• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

WOW, Derry, this is a real fine system! A futuristic elevated rail. Maybe meant as a magnetic floating transport system? It would really be nice to find the designer and work together with him/her for a complete working transport system. As if we don't have enough NAM, SAM, FAR FRAA, HRSP, EL etc... :D

mightygoose

good old 2ch.simplayer.net its strange seeing his ATEX system in a non sci fi city journal, i gues thats progress for you... :P great work as always
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Gaston

Derry,
    Barby filled in the gaps in my memoey these were origonally from Y.H.   Linkiehttp://www.yuhisa.com/cgi/c-board/c-board.cgi?cmd=all;page=3;id=  He still posts, albeit rarely, in our Japanese pages.   Perhaps someone like MAS could get ahold of Y.H. for us.

---Gaston

sorry for the long url listed but the "hyperlink" doesn't seem to work like it used to for me.
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

bat

Nice work on ATEX there and Aerial Tube EXpress is a very good name for ATEX!
Winderful pictures of your city! Looking forward to more... ;)

Battlecat

Very cool!  That's quite the network there.  Neat idea simulating functionality with the subway system! 

Jmouse

What a special treat - a refreshing cuppa in charming company!

After reading about your experience with the ATEX, you may rest assured all praise is warranted - and then some! The models themselves are works of art. Then the skill, patience and understanding to install them correctly is a study in artistry! Thank you for showing us how it's done.

I shall miss TaTT
during the upcoming temporary lapse, however the GRV II Challenge will provide a pleasurable diversion for both players and spectators. Best of luck to you in the competition - I've no doubt your work will be superb.

Later...
Joan

dedgren

25,000 page views, Derry.  A pic in a minute.

There you go.  There'll be many, many more, my friend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

Thanks for catching that David.

Gee who would have thought I'd get that many readers? Certainly not me $%Grinno$%

Thank you all to everyone who has taken the time to visit and comment ;D
It really means a lot to me.

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

catty

Quote from: TheTeaCat on March 18, 2009, 03:12:11 AM... who would have thought I'd get that many readers? Certainly not me ...

you can't beat a good cup of tea and something interesting to read with it  ()stsfd()
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

TheTeaCat

I just want to say thanks to all my readers who helped me reach 25,000 views.
If your one of the regulars or a new reader, I couldn't have done it without you.
Thanks once again and here's to 50,000

Quote from: thundercrack83 on March 14, 2009, 05:16:34 PM
Wow, Derry! Wow!

I've never seen anything like this before, my friend! So futuristic, yet still really realistic! Every time I stop in here, I'm amazed it what you have to show us!

Excellent work, as always, my friend! Excellent work!

Dustin

Thanks Dustin.
As I said before I found it when I thought I'd lost it and with refilling TatTT well it was a simple choice. Besides I hadn't seen others use it and thought I'd give it a bit of a showcase. More stuff to come yet :thumbsup:

Quote from: Pat on March 14, 2009, 09:16:21 PM
Derry what can I say that Dustin didn't???  Ain't it so cool to know when you have learned something and put it to use and it works ain't that the best feeling??? I know for me it is!!! I am excited for you that you got the ATEX working for you and hope you can find the original so maybe a release could be imminent  ;)

I was experimenting with the reader a bit and thought it'd be cool if it were functional also instead of just been eyeccandy. I am still testing them but so far so good. Maybe one day they might be in a position to release but don't hold your hopes folks.
At the moment it is not going to happen and they are personal use only. ;)
Sorry to sound so negative but I do not own the models.  $%Grinno$%
Still you can enjoy them by looking at mine ()stsfd() LOL

Quote from: Sciurus on March 15, 2009, 04:52:25 AM
The ATEX is very futurist, and it looks like odd &mmm Excuse, but I don't really like future and its progress, I prefer city, which are in present, and which go near reality, you know. But I hope you know control this, and if you can, I think it'll be very good ;)
Guillaume :thumbsup:

Thank you Guillaume for being so honest.  :thumbsup:
I thought it might be something that may be too much for some but I somehow like its futuristic look and could not resist using it.
It is just one main line through what will be the CBD (hopefully) and who knows may fit just right in. Lets see what happens.

Quote from: FrankU on March 15, 2009, 07:05:59 AM
WOW, Derry, this is a real fine system! A futuristic elevated rail. Maybe meant as a magnetic floating transport system? It would really be nice to find the designer and work together with him/her for a complete working transport system. As if we don't have enough NAM, SAM, FAR FRAA, HRSP, EL etc... :D

Who knows what the propulsion system is - I just know it efficient at moving the sims :D :D at them mo anyway but then again the population is low at the mo. who knows how good it will be when the 'scrapers arrive.
Didn't you know if it hasn't got an acronym it must not be any good  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Quote from: mightygoose on March 15, 2009, 07:38:37 AM
good old 2ch.simplayer.net its strange seeing his ATEX system in a non sci fi city journal, i guess that's progress for you... :P great work as always

Thanks MG
Yes I know its strange but it just looks so good ::) 
Progress like time, wind, the sea and aging cannot be stopped I'm afraid  $%Grinno$% so I guess we gotta live with it eh :D

Quote from: Gaston on March 15, 2009, 08:31:06 AM
Derry,
    Barby filled in the gaps in my memory these were originally from Y.H.   Linkiehttp://www.yuhisa.com/cgi/c-board/c-board.cgi?cmd=all;page=3;id=  He still posts, albeit rarely, in our Japanese pages.   Perhaps someone like MAS could get ahold of Y.H. for us.
---Gaston
sorry for the long url listed but the "hyperlink" doesn't seem to work like it used to for me.

Yes it'd be great if he was contactable but at least we have the link to these fantastic creations eh ;D ;D

Quote from: bat on March 15, 2009, 09:07:28 AM
Nice work on ATEX there and Aerial Tube EXpress is a very good name for ATEX!
Wonderful pictures of your city! Looking forward to more... ;)

Thanks Bat.
Aerial Tube EXpress is the name I am leaning towards too.
Glad you like the update too :thumbsup: More to come also :D

Quote from: Battlecat on March 15, 2009, 09:54:17 AM
Very cool!  That's quite the network there.  Neat idea simulating functionality with the subway system! 

Thank you BC.
Something different eh :D Glad you like it.

Quote from: Jmouse on March 15, 2009, 04:43:11 PM
What a special treat - a refreshing cuppa in charming company!

After reading about your experience with the ATEX, you may rest assured all praise is warranted - and then some! The models themselves are works of art. Then the skill, patience and understanding to install them correctly is a study in artistry! Thank you for showing us how it's done.

I shall miss TaTT
during the upcoming temporary lapse, however the GRV II Challenge will provide a pleasurable diversion for both players and spectators. Best of luck to you in the competition - I've no doubt your work will be superb.

Later...
Joan

Thanks as always Joan.
You have such an eloquent way of complimenting people ;D ;D.
Oh no don't worry there will still be little updates and teasers while I partake in GRV II so you will still be able to have your cuppa and read too.
I'm really looking forward to the comp but only because its the taking part with such other esteemed players that is the reason I'm playing.
I'm not in it to win it  $%Grinno$% but if I did that'd be great too :D :D

Quote from: dedgren on March 18, 2009, 12:04:04 AM
25,000 page views, Derry.  A pic in a minute.
(edit:pic removed for tidiness)
There you go.  There'll be many, many more, my friend.
David

Thanks for been so eagle eyed and catching the moment for me David :thumbsup:
Oh I'll never catch up with 3RR  $%Grinno$% I know that now  :D :D but it still nice to see that its always
higher than the last time I checked :D :D

Quote from: catty on March 18, 2009, 10:39:10 AM
you can't beat a good cup of tea and something interesting to read with it  ()stsfd()

Thank you Catty
Such a nice compliment  ;D

I made you this to enjoy with this mini update

Now these few pics come from the town of Shacklesford.

Quote from: Battlecat on March 02, 2009, 02:33:04 PM
Fantastic work.  All the pictures look great, but I must admit a weakness for the first one, that's a lovely rural shot.  Which farm is the one with the flowers? 
here you go BC. I hope this is the farm you were referring to ;)

Area I'll be working on probably for the next update

So there you go folks hope this mini update helps till I get back to normal. Whatever that is  ::)

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Schulmanator

A great little rural town. Makes me want some fresh ice cream right from the creamery. Got any? I am hungry!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

bat

Nice pictures of your rural part of your region there! Congrats on over 25000 views!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls &apls

Battlecat

Yup, that's the one I was looking at!  Thanks very much! 

It's great to see more of your rural area there, I like the winding roads! 

Jmouse

Shacklesford is the kind of little town on a riverbank I dream of creating someday, and wouldn't mind living there. Your farms are beautifully restful as always, especially the one on the right side of the second photo. Your choice of BATs continues to amaze - you have a comfortable variety, but all of them fit well together. So often I see the opposite - quantity without harmony. The pastures are well done, too - a bit different but still a fitting part of the overall scene.

Later...
Joan

Simpson

Hi Derry !
This update is looking amazing  :thumbsup: Those farms are incredible.
The general picture is superb too  :o Fantastic work my friend !
I'm looking forward to the next update,

Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

fantastic rural area as always Derry !  &apls
i like that little village and the farms landscapes, very realistic but I think you know that !  $%Grinno$%
I'm always impressed by your building style my friend. Habitually, I don't like making (and seeing) little farms like that, but you done these farms in a  way that I love it !
I just can reproach the waterfront, i think you should rework it with more details like dead woods, little rocks... You've always done it like that, I think you have planed to make it later !  :P
Take Care,
Can't wait the next update,
Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Ennedi

Beautiful shots Derry! :thumbsup:

That one with the Honey farm and the next one with sheep  ;) are my favourite.
I have always a great pleasure visiting your MD, your pictures cause a feeling of a nice relaxing time in the rural retreat  :) I would like to make a long walk across this area and then to sit at the fireplace with a fresh cuppa  ;)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

sebes

hi Derry... it has been a long time ago since I was lurking here.... but time to leave a comment again. You still amaze me what you get done in your regions. The ATEX is just proving that ytour nor only a star in building excellent rural communities, but also know your way arround with mass transits  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

dedgren

That's the best thought out use of Chris's (chrisadams3997) farm tracks I've seen yet.  Always amazing stuff, Derry!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JBSimio

"Mini" or otherwise, it's always great to have an update here for Tea Time, Derry!   :thumbsup:

Your farms always impress me.  If I ever start getting into fine detailing, I definitely know to look here for ideas.  You have a great knack for taking rural farming areas to that next level.   &apls

Hope to see you soon,
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion