ;)
And now i can´t wait for the next pictures although i´ll miss miss santa in these ancient times.  :'(
Greetz, Carl

SCWTC4

Quote from: Dantes on November 26, 2011, 04:04:04 PM
@SCWTC4:Thank you for the faithful. I hope you like the new project. I would love to see pictures of you too.
honestly i'm thinking about opening a MD for about a year now, but i have basically no skill in photo-editing, aside for that i still need to build more because the region is still clearly a work in progress, also i often go back and make modification to some already built tiles because i'm not satisfied about how they come out, i also need to understand how to overcome a little annoying bug/glitch that cuts away from region view all the terrain that is higer than 4.000 meters; and last, but not least, university is sucking me nearly all my free time thus reducing to minimum the time i can spend playing SC4.. 

now, back to your MD...
QuoteI would also appreciate negative criticism.
mmmh, negative criticism? the only thing i could find after looking many times it's about some of the threes, the lighter green ones in the very first pic looks a bit too straight, but maybe there is an explanation for that (i mean the narrow horizontal line, it cuts the other threes completely straight).
any other thing here looks very good
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

art128

Nice start on the old Japan. Looking forward for the first colonies. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nbvc

bat

Battlecat

Very nice start, the forest looks great.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the fishermen kick off their settlement!

Shark7

While overall it looks good, I do notice that the lighter colored (decidious type) trees seem to be too linear.  In my experience, trees of the same type tend to grow in clumps that are more or less circular in shape, as the seeds fall from the trees and grow where they land.

Now take this all in context, I live in an area of mostly plains and have very little experience with real forests.  The closest thing I have to compare to is what we call 'shinnery' which is made up mostly of shinnery oaks (quercus havardii), mesquite trees, and wildflowers and prairie grasses.  It grows in thick clumps of trees separated by open patches of wildflowers and prairie grasses.

io_bg

Look great, I can't wait to see how this develops :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November