• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mikeseith's Modular Parking Garages

Started by mikeseith, June 18, 2010, 07:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travismking

hehe but in the evening they drive all the way home, so they pick up a new car every morning from this garage :D <3 stupid sims :p

RebaLynnTS

From the picture, I'd say they were riding the train to town, picking up a rental car, then heading to work :)

BTW, you have inspired me to finish my parking project (MPK - Modular Parking Kit).

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

mikeseith

Our Sims will have lots of parking options.  I like the kiosk at the entrance.

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Lowkee33

I think we are better off with this little strangeness.  Perhaps there could even be a cab stand added to make more sense out of it.

As SC4boy says, its either all or none with the transit switch.  I was looking at the SC4 parking garage and there seems to be no switch to cars.  I have never used one.  How do people cope with the return commute as of now?

The other thing is that I would guess the sims in Travismaking's picture are headed out of town for the morning commute.  Perhaps that is an issue for the town board.

PS:  sweet train on the bottom left :)

mikeseith

Its high time for an update.  I have been busy lately but have had time to work on the garages.  Most of my efforts have been on the 8 level garages, and here is a sample of what is done so far...

I have also been working on the airport shuttles.  The modeling is mostly done and next up is putting them in-game. 

So, the project is progressing.  If you have followed any of my other projects you know how slow I can be to release my works, but it'll get there. Eventually.

travismking

cant wait til the 4 and 8 story ones are out :) Im currently using the 2 level ones with plans to change them to 4 or 8 when they get released, the 2 story ones just dont look too good around a huge busy downtown. BTW the 8 story look FANTASTIC

Jack_wilds

...man! you have been busy  :D Particularly like the stairs/elevator towers... how are the entries going to look  ()what() and will the entries be given some appearance enhancements as well  %confuso

I'm using the two story version and I like for the most  :thumbsup: part but I wish that I could tell one piece from the other -I'm pick-n-plop-n-bulldozer  &mmm in search of the right piece... I guess I haven't memorized the icons well enough

Jack  :satisfied:

mikeseith

Thanks for the replies folks.  I think these are going to look good when finished too.  Jack: Sorry about the difficulty with searching through the lots, it was the best system I could think of.  I'm afraid you won't be too pleased with the 4 and 8 level garages.  They will each have about twice as many lots each as the 2 level garages

Jack_wilds

...don't get me wrong I do like what is made and use it... perhaps some sort of label on the icons to state what it is may help to ID between pieces in the menu ::) &idea (perhaps your already aware this  %confuso)...as the icons for the set I have are all the same... but it doesn't keep me from making use of the lots  ;)

Jack

travismking

if you mouse over the icon the description says exactly what it is :p

Jack_wilds

Quote from: travismking on September 14, 2010, 02:48:18 PM
if you mouse over the icon the description says exactly what it is :p

...oooh or dooh  ??? (spelling ()what() ) my bad sorry ()sad() -now I know, thanks

editfish

very impressive.  &hlp

Since these are modular, are there any plans to include modules with train, subway and/or bus connections?

JACK: you might look into using the DAMN (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1775) as you can add your own descriptions to the ploppables to help yourself keep track of them better.

TiFlo

RickD

Great progress. I have several garages around my city that badly need expansion. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

j-dub

Got to say this looks real on a twenty-eight inch screen. &apls

mikeseith

Here is the latest with the 8 level garages.  Using the magic of overhanging props, I present to you...A parking garage straddling a 2 square wide space.

Now on to the negatives.  I know the nightlighting is a little too bright on the bridging pieces and will have to be re rendered.  Also, there are some shadow issues that I may never get a handle on.  It is only really with 1 piece and I'll probably never find a fix for it, so I won't worry about it at this time.

Now, on to the pedestrian bridges...

rooker1

I just fell out of my chair......
Great work. &apls
Call me Robin, please.

travismking

that is amazing mate, cant wait til they are ready :) youve really made the night lights amazing, looks almost real

editfish

:shocked2:  I'm speechless.   It's even better than I was expecting.  %BUd% %BUd%