• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mikeseith's Modular Parking Garages

Started by mikeseith, June 18, 2010, 07:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciuu96

Woah, this is just... great! The overhanging pieces really make the possibilities almost unlimited! Could we have the same for the 2-level garages, so people could line their elevated roads and rails over the garage?

But really, these are the best parking garages ever!  :thumbsup:
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

mikeseith

Ciuu96 ,
That's an interesting idea.  I may just have to think about working up some of those.

cubby420

Wow, the overhang is a stroke of genius. Even if you never get those shadow issues worked out, these will still be so useful to those space savers among us.  :thumbsup:

josh6

Hey mike, I love your work. Its amazing. But I you have the time could you make the stacked parking lots?
I tried to make one with L.E. on the fly.

Its pretty bad but I know you could make a better one.

cubby420

Whoa josh6! Pretty bad? More like damn good...especially "on the fly." You clearly have the skills to complete that project yourself, and I for one would love to have it. Its a great detail piece for crowded downtowns and CBDs.

noahclem

Awesome work josh6  &apls

I'll echo everything Andrew said

amapper

I've used the two level lots extensively and love them. Any idea of a release date for the larger sets?

jdenm8

Considering MikeSeith hasn't posted in this thread since September... I'd say not for the forseeable future...

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Aaron Graham

Looks great, I always wonder how the cars get down. :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

dwelln8hss32

Saw the 8 level garage over on STEX, gotta say, bravo on your accomplishment! The modular concept is HUGE, and your design is just awesome. Kind of holding out for the 4 level modular garage ("in the works") for my typically smaller cities. Can't wait to mess around with this 8 level beast, thanks for putting it out there!  :thumbsup:
All metropolitan dreams start somewhere... in the minds of many, in the feet of less, but in the hands and hearts of only few.

RickD

I thought this project was dead and then BAM! the 8-level set is on the Lex.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

j-dub

Back in action again! Great to be Eight!

deanva

I take it we use the in game street to connect the 8 level garage to other roads?

mikeseith

Quote from: deanva on September 19, 2012, 05:05:46 PM
I take it we use the in game street to connect the 8 level garage to other roads?
Yep, the entrance lot is transit enabled for the street.

deanva

Thanks for your answer. Have a suggestion on the entrance to the parking garage, in addition to the two way entrance, make an entrance only and a separate exit only like they use at a majority of airports in the at least the United States.

keepmada

As stated on ST, I think very highly of this particular creation.  After spending 3-4 hours experimenting with various configurations, I have identified a revision that I believe has the highest benefit/effort ratio - The addition of an opposing outside corner.  Doing so would significantly increase possible permutations and compatible grid layouts.  Did I say that right?  Anyways, thanks for sharing your work.

dyoungyn

Mikeseith,

ABSOLUTELY LOVE your parking lots/garages.  I use your lots/garages A LOT in my cities as it adds to great realism.  I am really hoping and holding out for your FABULOUS work with the 4 level parking garage. 

Again, keep up the AMAZING work and please don't hang up your creativity.

dyoungyn

dyoungyn

I guess Mikeseith is MIA or no longer doing his WONDERFUL parking garages.

mgb204

You think? His last post was over three years ago. It's generally frowned upon to reopen zombie threads.